New Biggest Loser UK Jan starts 10th 2011!!

welshgirl21 said:
I feel so sorry for the black team in the US one, they are feeling so disheartened and low. It was really unfair the way Michael stacked the teams, he's been really unfair.

He's doing what most people would do doing his best to ensure he stays there as long as possible. Most people would do the same. Ultimately they all want to stay there as long as possible.

At the end if the day though has he really stacked the teams? Yes they lose more but it's done as a %age so it's kind of relative and the blues list the very first weigh in. the girls might lose less but they're smaller to start with

Ultimately in a show like this they're all in it for themselves and will do what they have to to ensure they don't get kicked out, and who'd blame them. It's the opportunity of a lifetime

He's doing what most people would do doing his best to ensure he stays there as long as possible. Most people would do the same. Ultimately they all want to stay there as long as possible.

At the end if the day though has he really stacked the teams? Yes they lose more but it's done as a %age so it's kind of relative and the blues list the very first weigh in. the girls might lose less but they're smaller to start with

Ultimately in a show like this they're all in it for themselves and will do what they have to to ensure they don't get kicked out, and who'd blame them. It's the opportunity of a lifetime

forgot to add that the prize is 250,000.

I feel so sorry for the black team in the US one, they are feeling so disheartened and low. It was really unfair the way Michael stacked the teams, he's been really unfair.

I thought it was interesting how he justified the choices by saying he was putting himself first for the first time in his life.

As for the black team, they should have got rid of Stephanie much earlier IMO instead of kicking out the older ladies.

i read that Jillian has left or leaving BL and they have another woman in as she wants to have a family, adopt a baby, as she is unable to have children easily.

Yes that's true, boo :(

It's weird cos in the US they're about 2-3 series ahead of what's being shown over here; my mate in Chicago said the new trainer is nothing on Jillian.

I love BL! I prefer the US one to the UK - but of course, have been watching both avidly!

You can therefore imagine my surprise when yesterday, in Harvester in Reading when Will - winner of UK version comes walking in!! He was really chatty and friendly and is very small in real life. He has done so well!

the us ones have a lot more prize money as well its amazing what you can do for $250k rather than just £25k they even told one girl last year that if she kept on with the diet until next "season"she would get $1000 for each lb she lost, so if she managed to loose 100lb she would get $100,000 gives you a different perspective on the whole thing dont you think?

Yeah, but even that wasnt quite enough! She could have won up to 100k but I think she actually lost 84lb so didnt quite make the whole 100k. Blimey, in her shoes, I would have lost 150!

(I think it was 84, was ages ago I read about how she ended up doing!)

I loved her though, Shay, she was such a nice person.

I love BL! I prefer the US one to the UK - but of course, have been watching both avidly!

You can therefore imagine my surprise when yesterday, in Harvester in Reading when Will - winner of UK version comes walking in!! He was really chatty and friendly and is very small in real life. He has done so well!

ooh you celeb spotter!! xxx

It was actually quite embarrassing!
He walked in and my friend was like 'oh look - there's Will', so I looked up, and assumed I knew him and was like 'hiya'! Only after about 5 seconds did I realise that he was the man off the telly! Cue red cheeks...!!:ashamed0005:
Luckily he chatted back!

Oh no lance mind u wasn't keen on him. Doesn't Stephanie look amazing!

What would be great is to see what they eat? Seems they cut out carbs? X

Steph looks great and Sam losing 14lb! I was pleased that 5 of them chose not to eat any cupcakes, really showed they've changed their mindset and when Sam said to whoever was cooking 'let's get rid of this and go shopping for healthy alternatives' I thought that really showed a change in his mental thinking.

I cheered those on who said no to the cupcakes, because I actually think that that was part of the challenge, not to give other people more minutes. As for Lance, what a greedy pig for eating that many and I'm glad he's gone. He came across as being as vile as his wife!

I'm so glad Sam got a big loss, he was due one. And Koli too, they really big up everyone else, don't they? Nice guys.

Yeah lance was really evil with the cupcakes and his wife is vile at home too. What was with everyone ganging up on Sam too? Him and Koli are great guys and I'm so pleased lance didnt get the $10,000.

Koli won the challenge in the end. Sam came first but he had 15 cupcakes added to his time so dropped to 8th, after everyone else had dropped apart from lance, Ashleigh one other who had no cupcakes added Lance was in 2nd with Koli first - luckily no one added any cupcakes to Koli's time so he won the prize.

It's funny reading how many in the UK prefer the US version of BL. I stopped watching years ago because of the backstabbing and manipulating tactics. So many of them seemed more interested in playing the game than losing weight. That's why they had to add the rule that if a player with immunity gained weight than the immunity was taken away.

I like the UK and Aussie versions. Although the UK one seemed to go by awfully fast this year.

i think that there should have been a twist to the cupcake one, not only did they get to give the extra minutes away, for everyone that they gave away they received ten mins back.
i didnt like Andrea for giving them to Sunshine. horrible girl

Back