New Recruit!

Hey all :] I just thought I'd drop a comment in here, introducing myself I suppose and asking a few questions! I'm new to the Slimming World eating routine - officially started today! - so it's all a bit new to me. My mum is also on the programme, which is great for support, but I have to admit that I'm still a little confused by the plan. Hopefully I'll pick it up over the next week or so.

The food optimising seems like the best way for long term weight loss - I was on the Weight Watchers plan for a while, which did have it's pros as well as cons, but it doesn't seem like a sustainable plan. Anyone else share that view? I'm hoping to have a little more success with Slimming World, though I have lost around two stone over the past six months purely by increasing exercise and eating better, but I've hit a rut and I'm hoping Slimming World can help me reach my final goal! If you have any tips (I'll be checking out the recipe thread in a second and hopefully adding one of my new favourites) I would much appreciate them!

Oh, and I'm Natalie :] I'm currently in university studying English and History.

Last edited:
Welcome CP, good luck with your journey. I've sort of started SW this week but just getting to grips this week, hope to be 100% next week tho.

hiya!!any tips u need ask away!!all i can say is get weight watchers out of ur head as there is no point countin!! the more free food u eat the more u lose, sounds to gud to be true but TRUST me it really works!!!its the best diet around :D xxxxxx

Hi Natalie, welcome and good luck. I've onyl been on SW this time around but lost a stone on it before. I put a little of that back on due to depression NOT due to SW! And am trying to lose those last ten pounds now. Losy 5 pounds last week and honestly, this diet is a dream. Last week I gorged myself on pasta, jacket potatoes, rice, free chips, eggs, omlettes, salads, everything - I'm mainly a Green fan - and lost 5 pounds and that was having my wine and crisps in syns too!Today I'm on a Red day just because I find it speeds up the last few days of my week and am currently eating the fattest ham and turkey sandwich you've ever seen! I think you will love it, it's the best diet ever!
BTW, I'm also studying for an English degree - mine's with the Open Univeristy.
Best of luck x x x

Hello and welcome to the group,
Hope you have lots of enjoyment on this diet and good luck
Ruthy xxx

Hey there & welcome ~ I too have only recently started having lost some 4stone last year, most of which was through doing the Cambridge diet, but have put 1 1/2 back on.

Haven't really got my head back into it ~ but that's me not planning what I'm going to eat from day to day, then finding I've not got the stuff I need in. So now at the end of week one and at most I've lost only 1lbs.

Been reading the slimming world mag earlier on this evening and there's some really fab ideas for meals ~ so really motivated to have a good go at it now and hope week two is the start of staying on track.

So good luck and no doubt we'll chat from time to time :)

This forum moves so fast, lol. Over 9000 posts since I last logged in o_O

Vicx: Thanks for the welcome!

xxchristiexx: I'll be sure to send any questions your way :]

rosie1608: Green days rock on! I love the fact that I can have as much of my favourites food and still lose weight. It really is a great way to lose weight. Good luck with your degree :]

RUTHYJ357: Thank you :]

domino: The magazine is super helpful (We had the beef burgers the other night <3)!

Anyway, I was on it for around 3 days before my first meeting (my mum is a member and I was having the same meals as her) and I've lost two pounds! So yay, I'm chuffed with that seeing as I wasn't following it completely because it was still a little confused. Hopefully, with the knowledge, I'll lose more over the seven days.

Back