New to CC, used to do CD, need a push please

sophia-jo

Silver Member
Hi guys,
I used to be a regular on the Cambridge Diet forum, I lost over 4 stone on CD in about 12 weeks, then...I put over 5 stone on!! This was approx 2 years ago.

I've decided to come back to minimins for help, support and advice on Calorie Counting...I was going to change my user name etc... and join mini mins as a newbie...but I have nothing to hide so here I am, SJ they used to call me on the CD forum, but my name is Jo, I don't mind what you call me as long as it isn't 'fat'!! :eek::D

I'm not feeling upbeat at all about cal counting...only because I've failed so many times at many diets...I do however really want to lose weight, about 6.5 stones. I know it will be a struggle, but I hate being the way I am, and I need to get back to the old me... I've only been over weight for about 7 years and I'm now age 36 so have spent most of my life being really slim, and want to continue my life that way.

I've been reading some posts on this part of the forum this morning and I've been encouraged by them..so hopefully my first day of calorie counting will begin today.

So, hello to you all :)

xx Jo xx

How wonderful to see you SJ!!! Might sound strange but I have thought about you recently and wondered how you were and its wonderful to hear from you again.

I use calorie counting to keep me on track and it really does work as it is so simple, if the numbers add up you will lose weight although you do have to invest the time in making sure you are calculating the weights and calories correctly. It also gives you the flexibility to eat a full range of food without restricting anything specific.

All the very best sweetie.

xx

Hi Jo :)

It will be a struggle, I agree there! But if it was easy, it wouldn't be so worth it. We're all here, these people are wonderful for support, and a cheer up when we need it.

Good luck for your first day, hope it is going well :) Let us know how u get on!x

hey an old face hehe . Hello ! last time you was making them wonderful cakes and paintings , how is life treating you .... Welcome back to the madhouse lol

Hi Jo, welcome to CCing! I'm sure you'll do just fine! It can be done and I'm the proof - 6 stone gone! I've reached my original goal but am going to push on for a few more pounds I think. When I started out all those months ago the end seemed so dauntingly far away but the time has passed so quickly. Take it a day at a time and you'll be galloping down those stones before you know it - good luck!!

Hello & welcome. :) I agree with Jen, if it wasn't hard then we wouldn't get the same sense of achievement!

Your story sounds similar to mine, I also didn't start to put weight on until my late 20s and then ballooned, I'm also 36 and am fed up with being overweight. It doesn't feel like the 'real me', whatever that is. Well I'm sure we'll both get there.

Good luck. x

How wonderful to see you SJ!!! Might sound strange but I have thought about you recently and wondered how you were and its wonderful to hear from you again.

I use calorie counting to keep me on track and it really does work as it is so simple, if the numbers add up you will lose weight although you do have to invest the time in making sure you are calculating the weights and calories correctly. It also gives you the flexibility to eat a full range of food without restricting anything specific.

All the very best sweetie.

xx

Hello me gorgeous girl, how wonderful it is to see you again:D when ever I sign in on minimins I look you up, even if I don't post on the forum, it's good to know that you're still at goal weight and are doing so well helping others to achieve their goal, you are amazing Georgie, but you always have been :D:D:D

Yes, I have to make sure I weigh the food 'properly'...today I have not done so, my goodness, if I don't do it on day one...how can I get it right?? lol I have eaten about a 1/4 of what I usually eat so I don't feel guilty, and I've not eaten fatty stuff either...we've also been having a big tidy up too and that usually makes me stop every now and then for a 'stuff my face session' but I didn't, I was strong.:D:cool: I do feel good now, I had a couple of Maynards wine gums earlier on, and I have no idea how many cals are in each one, but I had 3 of them..which would usually send me off to a full blown 'blow out' but...I refrained from eating everything in sight, so hopefully I can do this:D I have to believe that I can!!

I hope you're well dear Georgie, goodness, you certainly look it babes. Super well done to you for maintaining...I believe that's as hard as losing it in the beginning. "Go Superwoman" ...:superwoman:

I'll be seeing you around darlin :D have a great weekend, mmmwwaaaaa!!! (kiss):D
xx jo xx

hey an old face hehe . Hello ! last time you was making them wonderful cakes and paintings , how is life treating you .... Welcome back to the madhouse lol

Hello :D
Did you change your user name??? it looks different. I know your photo has changed...I get sooo mixed up. Yes sweetie, I'm still painting..I have so much on my plate at the moment though, art market coming up, on line art shop that needs to be stocked up, and I need to have a huge clear up in my little art studio...
How are you hun? I checked out the Christmas count down in your sig, wow, not long now. I have no idea how much I can lose between now and then, we have a Florida holiday in just under 5 weeks so no doubt my cal. counting will falter A LOT then. :eek:
I hope you're well.
xx jo xx

Hi Jo :)

It will be a struggle, I agree there! But if it was easy, it wouldn't be so worth it. We're all here, these people are wonderful for support, and a cheer up when we need it.

Good luck for your first day, hope it is going well :) Let us know how u get on!x

Hi Jen, Thanks hun, I've not done too bad today, I don't think I've had more than 1000 cals today, and plan to have some poridge later whilst watching the X Factor :D so no doubt that will take me to about 1300 or so, I will weigh & measure properly to be sure.

xx jo xx

Hi Jo, welcome to CCing! I'm sure you'll do just fine! It can be done and I'm the proof - 6 stone gone! I've reached my original goal but am going to push on for a few more pounds I think. When I started out all those months ago the end seemed so dauntingly far away but the time has passed so quickly. Take it a day at a time and you'll be galloping down those stones before you know it - good luck!!

