New member with lots to lose

chloecat

Hi everybody,

I was actually a member of this website a few years ago - part of yet another failed diet!

Ok so I'm 27 and have been trying and failing to lose weight as far back as I remember. I once found a diary I used to keep when I was around 7 or 8 and in it I wrote that I wanted to lose weight. This really has been a problem as far back as I remember. The biggest success I ever had was following Slimming World at home. I lost 3 stone, nearly 50% of my target, but then my willpower dropped and the weight piled back on.

I haven't weighed myself in a while, but I know from my current dress size and how I compare to how I've been in the past that I need to lose around 6 stone. I've decided to really do this as my weight is affecting me badly. I suffer from depression and being so overweight is knocking my self esteem so badly. I feel like my life is passing me by, like I'm 27 and feeling nothing but fat and depressed and unable to achieve anything I want.

I really want to change the way I am as I am simply existing right now, not living. My life was held back for a long time by an abusive boyfriend, but now I am free of him and piecing my life back together with the help of some wonderful new friends, the first real friends I've had in a long time. The only thing holding me back now is me and how I feel about myself. I'm out of a situation that destroyed much of my life, but now things have come back together and only my low self esteem and non-existent confidence is stopping me from leading the sort of happy and fun life a woman in her 20's should be doing.

So I intend to follow Slimming World again, and to start on monday. I know I could start now but I have no low fat foods in the house and too many tempting thing around - better to plan ahead and be prepared to do it properly! In terms of goals, I'm focussing on summer holidays in August. I've spent every holiday of my life fat, sitting on the beach in my black work trousers. Would be great to have shifted a good chunk of weight by then. In October I am going away for my first ever short break with friends and would love to have my confidence boosted by feeling slimmer and prettier. I guess my ultimate goal date would be Christmas 2011.

Ok so that was quite a lot of information, but I really need help and support. I've been through a hard time over the past few years and know that it has all contributed to hating myself and my confidence being rock bottom. I think the time has come to really try and prove I am not the young, naive woman who suffered in a bad relationship, but a stronger woman who can look after herself and feel proud in her own skin.

So please help me everyone! I need it!

Hi Chloe, I am well aware of your angst and have great fellow feeling for you.
Having spent most of my life carrying a lot of weight and, to boot, marrying an abusive guy, it is soo soul destroying, isn't it?

So a new you is on the horizon and I am quite sure you will get there but patience is the main thing now. Don't allow yourself to be put off when those "blips" occur as they surely will from time to time! Non of us are perfect so we can't expect for things to go 100% ALL the time. Just be sure that you will accept those things and I am sure you will be sitting on the beach in that new cossie, bikini no doubt - and having a whale of a holiday with those new friends of yours.
Get a diary started a.s.a.p. so we know where to find you to support you and all the very best for your exciting journey...:)

Wow....... That's shows your are determined... Well Hi you have just made a new friend....:) ... I'm happy to share stories and nightmares... I love it on here stops me feeling like I am the only one with food as a demon..... X

Back