new to primal - what was your initial weight loss like?

Discussion in 'Paleo / Primal Diet' started by Trayjkay, 23 April 2014 Social URL.

1. Trayjkay

Trayjkay Member

I have been following the primal diet (Dr John Briffa Escape the diet trap version) for a week now. Whilst on holiday I might add, bread appears at every meal here in portugal, but I havent touched a crumb of it! Done lots of activity including a 15 mike bike ride, 1km swim, 3 weights session's, 2 x 3 mile hilly walks so am hoping when I weigh back ome I have lost lbs or at least inches.

How was weight loss at first for everyone?? Fast? slow? Also if you hit plateaus what got you losing again? I am 46 yr old female weighing 200lb and 5ft 8 inch medium build, fairly fit and active but carry weight on my middle so determined tha by giving up all those items I am intolerant to I may lose weight this time!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Trayjkay

Trayjkay Member

Well first weigh in after a week is 6lb lost, which is great, mostly water I know after giving up carbs but really enjoying the diet. Right!! out of bed and off to the gym I go, got some bodypumping to do!!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

4. Trayjkay

Trayjkay Member

Another 3 lb off now thats 9lb now!

5. Trayjkay

Trayjkay Member

Now up to 13lb loss in under 4 weeks yippeeeeeeee

6. Mis-behave

Mis-behave Gold Member

Start Weight:
    99.8kg
    Current Weight:
    44.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    69.9kg
    Lost(%):
    8st10.8lb(55.82%)
    Diet:
    Primal eating
    Wonderful news !

7. Whole Lotta Rosie

Whole Lotta Rosie Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(9.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's brilliant!!! Keep going. You're starting stats are similar to mine ?

8. kirstyb393

kirstyb393 Full Member

Fantastic- what is your daily menu like

9. Rexy99

Rexy99 Member

I lost 7 Ibs in the first week and to be honest I stopped weighing myself after that. I just know my clothes feel a bit loose and a couple of people have commented, whihc is great as that spurs you on. I haven't had chance to do as much exercise though in the last few weeks so not sure if that will make a difference. I feel like I'm not craving biscuits etc as much now too.

10. telly-tots

telly-tots Member

Sounds like you have had a great start, well done x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.