New And Need Help!

Welshbabe

Hi,im new to slimming world,ive never done it before and really do not have a clue what to do :confused:...i cant afford the classes and anyway im too embarrassed to be weighed!...what do i need to do and how do i know what foods to eat? help please! :wave_cry:

Hi and welcome! There is a thread for newbies in the 'sticky' section at the top of the page. That will give you the basics but it's going to be really difficult for you without the official SW books that give the detail. You can buy these online from ebay but the prices can get really crazy. To be honest your best bet is to swallow your fears and go along to class even if it is only for one week. Get the books and the introductory explanation from the consultant (beyond value). And you'll get a password for the SW website that will allow you to jot down the syn values of your fav foods. I know it's hard to make that first step but fear of it is actually worse than it is in reality. After all everyone in that room will have been where you are standing!

Good luck!

My advice would be to go along to class honey - you have nothing to fear, we are all there for the same reason at the end of the day. There is certainly no finger pointing & sniggering at peoples shapes & sizes, so you have nothing to worry about.

Good luck x

Hi there. I would advise going to a class to Hun. Everyone is there for the same reason and the encouragement that you get there is worthwhile.

To get you started have a look at the food diary section on here also for some ideas.

Good luck.

xx

If you really cant afford the classes why not just go along to the 1st meeting get all the books and get the talk. Then if you decide you really cant afford to go again you will be armed with all you need to know. Then with the help from the lovely ladies here with syn values ect and recipes you could go it alone.
Personally I like going to group it is a bit daunting at first but you will find that there are people there in the same boat as you, some bigger some smaller nothing to be embarassed about. :)

good luck

Back