Hi Nic, I have to say that before I posted this morning I was reading some threads on CC forum and your story stuck out to me, you have done so very well, and yes, you are the proof that it can be done, and because of you and your weight loss info I was totally spured on to make today my first day of cal counting and as you know, the first day can be so hard. So with some 'will power' from me and 'inspiration' from you today was my first day cc'ing, and I hope it's the first of many (well, not too many, I'd like to lose weight sooner rather than later lol):D

You have done so well Nic, well done:):):)

xx jo xx

Hello & welcome. :) I agree with Jen, if it wasn't hard then we wouldn't get the same sense of achievement!

Your story sounds similar to mine, I also didn't start to put weight on until my late 20s and then ballooned, I'm also 36 and am fed up with being overweight. It doesn't feel like the 'real me', whatever that is. Well I'm sure we'll both get there.

Good luck. x

Hi there Lady Marmalade, you're in my neck of the woods :D

Yes, our stories are very similar, and there must be many of us out there feeling exactly the same, which in a way can feel comforting. I often think that I must be the only person out there who used to be soooooooooo slim and has turned soooooooo fat, I ask myself why anyone would let themselves get that way...I must be the only one!!! But the truth is, there are other people in the same boat as me, and I want to be one of the one's who beat the demons and get back to my true self. we can do it!!

xx jo xx

Hi Nic, I have to say that before I posted this morning I was reading some threads on CC forum and your story stuck out to me, you have done so very well, and yes, you are the proof that it can be done, and because of you and your weight loss info I was totally spured on to make today my first day of cal counting and as you know, the first day can be so hard. So with some 'will power' from me and 'inspiration' from you today was my first day cc'ing, and I hope it's the first of many (well, not too many, I'd like to lose weight sooner rather than later lol):D

You have done so well Nic, well done:):):)

xx jo xx

Aww bless you! It's really weird to think of myself as being anybody's inspiration as I remember in my early days looking at all the before and after pictures wondering if I'd ever make it! ( I still haven't posted any pics - but I will!) Georgie was the one person that stuck out for me (similar height, weight to lose, age - as well as obviously looking absolutely AMAZING in her after photos!)and she was so lovely when I grilled her on her diet etc. etc. So i'd like to say a big THANK YOU to her too :D
I can only wish you all the very best on your own personal weight loss journey x
Thank you for the rep too!

Its me lol

Hello :D
Did you change your user name??? it looks different. I know your photo has changed...I get sooo mixed up. Yes sweetie, I'm still painting..I have so much on my plate at the moment though, art market coming up, on line art shop that needs to be stocked up, and I need to have a huge clear up in my little art studio...
How are you hun? I checked out the Christmas count down in your sig, wow, not long now. I have no idea how much I can lose between now and then, we have a Florida holiday in just under 5 weeks so no doubt my cal. counting will falter A LOT then. :eek:
I hope you're well.
xx jo xx

You have to go on the xmas count down that other is for my oh birthday ops confusing , but as from today its Countdown To
Friday, December 25, 2009 8:00 am
60 days
Hey ben to florida , wow they have plenty of food there lol
think the diet will be on hold by that time lol .
My username was leo but changed it agaes ago , really to just get people thinking lol no joking lol .
I have a long way to go myself too , think 4 stone , ouch , did I just say that lol .
Reading your post's are never boring plenty to write and always keeps us reading on and on .... I know its not good to really be back here as we know whats ahead of us , but good to catch up with people .
You sound so busy there with your paintings , are you still putting them on Ebay , and hows the cakes coming along ? wow the birthday cake you did your daughter was fabby !
Anyway that won't get us to goal now will it lol .
I will be here and there so will keep get back to you again :) i'm sure in 5 weeks you will lose 1 stone and a half !

Go girl xxx

Hi Jo & welcome, porgeous, its great to hear your still at goal weight, you look fab girl!.x

:wavey:

Hi Jo lovely to see you on forum. Good luck with CC!! xx :D

aaaaah hiya spooky :D
Great to hear from you:D
Super congrats on your baby girl, wow, so many things have happened since I've been away. How are you doing?

xx jo xx

MsJMC, I just knew it lol, you do like to confuse us :D doesn't take much (for me anyway):eek::confused::D

I wish you luck with your journey too, I'm sure we'll do it:D
-------------------------

Thanks Jot, it's good to be back. (sort of):D
----------------------------
Nic, yes, you are a true inspiration, and yes, Georgie has done BRILLIANTLY... we started CD around about the same time,..and we used to chat A LOT on the dialy threads...:D:D:D I remember them well, i used to have a numb bum with sitting here all day typing...never got the time to eat anyway, lol.

I'm off to bed now...apart from being tired my tummy is beginning to rumble :eek::eek::eek:

ttfn
xx jo xx

I confusing myself too hehe . Best thing to run to bed when the tummy starts to talk then you are out of harms way of the food ... :)
How long are you going to usa for ? and where are you staying i stayed in international drive right by Dennys ....

Back