NEW HAIR COLOUR ADVICE PLEASE

i'lldoit

Banned
Hi wasnt sure where to post this so here I am ;)

I have always had my hair High-lighted It is very blonde and down to just past my back bra strap.............
I have been growing it out and underneath it is very natuarlly dark as a year ago I only had 1/2 a head high-lights done!
But now I feel like a BIG BIG change I want to go back to DARK but Im afraid Im scared :eek: Because Ive always had confidence with Blonde hair even when I was big as it got me noticed.......a few years ago about 6-7 I went back to my natural colour dark brown and I felt timmed at the time I got down to just under 10 stone a size 12!
My hair is real thick but I really would like a new fab style colour a lovely brunette BUT what if I hate it :(

XXC

Some salons have these computer images where they scan your face in - then change the colour of your hair - so you can see what you'd look like.

Do you have a photo you can upload so we can see what you look like now???

I've been red before - and found I had to change my make up and clothes colours!! It also changed my temperament as well!

OMG - flashback!! haha

Ok last summer, I went through a phase where I wanted change, and went from my normal ash-blonde to pillar box red streaks and a chocolate brown base.

I didn't recognise myself when I saw my reflection in the mirror, and neither did anyone else at first! lol

3 people told me outright that they hated it! - My mum, my boss and my gran.
Everyone else was complementary and I think the fact that my mum complained made me even more determined to keep it that way! -eeeek!

It's back to it's normal shade now, but took forever to grow out :)

Why don't you post a photo hun?

Kitty xxx

Personally for me having naturally dark (with a bit of grey unless covered :eek: ) I think you can't beat a nice rich chocolate or reddish brown it makes the hair look so shiny and glossy. You could have this done and then if you are unhappy with it then have a few subtle highlights added in caramel, lighter brown, blonde tones.....:) Look have fab Davina McCall's hair is and she's dark......

Hope this helps - just my opinion for what it's worth;)

Love

Some salons have these computer images where they scan your face in - then change the colour of your hair - so you can see what you'd look like.

Do you have a photo you can upload so we can see what you look like now???

I've been red before - and found I had to change my make up and clothes colours!! It also changed my temperament as well!

Hi Thanks hun xx
I might have a butchers round and see if I find a saloon who does that fab idea!
Well I do have a digital camera and I rek that ghost has hidden it its gone missing since August :eek:
XXC

OMG - flashback!! haha

Ok last summer, I went through a phase where I wanted change, and went from my normal ash-blonde to pillar box red streaks and a chocolate brown base.

I didn't recognise myself when I saw my reflection in the mirror, and neither did anyone else at first! lol

3 people told me outright that they hated it! - My mum, my boss and my gran.
Everyone else was complementary and I think the fact that my mum complained made me even more determined to keep it that way! -eeeek!

It's back to it's normal shade now, but took forever to grow out :)

Why don't you post a photo hun?

Kitty xxx

Hi Kitty bad people saying they didnt like it GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! I cant find the flipping camera!!
I will have a look on ebay for a new one neeed a kodak to go with the soft ware and printer!
I ned a hair change :eek: lol
XXC

Personally for me having naturally dark (with a bit of grey unless covered :eek: ) I think you can't beat a nice rich chocolate or reddish brown it makes the hair look so shiny and glossy. You could have this done and then if you are unhappy with it then have a few subtle highlights added in caramel, lighter brown, blonde tones.....:) Look have fab Davina McCall's hair is and she's dark......

Hope this helps - just my opinion for what it's worth;)

Love

Hi Thanks Mich
Your opinion is worth loads THANKS hunni XX
Yes I feel I need a complete change so my Christmas pressie to myself will be this I wanted to do it when I got to goal BUT its a messy mop at the Min I just need the right shade of brown as Im very pale :eek: I think its time for a few hairdressing booklets !! and an appointment with a fab hairdressers !!
XXC

Hi Thanks Mich
Your opinion is worth loads THANKS hunni XX
Yes I feel I need a complete change so my Christmas pressie to myself will be this I wanted to do it when I got to goal BUT its a messy mop at the Min I just need the right shade of brown as Im very pale :eek: I think its time for a few hairdressing booklets !! and an appointment with a fab hairdressers !!
XXC

YOur more than welcome.....have a look in the gallery at the pics from the WeMitt meet - you will see I'm quite pale and my hair is quite dark.....its a home kit I think Loreal Ferria called French Roast normally use Bronze Shimmer but fancied a change......I like it and hopefully don't look too pale.

Good luck - but don't spend a fortune it is so not necessary....a friend of mine went to a posh salon and it cost over a 100 pound and she hated it and had to go back....I see a good stylist in a back street type shop who doesn't charge the earth because the salon has the latest hi-tech equipment and chrome and leather bits and pieces....LOL:D

Don't forget before and after pics when it's done - and you'll be amazed a good cut and colour will make you feel fab:D

Love

YOur more than welcome.....have a look in the gallery at the pics from the WeMitt meet - you will see I'm quite pale and my hair is quite dark.....its a home kit I think Loreal Ferria called French Roast normally use Bronze Shimmer but fancied a change......I like it and hopefully don't look too pale.

