New Biggest Loser UK Jan starts 10th 2011!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi all, thought some of you might be interested to hear (if you haven't already) that The Biggest Loser UK comes to ITV on Monday 10th January!! Davina will be presenting it! I'm really excited about this as I always find the US/Australian versions extremely inspiring and motivating! I'm also chuffed that it's on a Monday night which is my WI day so it will hopefully help to motivate me for the coming week! Just when I thought my life would feel empty post X Factor, Strictly, and Apprentice, along comes Biggest Loser and Dancing on Ice to keep things ticking along nicely!!X

Yay! I love the US Biggest Loser! Thanks for the news, I will be tuning in for motivation! I wonder if there are any other good weight loss shows on...they usually all come on at once in January.

yippeeeeee seen it advertised but not been given a date!
I love the US version but cos its in lbs i have no idea how much they weigh lol so hpefully the uk one is in stone.

xx

The UK one isnt a patch on the US one.... theres no Bob & Jillian for a start ;) The losses never seem as good I dont know why but it just seems like a poor imitation of the US one. But Ill probably still watch it lol

I've never heard of it..or hadn't until i saw a few posts on here so I've just googled it, they have some fantastic losses on it. How long do they follow them for?

Just when I thought my life would feel empty post X Factor, Strictly, and Apprentice, along comes Biggest Loser and Dancing on Ice to keep things ticking along nicely!!X

Oh what good news Heather ! We must start a thread for it. I do hope it is as lively as the XFactor one.

I love this programme. It makes me so motivated and also makes me feel like Twiggy lol.

hugs xx

I've only ever watched the US version - and LOVE it - my SW journey - this time started about the same time as the last US Biggest Loser so every monday night I worked out whilst watching that before my my weigh ins on Tuesday.

I hope this UK version inspires me as much as - and again on a monday - whooopeeeedoooooo - I have about a stone to target (as I think I have gained 3lb's over Christmas) not looking forward to class tonight but gotta go ! thats another story eh!

Funny I just posted a reply on the very same topic on a different thread.
I'm the biggest fan of The Biggest Loser. I'm obsessed with the US version and of course I'll be watching the new season starting on Jan 4th.
It will be interesting to see what the UK version will be like. Somehow I think it won't be as ass kicking as the one in the States.
Mind you my friend Richard is one of the trainers and I know what he's capable of! He better not disappoint me! ;)

4th jan? thought it was 10th Jan? hope it is as good as US version too

Funny I just posted a reply on the very same topic on a different thread.
I'm the biggest fan of The Biggest Loser. I'm obsessed with the US version and of course I'll be watching the new season starting on Jan 4th.
It will be interesting to see what the UK version will be like. Somehow I think it won't be as ass kicking as the one in the States.
Mind you my friend Richard is one of the trainers and I know what he's capable of! He better not disappoint me! ;)

Wow, that's a claim to fame!!X

The UK one isnt a patch on the US one.... theres no Bob & Jillian for a start ;) The losses never seem as good I dont know why but it just seems like a poor imitation of the US one. But Ill probably still watch it lol

We'll have to see!! I think the format/production is going to be completely different this time- The UK one hasn't been on for a few years now so it'll be interesting to see! I love Davina so really excited about that! Seems that they're better than us at everything in US eh Starlight?! Are we better at anything? Drinking tea perhaps? Not complaining in restaurants?....x

Oh what good news Heather ! We must start a thread for it. I do hope it is as lively as the XFactor one.

I love this programme. It makes me so motivated and also makes me feel like Twiggy lol.

hugs xx

AMAZING news eh Sue!! I really can't 'weight'!!X

I've never watched it before but I think I will!

The other day I watched something on VH1 about the 40 most slimmed down celebrities and that was really inspirational

Exciting stuff!!!!

Ruth
x

SO GOOD to have it on terrestrial! Pity about Davina, I can't stand her, but I will be watching.

seriously...100+lbs lost in only 4 months? Is that even safe?

You make a good point CC!! I always think it's incredible to lose so much so quickly (speaking as a scenic route slimmer!!) and worryingly so, but I suppose if they really do learn good habits from it and can continue a healthy lifestyle and more or less maintain it's OK, besides they do eat properly albeit a strict diet during those few months and it's the intense exercise regime that really boosts it! Jodie Prenger, of 'I'd Do Anything'/West End's Oliver won it last time in 2005 and whilst she's certainly not as slim now as when she won it, she's obviously made long term changes in lifestyle (jumping around the stage 8 times a week for 3 hours at a time probably helped too!!

Back