new and nervous

mrs lever

hi guys, ive been lurking for a while without posting but thought id be brave. Ive started slimming world this morning and was just looking for any advice or tips xxx

Hey, welcome to SW and MiniMins!

Firstly I will say give the Slimming World Advice for Newbies thread a read. It will hopefully answer lots of your questions about the plan.

* Read through the books and anything you don't understand just ask, no question is too silly!

* Try and plan ahead best you can - especially important when going out etc.

* Don't weigh everyday - only at your official weigh in once a week

* Keep track of your measurements as well as weight, so if you have a bad couple of weeks, you can be reassured knowing you are losing inches as well as lbs. Take your measurements about once a month

* Make sure you use the plan to your full advantage, fill up on free foods, weigh your HE's properly and use all 15 syns a day - then when you are closer to taget you have something to cut back on if you are struggling.

Hope that helps, good luck on your SW journey,

Natt xxx

Great advice from Natt as always. I'd add eat plenty of superfree foods as it speeds up your weight loss no end!

Thanx sarah - jayne, im sure i will and look at you with your fab weight loss and almost at target well done x

Thank you hun! Wouldnt have been able to do it if it wasnt for this site though, so stick about babes, they are a REALLY helpful bunch!

welcome. this site is really good for motivation and advice. have you joined a group or are you doing this on your own? Good luck.

im doing it on own to start with, its money more than anything but if i struggle i will defo go back

Welcome and good luck Mrs Lever! You will do great! I have only been on this site for a few days and it has helped loads with ideas and tips to keep me motivated :)

xx

Hi and Welcome!!!
I can only mirror what has already been said..plan your meals, keep a diary and dont be afraid to ask...we all have a question that someone on here can answer at some stage for us!

Good luck with your journey!

Kerry-Ann

Welcome Mrs L!!

I've been doing SW for a month now (and like you, I'm doing this by myself) and have lost 12lbs - and I never go hungry. It's the best eating plan ever and I wish you the best of luck with it.

As for advice, I would say...

keep a food diary - it's useful to look back in future weeks and helps keep you motivated and feeling in control

only weigh yourself once per week - I know it's tempting to constantly be weighing yourself, but it can be so demotivating and devisive.

Never go hungry - fill yourself up with free foods and the HEs and don't starve yourself. This diet can take some getting used to mentally - I was on WW for years and I didn't believe that this diet would work for me - but it has and I'm thrilled with it.

Don't give up - if you go off the rails once in a while (although not too often I hope), try not to torment yourself, put it down to a lapse in judgement and start anew. It's far better to be naughty for one day than to go for weeks off the diet - that unfortunately was the way I got with WWs.

Vary your foods - there are loads of recipes and tips on this forum so you never need to be stuck for menu options. Don't bore yourself with eating the same thing day after day. Variety is the spice of life!

Weigh your HEs - don't guess, best to weigh your HEs unless they're pre-packaged weight.

You're not alone - this forum is fab and the people are great. If you're ever unsure about the diet or want to chat, the forum is a great place to start. Even though you're not going to the class, you can have all the support you need from kindred spirits, so speak up!

Anyway, that's enough from me for now. I wish you the very best of luck on your SW journey!

Welcome Mrs L. Does your comment "If I struggle I will go back" mean that you already have all the books and info? Without them I know that we would have struggled - I still try to take my book with me even now when I go shopping.

But, if you've got them already, and with the great advice above, and all the help and tips you can get from here at any time of the day or night (!) I'm sure that you can do it!

Just let us know if you're slipping, and someone will certainly be able to help. I've never been on any sort of 'Social Network' in my life before, in fact, have never used a 'computer' of any sort, can't type either, am far, far too meticulous and long winded, but am totally addicted to this forum, and can't imagine life without all the help, support and ideas it provides!

So, now that you've been brave enough to start, do keep posting!

GOOD LUCK.

Welcome sweetie! No need to be nervous - we're all in same boat and it's a great place to get tips, get comfort and support - and also to celebrate!!!

Ask anything and everything you need to and good luck!

The main thing is to remember it's a long term plan (which makes it the best in my eyes) and it's ok to have gains as well as losses through the journey.

Hugs xxx

Welcome and good luck!
This site is fantastic for inspiration and support. If you ever need help with anything, just shout, and someone will have the answer for you!

Sorry hun I missed your first post, but just wanted to say hi and welcome. Hope you have a good week and look forward to reading your posts. xx

Back