Good luck - but don't spend a fortune it is so not necessary....a friend of mine went to a posh salon and it cost over a 100 pound and she hated it and had to go back....I see a good stylist in a back street type shop who doesn't charge the earth because the salon has the latest hi-tech equipment and chrome and leather bits and pieces....LOL:D

Don't forget before and after pics when it's done - and you'll be amazed a good cut and colour will make you feel fab:D

Love

Hi Yes I saw your photos yoou look fab !! I really need to go and get my hair soRted havent had it cut since June HATE the hairdressers confidence thing also Ive had some dreadfull cuts in the past :eek:
Think i'll try and get it done in 2 weeks time :eek: God thats a decision !!lol!!
tHANKS mICH
XXc

Hey, my hair was blondish for the summer, and redish a while ago and is not a chocolately kind of brown...

going red again in a few weeks....I love having my hair all auburny in the winter!!

:eek: it'll fall out ;) no I dont blame you a change is as good as a rest XXC

hey hun
speak to a good hairdresser - i've been every colour under the sun but i'm quite pale with naturally mousey brown hair but it's got quite a bit of red tones too - does that make sense???
anyhoo - very dark makes me look ill - purple was funky but washed out too quick as do any reds so i always go back to a nice cool blonde.
If you get a good hairdresser they should help loads....

hey hun
speak to a good hairdresser - i've been every colour under the sun but i'm quite pale with naturally mousey brown hair but it's got quite a bit of red tones too - does that make sense???
anyhoo - very dark makes me look ill - purple was funky but washed out too quick as do any reds so i always go back to a nice cool blonde.
If you get a good hairdresser they should help loads....

hI hUN
Ive found a lovely hair pic in a hair mag its choclate brown with beach blonde and red thickish streaks through it and its lovely :D OH says he'll pay for it as my crimbo present :) BUT i need to find a good hairdresser :eek:
THanks Hun
XXC

hI hUN
Ive found a lovely hair pic in a hair mag its choclate brown with beach blonde and red thickish streaks through it and its lovely :D OH says he'll pay for it as my crimbo present :) BUT i need to find a good hairdresser :eek:
THanks Hun
XXC

Sounds lovely! Don't forget we want to see piccys when you've had it done!

At least your OH will know to comment on your hair as he'll be paying! Mine was in the doghouse for nearly a week last time I had mine done as he didn't notice!!!

Sounds lovely! Don't forget we want to see piccys when you've had it done!

At least your OH will know to comment on your hair as he'll be paying! Mine was in the doghouse for nearly a week last time I had mine done as he didn't notice!!!

Bad Oh I hope you returned the same non compliment when he had something new !!They dont notice do they UNLESS expensive!
He usually notices when I have anything new especially clothes he always does,hes as tight as a ducks a*se so hes wants to know what things cost!When I said my hair would be at least £70 he was s h o c k e d !!!! lol funny to see him turn GREEN ;)
XXC

I have the appointment

9.30 am Friday December the 8th :eek:

I looked through yellow pages and choose a salon with that has a 'GOOD SALON GUIDE' award,,,, so I phoned them up and the girl on the phone was lovely and £70 looks about right so fingers crossed it'll look fab !

XXC

hi there
have you thought about going to a department store & trying on some wigs to get ideas of what colours suit you, then when you get to the hairdresser & look at the colour charts you'll know which one(s) to go for.
i'm really lucky my hairdresser is my best friend & i just let her get on with it HaHa

I have the appointment

9.30 am Friday December the 8th :eek:

I looked through yellow pages and choose a salon with that has a 'GOOD SALON GUIDE' award,,,, so I phoned them up and the girl on the phone was lovely and £70 looks about right so fingers crossed it'll look fab !

XXC

Take a camera along too!!! Or use your mobile phone camera - we want to see the results!!!

Hope it all goes well for you hun and I'm sure you'll look fantastic.

hi there
have you thought about going to a department store & trying on some wigs to get ideas of what colours suit you, then when you get to the hairdresser & look at the colour charts you'll know which one(s) to go for.
i'm really lucky my hairdresser is my best friend & i just let her get on with it HaHa

Hi yes good idea,I have a long consultation before they start so I hope they will advise me well.My friend used to do mine but she stopped hairdressing :( Handy though isnt it
xxc

Take a camera along too!!! Or use your mobile phone camera - we want to see the results!!!

Hope it all goes well for you hun and I'm sure you'll look fantastic.

Hi Thanks,I didnt sleep last night kept waking up thinking about what if it looks yuk!!!WTF :eek: lol :confused:
Ive been blonde most my life except for 3 years and i havent been dark for 7 years so Im a tad bit nervous :eek: But the colours ive found is choc brown with slices of beach Blonde so if I have lots of slices around the front it may not seem so harsh?
Thanks HUn
xxc

Back