New to MiniMims - Slimming World

MarMar59

Hello,

I'm new here and would like to introduce myself.

I've tried Slimming World on and off for a while:
Group 2012 for 8 months - lost half stone (very slow). I got a bit discouraged as most people had lost 2 -4 stones in the same time period. I recorded everything I ate and rarely ever went above 5 syns. I did eat a lot of fruits though.

Online 2013 - 2014 for 1 year - lost 4 lbs. (really, really slow). For some reason I didn't think I got the support I need (personally) doing it online.

I'm trying to do this on my own this time as I have all the books and I also subscribe to the magazine. I Like Slimming World because I don't like counting and weighing. I can handle measuring Healthy Extras and Syns while not having to worry about anything else.

Hi, Im pretty much the same, back and forward with SW over the years. But I am back on it now, back to group and losing 1 pound a week. Which is fine with me. I have found this time around that I have about 10-15 syns a day and I still lose weight, so maybe having 5 syns is not enough for you.

Good luck on your journey ;)

Good luck. I'm also starting again for the millionth time. But I'm going to do this at home. Eek. The difference this time is I have my biggest supporter and critic on board. My mum was 75 this week and I've promised her I won't be this weight when she is 76. She spent all her young adult life overweight but managed to lose it at 50. She knows how hard it is and how miserable I am and without sounding morbid I don't want anything to happen to her and know I'm unhappy

I am new to this site also i have been trying to follow sw at home but not had whole motivation to do it, im hoping with starting a group tomorrow it will help :)

Hi everyone

I'm new to the site as well. Have done Slimming World on and off for years but have had a big gain over the last three years and want to lose 3 stone, so I'm back again!

Good luck everyone!

Good luck to everyone. 'Yes, we can'

Also, I have an additional challenge...I'm trying to do vegetarian. I started this past February by giving up sweets and meat for Lent and have decided to continue. Quorn is my new best friend. :)

Good luck. I'm also starting again for the millionth time. But I'm going to do this at home. Eek. The difference this time is I have my biggest supporter and critic on board. My mum was 75 this week and I've promised her I won't be this weight when she is 76. She spent all her young adult life overweight but managed to lose it at 50. She knows how hard it is and how miserable I am and without sounding morbid I don't want anything to happen to her and know I'm unhappy

Best of luck and love to your mum

Good luck everyone...ive had a few bad weeks...problems at home and depression so have fallen off the wagon but am back today

Back