New and rambling...

Korrigan

Hello. :)

I probably should have introduced myself on the general intro section but since I am doing SW I will probably be here more often than not and thought it polite to say hi.

I did SW successfully a while back but stopped going and ~ well you know what happened. :rolleyes:

I rejoined a local club at the end of November and managed to lose a stone by Christmas. Gained over the holiday and have lost most of that except a bout of tonsillitis 3 weeks ago laid me quite low and I'm still not 100%.

Missed 2 weeks of class and was overjoyed to STS when I went back. I'd not eaten loads but had picked at a lot of carby food which was all I fancied.

Second week post illness and I've gained ~ initially conceded it's just one of those "it'll come back to bite you on the bum" weeks and was cross more than anything else but being honest I had a)not been organised with food shopping and b)those sneaky extra syns have sneaked in after my carb cravings when ill.

Anyway sorry to witter on ~ I have been shopping to stock up on plenty of free and super free food.

Tomorrow is another day huh? :)

Hello and welcome Korrigan

You have taken the first step and I wish you lots and lots of sw success

Hope to see you around !

Welcome to the forum, you'll find we're a friendly bunch here, there is always somebody around if you need any help.;)

When you're ill it's too hard to stay focused on a healthy eating plan. You're actually lucky if you fancy eating anything. Don't worry about the gain, it'll all come off again quicker than you thought.

Best of luck

Welcome and good luck xxx

Hi Korrigan and :welcome2:

Yeah tomorrow is another day indeed. :)

Concentrate on getting well first as any weight loss eating plan is something you have to get your head around to make it meaningful but that's often difficult if you're not 100%. The plan obviously worked as you had a fab result losing a stone on the run up to Christmas. :wee:

You've done your shopping and you know what you need to do from here. Stick with it and you'll be fine! ;)

I know what you mean felt unwell today didnt want the salad and stuffed peppers I had planned for tea so I went to Morrisons bought a fresh cream cake the the one you cut into 4 and ate that then I had small chips with pudding and gravy from the chippy.So Im very guilty today but Ive been on the plan long enough now to know I will be back tomorrow fruit and veg and good stuff. Today started fine but I will write it off LOL.

Thanks guys :) :thankyouthankyou: :thankyouthankyou:

peggypig ~ that was it. The free stuff I usually love just made me feel bleh. Not that I gorged but once I began to get my appetite back milky porridge for breakfast and cream of chicken soup was what I fancied. And cups of tea with real sugar. :eek:

I've not had tonsilitis since the children were born and my son is 17. I used to get it a lot ~ so glad I don't now!

The thing was once I did start back "on plan" I wasn't really. I'd sneak a couple of biscuits here and there and add butter to my healthy B wholegrain toast and marmite. :break_diet:

I did have my usual Friday (weigh in Thursdays) breakfast treat ~ a multigrain bagel with marmite from the local deli. And I'm enjoying my weekend glass (or 2) of wine which is where I use my syns. Other than that it was back to normal.

Having said that a weekend at my parents lies ahead and if anyone knows how to sabotage the best laid healthy eating intentions it's mother dearest. Plenty of walking in between meals I think!

Back