New Biggest Loser UK Jan starts 10th 2011!!

Since I already know who wins and who comes second, it wasn't a big supprise who went..

My V+ never recorded again - i double checked and it is still showing as set. Fortunately I was waiting for it lol.

Yes, the tactical voting has now well and truly bit back and I can't say i'm surprised. Had they not formed such a bond, it may well have panned out different.

Like Coljack, I too know the results (and the following series too! - damn i wished I never looked).

First time I've watched a series of this and it is good viewing. Not sure if I would enjoy watching it again as much, probably diminishes with each series. I even thought the first Big Brother series was great:eek:

When it was between the two at the end I'm so glad the one who got through did so; they seem so happy and really deserved it, I really like them.

i thought it is the semi final next week and the final the week after ?

does anyone know if there is going to be another series of TBL whether it is USA or Australian?

Yeah I thought there was one more week before the final, they've still got to go home for 30 days don't they?

i thought it is the semi final next week and the final the week after ?

does anyone know if there is going to be another series of TBL whether it is USA or Australian?

It might be, it's normally final four though. Too scared to google in case I see the winner :D

I think they have already filmed at least another 1 series of TBL USA, it's just a case of waiting for it to come to Living or Watch. You can download TBL Aus from the internet I believe.

I thought the final 4 week was the final episode.

They do go home, but I thought it was for ages, like a couple of months - the differences between the final 4 at the ranch, to the final 4 at the final episode is amazing - they all lost loads more at the end.

I just dont think they show any of the at home bit - the last episode is all studio and fireworks etc.

Having said that, I think when it was on Sky One last year -there might have been 2 episodes, they just showed them both on the same night, so maybe it just seemed like one really long episode

Last series they did 2 episodes showing them at home - one where they found out they had to do a marathon and it showed bob and jillian surprising them by visiting them at home, then the next episode showed them doing the marathon then they showed the final in the studio.

why do you think that we warm more towards the usa and australian one rather than the uk one. i found that the uk one left me cold, even though i loved the trainers. do you think because it was only one hour a week, therefore it never really gave you enough time to bond with the contestants?

I don't know what it is about the UK one, but I never enjoy it as much as the others. It is always cold and grey lol....probably just the UK weather.

Love Bob & Jillian though, they make the programme for me, shame I heard Jillian is leaving/has left :sigh:

Yes I think so, I don't like the way they edited it as you never really got to know the contestants. All it seemed to show was the temptations and them working out, but the USA one shows them doing that but you also see them at home and they show a lot of the before and after so you get a real feeling about what life has been like for them leading up to the show.

I also think the contestants seem more passionate and committed. In this years uk one that orange team one day didn't even get up to go to the gym, they stayed in bed. Bob and jillian would never stand for that and the contestants wouldn't dream of doing that because they really want it.

I've just watched this weeks programme & I have to say how inspirational it was.

All the contestants understand how far they have come, they all admit to how they felt then, how they feel now & the are all proud of what they have achieved. That is why IMO it is better than the UK one, they are more open to their feelings & not afraid to show how they feel & what they are going through.

I was happy with tonights result.

I just don't think the UK contestants really try, if that makes sense? Paddy was the only one who lost a significant amount and actually looked like a different person. He should have won overall! I agree that maybe an hour isn't long enough to get to know them all either.

I love the American versions though, I'd love to go out the ranch and get trained by Bob and Jillian! :)

And I was pleased with this week result too! Ashley or Darus to win for me!! :D

Darus or Michael for me :D I didnt like Michael after he made the teams so biased in his favour, but he's won me round again with his honesty and achievements

I agree that the UK one doesnt allow us to get to know the contestents, and I was a bit disappointed with the weight losses. I was a bit :rolleyes:, particulary with Robs weight loss (one pound between eviction and the final) as I thought he had the drive and motivation to see it through.

The glitz and glamour (and prize money) on final night is also lacking in the UK one, so maybe that also has something to do with it.

I still watch them all though :D because I love seeing them change throughout the weeks, and a little bit of me is sat there thinking 'yeah I am doing that too' rather than previous years where I wished that I could lose weight like them

sometimes i blame the filming and editing. The British one seemed really stark, if that makes sense.x
Saying that i was really hooked the year that Jodie Prenger won BL.

I can totally relate to how Michael was feeling.. he's lost so much but he's still as big as some of them were when they started..

I've lost just short of 8st ( 110lbs, 2 lb short :) ) and should be exstatic, but I still see a 25st fat bloke when I look in the mirror...... and can't use home exercise equipment or regular bikes etc so if I want to exersice it's out in public for a walk / jog, or down a gym where I'll be surrounded by skinny girls and buff blokes, all of whom I'll be thinking are looking at me and saying to themselves "What's that tub of lard doing here? His pizza's getting cold.. :)"

Back