New here :) ... Worried about my food diaries please help!

wifey_to_be

Hi everyone :) I have been doing slimming world for about a year. I started by going to class but due to work commitments I was struggling to get there every week so I now do it from home. Before doing slimming world I would strictly calorie count and my intake would be minimal. I then found it hard starting slimming world as I was always conscious of the calories I was eating and I hated the feeling of being full as to me I felt "fat". Back then being hungry ment I was losing weight. Anyways I believe this is the reason I struggle so much with slimming world. Dont get me wrong it is working but I feel I am not following it 100% hence perhaps why I am beginning to struggle. I follow slimming world, but I also look at the calories too which I know I shouldnt but I just cant help myself. I am trying to imagine free foods as having 0 calories as that may help me. So fingers crossed I can keep that up. My other issue is that I never have syns and if I do I have the odd 1 or 2 a week. I am almost at my goal weight and my weight loss is slowing right down. I wonder if Im maybe not eating enough? But then again worry if I start eating more I am going to gain weight. Due to never eating syns I cannot reduce these to boost weight loss. I have read posts that suggest to start eating syns.. but my biggest worry is that if I was to start eating syns now I would gain weight??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am also walking 5 miles a day. Below I will add an average day food diary...

Breakfast - 2 x alpen light bars

Snack - banana

Lunch - Supernoodles & veg / cold meat & salad / jacket potato & beans and mullerlight yogurt

Snack - nothing

Dinner - Chicken and veg / pasta & meatfree meatballs and veg and bowl of fruit

Healthy extra A
skimmed milk for tea
Healthy extra B 2 alpen light bars
Syns 0
Fluids Endless cups of tea

I forgot to mention.. I weigh myself on a Saturday morning. When i weighed myself yesterday i hadnt lost a single pound and thats from eating the average of the diary above and walking 7 miles a day. Sorry if tmi but my period ended thursday so thought any gained weight through water retention would be lost now :( anyway i must still plod on and try to not let it get me down. This week i am going to try and eat a little more as maybe im not eating enough due to the exercise im doing.. Here goes...

Saturday 18th aug

Breakfast -

Lunch -
cold turkey slices, lettuce, peppers, onion, cherry tomatos, boiled egg and mullerlight yogurt

Snack - 2 x alpen light bars

Dinner - sw tuna fishcakes, chilli sauce 1.5 syns and sw chips and melon

Healthy extra A skimmed milk in cups of tea

Healthy extra B
2 alpen light bars

Syns 1.5

Hey :) Well weighed in again on Sunday 26th August and... a loss of 2lb :D so happy! Im assuming I sts last week due to *week.

This week I am going to attempt to eat a bit more and use syns on a daily basis as I have barely been having any. I think this is due to my worry of intake due to being on a calorie controlled diet prior to starting slimming world. I am not going to use the 15 syns a day as yet anyway as I worry I will gain going from 0 syns to 15 a day? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. So here goes...

Sunday 26th August

Breakfast -
Banana sf topped with ww yogurt. Green tea

Lunch - Birdseye fish fusions (garlic&herb crumb) 7 syns mushy peas ss 2 x clemintines sf/s shape delight ff yogurt 0.5syns

Dinner - 6 x ryvitas (hxb), 6 x xtra light triangles (hxa), cucumber sf/s

HXA - 6 x Extra light triangles
HXB - 6 x Ryvitas
Syns - 7.5

Monday 27th August

Breakfast -
Crunchy Bran
(hxb) skimmed milk (hxa)

Lunch - cod ss topped with mushy pea curry sauce ss rice, carrots sf/s brocolli sf/s sweetcorn shape delight ff yogurt 0.5 syns

Dinner - Thai chilli salmon, potatoes, carrots sf/s brocolli sf/s sweetcorn shape delight ff yogurt 0.5 syns

Snack - banana

HXA - Skimmed milk
HXB - Crunchy bran
SYNS - 1

Well I THINK today has gone well.. although I am feeling guilty for eating syns :( .. any advice on how I can overcome this?

Tuesday 28th August

Breakfast -
Crunchy bran (hxb) skimmed milk (hxa)

Lunch - superspeed tomato soup sf/ss 2 x clemintines sf/s

Dinner - cod ss, potatoes, carrots sf/s, sweetcorn, brocolli sf/s shape delight ff apple crumble yogurt 0.5 syns

Snacks - special k strawberry biscuits 5 syns

HXA - Skimmed milk
HXB - Crunchy Bran
Syns - 5.5

I used Calories when I lost my "big" weight and it took a year and when I decided to do SW I felt just as you do. My friend had lost lots of weight with SW so thought I would give it a go as she always seemed to be eating and I automatically looked at it and thought "my what a lot of calories" but she assured me it was ok.
I eat far more now than I did CC and lose 1lb a week which is fine.

I kept my weight off for about 8 years but recently it started to creep back on due to bad habits coming in again so now with SW.

I went to a couple of SW classes when I was back in UK and was told always to have at least 5syns so now have anything upto 15 but usually about 8 unless I have a glass or 2 of wine!!!

Good Luck with your weight loss.

