New Surname Dilemma - Resolved :)

Id definitely take my hubbys surname, but thats because I fancy a personalised number plate for my car and cant get one with my current initials..... or is that really shallow ;) Not much help am I :giggle:

Seriously, hope you get it resolved but what ever you decide, best of luck for Saturday :)

:eek::eek::eek:

ROFL.....right off :character00182:to the DVLA to check on the status's of the various combinations of initials.....you know, this could be the answer :crazy: :D :D

:giggle:

Hey DQ, I love your avatar, it's a fab picture :)

K xxx

ooooh kitty, good luck for tomorrow - I hope you have a wonderful day and that it is as special as you both dream it will be!!

Enjoy the honeymoon, its a lovely time to really be together after the wedding!

Looking forward to reading a report and seeing some pics!!

Thanks Mandy :) I desperately hope so too :)

Can't sleep, which is a bit of a problem as have terribly bloodshot eyes right now. Not a great look for the photos! ;)

K xxx

Thanks Mandy :) I desperately hope so too :)

Can't sleep, which is a bit of a problem as have terribly bloodshot eyes right now. Not a great look for the photos! ;)

K xxx

Hi Kitty,

fetch.dll

Wishing you and yours every happiness and I hope the weather is good for your Big Day:grouphugg:

Hi Mini :)

Thank you for your kind wishes :)

I can't believe it's today, I feel so scared about something going wrong, but so excited at the same time!

Have just been looking at the vows as my biggest fear is getting my words wrong ;)

K xxx

Thank you Starlight :)
I think our guests are hoping for an announcement about it today, but to be honest....I'm still not sure we've resolved it LOL

K xxx

Hi Mini :)

Thank you for your kind wishes :)

I can't believe it's today, I feel so scared about something going wrong, but so excited at the same time!

Have just been looking at the vows as my biggest fear is getting my words wrong ;)

K xxx

Hi Kitty,

I think everyone feels very anxious on their Big Day!

You will get through it fine!

The main thing is to enjoy yourself!!!

fetch.dll

The weather is absolutely glorious down here, so a hoping it's the same for you too. Have a fantastic day Kitty :hug99:

Ahhh, enjoy it babe!!! You've worked so hard planning your wedding, now it's time to just sit back adnd watch a well rehearsed plan come together!!

Enjoy it - this bits for you!!

Have a wonderful, wonderful day - keep stepping back with your husband to just watch the day, it goes by so quickly!! (It also means you spend some time together, no mean feat when everyone is grabbing you both all the time!)

Cant wait to see the pics!!

Just popping by to say that I hope you are having a wonderful day. I wish you both every happiness in your marriage - whatever you decide about the surname! (Sounds like a good opportunity to test your joint ability to reach a happy compromise!)

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes and support :) - full wedding report in my diary.

You'll be glad to hear that we finally resolved the issue, after a long discussion with a very special person acting as our counsellor ;)

So both got to keep our names :)

K xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
A good compromise - sounds great!

I know i'm a bit late to this conversation, but i retained my maiden name but to be honest it's getting a real pain. We were married 6 years ago and i am getting more confused as time goes on :sigh:

The cat and the dog are called Flint at the vets, because my husband registered them when we moved, but i ordered the carpets at the time so when i went back to try and get a matching carpet i couldn't remember which name we had used so they could check their records. When the cars are mot'd i never remember which name they are booked in under...If i ring anyone on his behalf eg insurance firms, work related, bank etc i have to become Mrs Flint - yet the vets rang work asking for Mrs Flint when the dog was ill and no-one knew who they meant
I stayed as Miss S Tayler, but my dad still sends me birthday and xmas cheques as Mrs S Flint (luckily my husband is called Steve so i manage to sneak them into his account) but at work all my personnel records are Mrs S Tayler. We have just been privatised and someone else in the firm has the same name, so i said that was ok, i would change to S Flint and was informed i couldn't just make up a name :eek: (apparently it was too complicated for them to understand)

So the upshot is that i am seriously considering changing completely to my married name and life will be so much easier on my memory :rolleyes:

I think a DB name is the best solution for you both as a compromise :D

Back