New to all this

Welcome to Minimins and SW Rhian and all you other newbies.

I haven't decided on a target weight yet (at least 2 more stone, possibly another 4 and a half) but I never really thought about the fact that I may have 8 stone to lose, I've only looked at it in half stone increments. I knew that I would lose weight on most plans successfully but didn't know whether I'd be able to stick to it or whether the fact that I would be eating loads of carbs would matter. And here I am 4 and half months later, 3 and a half stone lighter. Who would have believed it (particularly not me !).

So my advise is, I would encourage you to (a) plan, plan, plan (including your shopping) and particularly when you're out somewhere so that you can minimise the opportunities for falling off plan (b) drink plenty of water/low cal squash - it really helps (c) use your syns. They are there to help you and will make the plan infinitely longer term by allowing you a little of what you fancy (d) set realistic targets - the stones won't come off really quickly like the very low calorie/meal replacement diets but they will come off (and maybe faster than you think) and set you up with eating habits for life (hopefully).

People here are so lovely and helpful and there are some amazing inspirational people around who have lost lots of weight (eg Capricorn, Madame La Minx, Ian, Cocktail Princess and a whole loads of others) which will hopefully help to keep you going if things are not going as well as you hope. Good luck and hope you enjoy the plan, the classes and Minimins.

Gail x

Thanks for all of the Gail. It was really useful.
I have only ever been able to lose a couple of pounds on my own but I really feel I can do it this time.

I am so glad I found this site as I am sure it will be helpful over the next few months!

ooo 50 posts.. I best get posting then :D

I had a message from my SW consultant yesterday saying that there are offers for new members in Bella magazine and Womans Own this week. Both come out tomorrow (4th Jan) and have a cover date of 11th Jan. Bella have a coupon for free membership (usually £9.95) so you would just pay the normal weekly fee of £4.95. The Womans Own coupon is for 2 people joining together. Also, at the moment, if you buy a 12 week countdown there is no joining fee (a 12 week countdown costs £49.50, the equivalent of 10 weeks and is paid in advance).

Hope this helps! Good luck with your weight loss. You can and will get there!! x

Hi and :welcome:.

You sound as if you will do really well on SW. You certainly have the enthusiasm.

SW is a fabulous way to eat. It is not a bit like any other diet. It is not a diet.

I have lost 65lbs and can honestly say I rarely feel hungry. If I do there is always something you can eat.

Become familiar with the free foods and keep plenty in. They have been my life safer.

Use your syns. An options orange , chocolate drink, 2 syns, is sure to kill any sweet cravings or hunger pangs I might have.

Have a look at other peoples stats and you will see how many people have lost 7 and 8 stones. They are inspirational.

Look in the Off Topics section too. It is a brilliant forum, lots of fun, lots of help. There is also a forum for your food diary. Just so much going on here !!

For me this site is like an extended family who all have one thing in common.......we all want to lose weight and maintain it when we get there.

I look forward to seeing your progress cos I truly believe you will succeed.

Good luck.......good eating !!

Back