New and struggling!

Emma1333

Hello,

New to slimming world I went to a meeting a few weeks ago and I have been trying to do it on my own since. I'm not doing very well at all I am struggling with the whole thing. I think the main problem is trying to find whole family friendly recipes for tea and the fact that when I've been to work I can't be bothered - I know I need a kick up the butt and motitvation. Helllllppp!

Hi TDQ, I have printed off some recipes of the site, and I have bought a magazine and looked through a couple of pages....I just need some energy and enthusiam!! So far what I have been eating has been boring and tasteless.. I really need to get prepared and try different foods. I'm just so hungry but its sweet things I'm craving.

What's the possibility of going to meetings regularly to weigh? That is, would you have the time/opportunity to go to weekly meeting. It might help you to stay on track and give you ideas for tasty meals!

I have a whole shelf in my kitchen cupboards dedicated to herbs and spices, or you can buy things like fajita or Cajun spices that mixed with a little oil (frylite would probably work) goes lovely on chicken. Really tasty. I've never done slimming world so don't know how that would work syns wise.

I always Google recipes and if there's something in them I don't like/have/think will be healthy I leave them out or swap them for something else.

Good luck to you on your journey! X

Hello! :)

I'm very new to SW too, I'm doing it online rather than going to a group meeting - I'm too wimpy to go to a group just yet. I'm finding lots of ideas on google and checking out blogs of people doing SW. There's lots of syn-free or low-syn versions of many favourite meals, so I'm sure you'll be able to find lots that work for you.

Another idea would be to look at the lists of free foods or low syn ones and see what you can make out of them - you can't go wrong there as there's far more choice than I expected!

A lot of SW, from my albeit very limited experience, is based around making healthier choices in your day to day and a lot of that can be achieved by cooking differently and cooking from scratch rather than relying on ready-made things! :)

Good luck!!

Hello,

New to slimming world I went to a meeting a few weeks ago and I have been trying to do it on my own since. I'm not doing very well at all I am struggling with the whole thing. I think the main problem is trying to find whole family friendly recipes for tea and the fact that when I've been to work I can't be bothered - I know I need a kick up the butt and motitvation. Helllllppp!

Hi Emma. I suggest you try a diet plan that is specifically designed for women. I've been struggling as well until I found out that our workout should me different from men and that is how I started my weight loss journey.

Back