Extra Easy new here

juliec43

hi new here
been doing sw for 6 weeks now
just looking for tips off anyone else and ideas for meal time for all the family

Hi Julie, welcome to minimins, I think the best advice is to spend a bit of time digging around the site, maybe do a search for things your family would usually eat and see how you can make it Sw friendly

Good luck on your journey x

You'll find so much help on this site :)

What kind of foods do you like? I LOVE to make my own Chinese Takeaway :D I have my dried egg noodles which I cook and cover in Soy Sauce, I have my egg fried Rice using Fry Light and I put in Chinese 5 spice with it and some peas etc. Then I have my chicken and the stir fry veggies you can get from the supermarket and I cook that with a tablespoon or two of Oyster Sauce (Buy the bottled ones as then you know you've always got some :D). The Oyster Sauce is the only thing synned and is approx 1 syn per Tablespoon (Might be 2 syns, I can't remember, double check).

Or Pulled Pork is lovely! There is a recipe on here somewhere, do a Minimins search for it :)
When you do a search (top right of the page) and have clicked enter, on the top right of the page you can chose whether you want to search the web or minimins, search minimins :)

Good Luck!!

Huge welcome! You have done fantastically well so far!

I think SW is so easy to feed your family on! Was just saying to DH that he has been having SW free meals for nearly 3 weeks and he and the kids havent even noticed.

Their current favorite is meatballs and spaghetti.
Mix extra lean mince with an egg and an oxo cube, shape into small balls, fry in fry light until brown on all sides.
Chop all veg you fancy and fry in frylight. We like onion, 2 cloves of garlic, peppers, courgette and mushrooms. Add a tin of tomatoes (i prefer the ones with the herbs already in, but you can add the herbs yourself), a teaspoon of sweetner, salt and pepper. Add the meatballs back in and simmer until the sauce is reduced and thick. Serve with spaghetti.
My 5 year old and 15 month old both go mad for this! and its free!

They love chili too, I make it with extra lean mince, fried until brown, add a tin of tesco chili beans, some passata, some cumin and chili powder and simmer until thick. So easy, perfect for days we have been out all day!

Hope that helps a bit, theres tonnes of recipes on here!

Back