New diary for a fresh start

Anna24_bel

Hello!

The scale said 12st 10lb on Monday, which means I had put on 2 stone since January! After years of yoyo dieting I really need to stop binge-eating and get back on track! I started calorie counting at the start of the week and now weigh in at 12st 5lb, which I know is mostly fluid loss.

My goals are:
- to record what I eat each day
- to stop binge eating huge amounts just because I have slipped up a bit
- to get out of the 12s quickly and reach 9 stone ASAP (i.e. lose 3st 10lb)
- to run 40 mins continuously

I would really like some tips on how to stop binge eating and to stop mid-binge if I do start. I'm reading a book called 'Never binge again' so hopefully that might help! I have a really big problem with binge eating so I am going to eat several times a day to prevent bingeing.

Today's food/plan:
Breakfast: Two slices of wholemeal toast with 1tbsp peanut butter and half a banana
Snack: An apple
Lunch: Tomato soup and sardines on toast with flora light
Snack: Wotsits
Dinner: oven baked fish and chips with peas
Dessert: smarties
Exercise: 20 mins running, 10-20 mins walking

Good luck... I'm following your progress and hoping you inspire me... .
I have regained at least 1.5 stone of my loss and I really need to sort it out before I gain anymore... I'm so cross with myself as I kept the weight off for 3 years... But grandchildren arrived.. And exercise happened less and less... And that definitely made a difference to how much I could eat without gaining... My metabolism has slumped.. Then I got low about it and started bad eating habits... So now I'm back up to 12-3
So time to sort it out!!

Hi Sue,

Thank you for your post! Do you have a food diary? It's funny I feel as though I'm still in the 10 stone bracket but all my clothes are tight. Don't be cross with yourself- you did so well to lose the weight to begin with and keep it off for ages and I'm sure you can do it again!

I hope you're having a good week! I've had quite a stressful time this week and have not stuck to plan for two days so I need to record what I eat today and try really hard to stick to it.

Good luck with your weight loss- 1.5 stone shouldn't take too long!

Food for today:
Breakfast: two pieces of toast with peanut butter - 360
Snack: yoghurt - 90
Lunch: 70g white loaf with brie and weight watchers soup- 370
Snack: ice lolly - 82

902 calories already- oh dear!

I'm writing everything down ... Good or bad in a written food diary... To see where I'm going wrong and shocked to see that I'm eating around 2500 calories a day at least at the moment without regular exercise.. So hardly surprising the weight has crept on.... But it's time to stop putting this off til tomorrow...
Ideally I should weigh about 9st 7 but I would be quite happy to get back to a fit 10 stone 10lb.... I was a comfortable size 10/12 and most importantly, in control of food.... I've lost my way.. When I was 16 stone and GP advised me to lose some weight for health reasons.. Losing 5 stones didn't seem as hard as losing this extra weight I'm carrying now.... Because I'd never known what slim was like before... Then I had 3 years of being comfortable and confident And I feel massive now... Yet people tell me I look fine because I have learnt to hide the excess with good fashion choices...
Anyway I'm rambling... It's good to have someone to vent off to who understands!
You seem so disciplined with your menu/food diary.. I'm impressed... God isn't it easy for those calories to add up though! I'm on 1000 already and haven't had dinner tonight yet! Hope to end the day at 1500.
Been out for a really long walk pushing the granddaughter in her buggy today so that's all good!
What size clothes are you in now and how tall are you?

Hi! I've also recently started calorie counting. I am combining it with intermittent fasting so I can more calories on eating days - it can be scary sometimes how quickly the calories add up!

Hi! I've also recently started calorie counting. I am combining it with intermittent fasting so I can more calories on eating days - it can be scary sometimes how quickly the calories add up!
Don't they just!! I do love calorie counting though as you do learn to 'spend' your calories wisely to try and fill up on good healthy food... But then it's liberating to be able to use them on a treat now and again just being mindful to stay within your daily allowance... Good luck... I've never tried the fasting... Keep us updated!

Yeah I'm the same. I've tried so many diets and most I find too restrictive - and then I eat something I shouldn't and feel like I've totally failed! With calorie counting you can juggle things around to fit in some wine or chocolate (especially if you count weekly)

Food for today:
Breakfast: two pieces of toast with peanut butter - 360
Snack: yoghurt - 90
Lunch: 70g white loaf with brie and weight watchers soup- 370
Snack: ice lolly - 82

902 calories already- oh dear!

Hi Anna,

How are you getting on? Are you still keeping a diary or have you moved it to another thread?

Hi everyone,

I started another diary as I realised this wasn't in the food diary section but think I'm going to keep this one and lose the other. Since restarting i've been up and down by 5lbs so now I'm back at 12.9 and feeling useless. I can be good for 2 or 3 days then have a massive binge and ruin it.

Here is what I ate yesterday:
Brunch: petit pain with 20g cheese
Snack: someone bought chocolate cupcakes and I ate 2 :(
Then I thought 'screw it, start tomorrow'
I had:
2 hotdogs
A McDonalds Filet of fish with fries, milkshake and apple pie.
Followed this with 9 Thornton's chocolates, 30g galaxy chocolate, a bag of wotsits

I seem to be on a perpetual binge-healthy eating-binge cycle :(

Today's food
Brunch: tomato soup with petit pain and 20g cheese
Snacks: 2 chocolates, ice lolly, rice pudding

I really need to avoid thinking I've messed up already already so that I don't give in and binge!

Sorry to hear you're finding it so tough at the moment :( Do you pre-plan what you eat each day? I think that can help (even though it can be difficult sometimes to find the time and organise enough to do this!). Especially if you plan in controlled treats so you don't feel deprived.

Do you have any idea what your triggers are for binging in which case you could address the trigger? It sounds as if it is often feeling like you've failed, in which case maybe you're putting too much pressure on yourself? I think you mentioned you got a book recently, have you read much of it and is it helping at all?

I'm not very good at offering advice but hope things click and fall into place for you x

Back