Need some motivation please!

Lizzyliz0

Silver Member
So I've been a yoyo dieter for as many years as I care to admit. 2 years ago it suddenly clicked and I lost nearly 4 stone. The past 6 months I've put on a stone again and am desperate to lose it and another 1 stone with it but I can't quite seem to get going. I tend to do well in the week then blow it at weekends. I've been with my new partner for 6 months and we do a lot of eating and drinking together. Generally having fun. But I need to learn to do this and not put back on all the weight.
Can anyone give me some words of encouragement or success stories that can help give me the kick up the bum I need. Thank you!

Hey, I can totally relate to being good during the week and then blowing it at weekends - you could be my twin!! I'm not exactly a super sucess story as I've been struggling with the final stone for the last 6 months, but I find if I do one or two fasting (500ish calorie) days during the week then it's enough to compensate for the weekend and give me a small loss.

I'd also recommend starting a diary on here and keeping track of your food/drink - even on weekend days when you're way over. It's super supportive here, & also I find just writing things down can help pinpoint where you're going wrong & how to change it. Even though it's not easy to change things, identifying what the issues are & possible ways to get around them is at least a start! Xx

Are you following any particular diet or just watching the calories?

I do slimming world and have the 'fakeaway' recipe book so, at weekends, I can cook up a 'chinese fakeaway' or an Indian or whatever I fancy really and be done with. Hubster is deeply impressed and says that he prefers my cooking to the local take-away place. The fact that Monday's is weigh day keeps me motivated, that and the fact that my cycling jerseys are a tad snug.

Well done for coming on and asking for help before you put too much of your hard lost weight back on. I wish that I'd done this again sooner so you are to be commended :D

Back