I am trying to think of free food as having 0 calories.. strange I know hehe but its kinda working so I tend to fill myself up rather than let my belly grumble for rest of night haha! Its the syns that I feel really guilty for. I am trying my best to have at least 5 but I just feel so guilty afterwards :( Hopefully I wont gain. Thanks systema good luck with your weight loss too :) Heres my food for today...

Breakfast - Banana sf and 2 clemintines sf/s

Lunch - Superspeed tomato soup sf/ss chopped banana sf & banana & custard mullerlight 1 syn?

Dinner - 6 x ryvitas (hxb) & 6 x extra light triangles (hxa) cucumber sf/s and crabsticks

Snack - French fries crisps 4.5 syns

HXA - 6 x extra light triangles
HXB - 6 x Ryvitas
SYNS - 5.5

Well yesterday I feel as though I had a bad day :( Woke up late as was my first lie in in weeks.. so by the time I had been on the treadmill and got myself sorted it was too late for breakfast. I felt hungry for the entire day and blame that on not having any breakfast.. due to no breakfast I hadnt used my healthy extras and struggled to fit them in with planned meals so ended using them as snacks where I normally wouldnt snack so much. I definatly wont be missing breakfast again! Here is my diary for yesterday...

Thursday 30th August

Breakfast -
Nothing

Lunch - Superspeed tomato soup sf/ss strawberries sf/ss topped with mullerlight

Dinner - Jacket potato with beans ss and salad (lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, cherry tomatos (sf/s ) strawberries ss topped with mullerlight

Snacks - 2 alpen lights (hxb), 3 babybel lights (hxa) grapes sf, french fries crisps 4.5 syns

HXA - 3 Babybel light cheeses
HXB - 2 Alpen lights
SYNS - French fries crisps 4.5

Think Ive had a better day today..

Friday 31st August

Breakfast -
Strawberries sf/ss and grapes sf

Lunch - Superspeed tomato soup sf/ss , strawberries sf/ss and grapes sf

Dinner - Wild pink salmon in lemon and herb dressing, tagliatelle, carrots sf/s , brocolli sf/s and cauliflower sf/s Quick and easy cheesecake (found recipe on here) and it was AMAZINNNGGG! 2 syns

Cheesecake - Made 2 small cheesecakes :)
Tub of Quark
2 x options sachets (white choc)
4 x alpen light bars (used this as my hxb choice)

Works out 2 syns per cheesecake if you use alpen light bars as hxb.

Melt alpen light bars in microwave for about 15 seconds to soften slightly and spread in bottom of ramekins. Mix options sachet into quark and lay ontop of alpen bars. VOILAAA

Snacks - 3 x babybel light cheeses (hxa)

HXA - 3 babybel lights
HXB - 2 alpen light bars (used in cheesecake)
SYNS - 2

Saturday 1st September

Breakfast -
Crunchy Bran (hxb) and skimmed milk (hxa)

Lunch - Superspeed tomato soup sf/ss , melon sf/ss

Dinner - Coley ss, SW chips, mushy peas ss and melon sf/ss

HXA - skimmed milk
HXB - crunchy bran
SYNS - 0

Today was my weigh in day.. and the result is a whopping -2lb loss :) I really am chuffed as I ate syns this week, may not have been many but I did eat them... whereas I havent been in the past.

I feel as though I have maybe eaten too much today :/

Sunday 2nd September

Breakfast -

Lunch - Superspeed soup sf/ss and melon sf/ss

Dinner - Chicken ss, 1 slice of gammon ham ( ? say 2 syns ) brocolli sf/s , carrots sf/s , potatoes, gravy (3 syns?) and melon sf/ss

Snacks - Banana & custard mullerlight 1 syn French fries crisps 4.5 syns

HXA - skimmed milk
HXB - crunchy bran
SYNS - 10.5

Today was my weigh in day.. and the result is a whopping -2lb loss :) I really am chuffed as I ate syns this week, may not have been many but I did eat them... whereas I havent been in the past.

I feel as though I have maybe eaten too much today :/

Sunday 2nd September

Breakfast -

Lunch - Superspeed soup sf/ss and melon sf/ss

Dinner - Chicken ss, 1 slice of gammon ham ( ? say 2 syns ) brocolli sf/s , carrots sf/s , potatoes, gravy (3 syns?) and melon sf/ss

Snacks - Banana & custard mullerlight 1 syn French fries crisps 4.5 syns

HXA - skimmed milk
HXB - crunchy bran
SYNS - 10.5

fantastic loss well done :winner:
How far off target are you now?

Im 4lb from target hun so not far at all.. just hope my weight loss doesnt slow right down. it will be my star week next week so may miss weigh in and weigh in following week as it will really get me down if its a gain. Hows things with you? x

Monday 3rd September

Breakfast -
crunchy bran (hxb) and skimmed milk (hxa)

Dinner - superspeed soup sf/ss, chopped banana & banana&custard mullerlight 0.5syns

Tea - Tandoori chicken, carrots sf/s, broccoli sf/s, cauliflower sf/s, garden peas ss melon sf/ss and grapes sf

HXA - skimmed milk
HXB - crunchy bran
SYNS - 0.5

Back