Need to Vent....Sorry!!!

Stefanie

Silver Member
xxx

Last edited:
I don't think you're overreacting. It seems to me like they've been really insensitive here. It's probably completely unintentional, but they haven't considered your feelings, and should have had the good grace to let you know without you having to chase them up on it. Is it possible that they don't know how much this means to you? Could you let them know you're upset about it and were really looking forwards to being together as a family? Maybe if they knew how upset you were they might be a bit more considerate.

Katy x

I agree, I don't think you're over reacting either hun! I've had similar happen with my Grandad last year and again this year. My family is really small so its just me, my mum and my grandad left (i have an uncle and his family but none of us really talk since my nan died)
So the first year me and my OH had together in our own home I had my mum and grandad up for christmas too but the next year my grandad said he wasnt coming (so he'd be home on his own!) and he's done the same this year. Apparently he found it "boring" :( really really really hurt my feelings as I thought everyone had enjoyed themselves. I worked so so hard to try to make it as nice as it used to be and then he just refuses to come :( I've not seen him since that christmas because I live in Manchester.

So I can totally see where you're coming from love, its almost heartbreaking especially at christmas when i believe that families should be together.

xxx

Last edited:
xxx

Last edited:
oh Hun I feel for you. To cut a long story short for the past well forever I have let family ruin my Christmas in one way or another. Not being invited or them going out for meals without me. Things came to ahead just over a year ago on something on a great scale.

I no longer see any of my family. I thought this would be hard. But I have to tell you that last Christmas with my hubby and my two lovely children was the best I have ever had.

I'm not suggesting for one moment that other people should be so drastic but the lesson in there somewhere is live and let live I suppose and make the best of what you have and count every blessing you can.

xx

It sounds very much to me as if you are being taken for granted, and perhaps you need to take a step back from the family for a while.

Why not arrange some time away over Christmas instead. A holiday, rent a cottage, have some time away from it all if you can afford it. If you can't manage it, then maybe plan some time at home by yourselves, put the answering machine on, turn off the mobile phones, and hide yourself away for a while.

avisk said:
It sounds very much to me as if you are being taken for granted, and perhaps you need to take a step back from the family for a while.

Why not arrange some time away over Christmas instead. A holiday, rent a cottage, have some time away from it all if you can afford it. If you can't manage it, then maybe plan some time at home by yourselves, put the answering machine on, turn off the mobile phones, and hide yourself away for a while.

Perfect!

sticks oar in - can't you go to them?

Also if your sister is with your mum isn't she in a better position to know how well/ frail she is relating to travelling?

Does your sister bully your mum? Sheesh family dynamics - doncha just love 'em.:eek:

xxx

Last edited:
Good for you Stefanie!
Stamp down on the pavement like its them and let your anger and frustration out! I bet you have an awesome work out if you do!
I love walking when I'm angry, I go really really fast without realising until I'm panting for oxygen 2 minutes later haha!

xxx

Last edited:
Good for you Stefanie!
Stamp down on the pavement like its them and let your anger and frustration out! I bet you have an awesome work out if you do!
I love walking when I'm angry, I go really really fast without realising until I'm panting for oxygen 2 minutes later haha!

Haha yes just back and I actually enjoyed it and feel better for it. Gabriella Climi's Save the Lies was on repeat!!! :) x

im glad you feel better. sounds like you have done a lot for everyone else so i hope this chrimbo is filled with you being pampered and taken care of instead. xxx

Back