New to Minimins...Slimming World Journeys?? I'm Kate, and I'm an over-eater!

katebelle

Hi everybody!
I'm new to minimins, but unfortunately not so new to slimming world! I have done it many times, but this is the first time i've done it with quite a considerable amount of weight to lose!
After having my first baby 8 months ago, i was tipping the scales at 18st4...
I now weigh 15st13.5lb.
I have lost a stone with slimming world, and the other bit of weight i lost with healthy eating/breast feeding..
Anyway without going in to too much detail unless asked, I've always battled with my weight, but have never been this heavy. i would like to get back to 11stone, then see how i feel at that.

So...How are you all finding sw? i went to group this morning and had maintained-i'm actually v.pleased with that,as i have binged all week. So, today marks a fresh start for me, i think i've been getting bored of the same things, so what days do you all do?
And, what do you eat in a typical day?
Just looking for someone to share journeys with and encourage eachother?

x

Welcome!

ive been doing slimming for 5 weeks and have lost a stone. My youngest(of 6) is 8 months. I've battled with being overweight most of my life.

im really enjoying the diet this time tho, it's like something has clicked and I'm so so determined.

i have a few motivations, a wedding to go to(and I will wear a dress, one that I like not just having to get because it's the only one that would fit). My sons first day of school I will be thin in this photo, all the other boys photos I've been pregnant or just had a baby. Most importantly we have a holiday in October :D

Ive also been going swimming 3-4 times a week for an hour when the baby is in bed, and trying to get out walking with the pram for 3-4 miles a few times too

Ive set my self lots if mini goals to reach not just 1,2,3 stone off, but things like reduce my Bmi by a point so 34 to 33, get under 100kgs, get under 200lbs. So I always have a little goal that's easy to reach.

I'd love someone to talk to as well, as I don't want to become a diet bore in real life.

Hi JennJenn
That's brilliant well done! Maybe we could buddy up then and support each other? I do love slimming world, it is by far the best diet i've ever done(and i've done A LOT!) As it doesn't feel too much like a diet!

My son is also 8 months old! It's taken me a while to get my head in to gear and focus on losing the baby weight(plus the weight i was carrying before)...My hubby is a soldier in Afghanistan, been serving for the last 6 months there, so i'd like to lose another 1/2 stone before he comes back in a month...hopefully he will notice a difference!

I've got a wedding to go to as well-in July and i'm a bridesmaid! Actually quite dreading it, but my goal is to have lost 3 stone with slimming world by then...I'm a bit confused as to this minimins thing too, so any help on using it would be gratefully appreciated! i noticed you've got your stickers on the bottom of your signature and a ticker! that's so cool!

:)

So what days do you do-ee?
What do you find yourself eating in a typical day?
Sorry i'm dead nosey about people's food habits, i'm obsessed with nutrition,etc always have been lol x

I'm doing extra easy. I always use my healthy extra for my breakfast, which is usually weetabix. Lunch is some cold meat and fruit.(I always eat the fruit first) after school run I sometimes have a mugshot, or sugar free jelly. Dinner is varied as I trying to make recipes for the whole family. I try and save my syns for nighttime and I have a small milkybar and a Packet of snackajacks. Supper is a fat free yoghurt. I try to fit in some fruit throughout the day too.

im sure your husband will definitely notice a difference. I think when you see someone day to day it's hard to see gradual changes.

I already feel better, my clothes are looser. I can't wait to start going down dress sizes.

To make your own ticker go here

Weight Loss - Diet Ticker

once you make it copy the code it gives you, then click on edit my signature under your posts, and paste the code into the box. Hope that makes sense

Hi Kate,

Welcome, this is a great site with loads of support. I only joined myself a few days ago. I had a baby five months ago and have taken this long to motivate myself to get any of the extra weight I carry off. Despite exclusively breast feeding (I still am) the weight has stuck. Problem the very large of rubbish I consumed on a daily basis ;)

i do extra easy and so far am spending most of my marvelling at how full I feel. However, I know it is early days and that there are days where I will be badly tempted to come. Sounds like you are doing really well. Must be so hard for you with your dh away especially with a wee one to look after. Huge admiration for you that you are pushing in to deal with the weight

Hi katebelle,

congrats on your babs & we'll done on the weight loss so far.

i'm fairly new round here too & need all the motivation & support available .

Anyhooooo, like you I've battled with weight as long as I can remember, then got down to 10st something & maintained for years. I have 3 kids. Youngest is 2&1/2 & although I got back to 11st after her......I kind of lost the plot with food when she was 1 or so & now here I am hovering around 13st & miserable. I've been stuck in that cycle of bingeing & feeling so down because of it.

pretty sure I'm a food to some degree, so I find strict regulation best. By that , I mean, making myself sit down 3 tines a day for 3 healthy meals. I also find if a case of "keeping the wolf from the door', by not letting myself get hungry or not letting myself feel majorly deprived......that could just send me on a big "fukit " binge. But it's a very very fine balance .

anyways. I'll look out for your posts. Like you I'm trying to make some pals on here.

Jennjenn I am going to steal your goals where you count down BMI, great idea :)

I thought it was a good idea, that way I have reached a goal every 3 or 4 pounds :)

Hi & welcome to the forum, once you've found your way around you'll see it is such a wonderful site, so many people here to support you.

I'd suggest having a look at some diaries & perhaps subscribing to them, then you'll get ideas about what people have on a regular day and how they manage day to day. You need a few more posts before you can subscribe to my diary but there are still loads you can look at.;)

How are you doing today? I've already been for a walk with the baby and just had melon and kiwi for lunch.

Hi Kate - I am also a mummy losing weight - although my 'little one' is 17 months old now! I am also thinking of becoming a SW consultant in Summer/Autumn if I can lose the weight by then!

I have a food diary if you are looking for some ideas! :) be nice to see you in there if you wanted to subscribe xx

Hi ladies, I've subscribed to this thread, I'm starting again tomorrow, I've fallen off the wagon a few times, haven't we all!! Lost a stone in 2012 then gave it up, joined again and lost about nine pounds and then bloody gave up again and the nine went back up. I'm starting tomorrow at 15.4lbs! Had my gallbladder removed last summer and my stomach isn't great with fatty foods anymore so it's about time my health came first. I do EE, it suits me best.

Hope you all have a good week xx

Back