1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

new to primal - what was your initial weight loss like?

Discussion in 'Paleo / Primal Diet' started by Trayjkay, 23 April 2014 Social URL.

1. Trayjkay

Trayjkay Member

I have been following the primal diet (Dr John Briffa Escape the diet trap version) for a week now. Whilst on holiday I might add, bread appears at every meal here in portugal, but I havent touched a crumb of it! Done lots of activity including a 15 mike bike ride, 1km swim, 3 weights session's, 2 x 3 mile hilly walks so am hoping when I weigh back ome I have lost lbs or at least inches.

How was weight loss at first for everyone?? Fast? slow? Also if you hit plateaus what got you losing again? I am 46 yr old female weighing 200lb and 5ft 8 inch medium build, fairly fit and active but carry weight on my middle so determined tha by giving up all those items I am intolerant to I may lose weight this time!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Trayjkay

Trayjkay Member

Well first weigh in after a week is 6lb lost, which is great, mostly water I know after giving up carbs but really enjoying the diet. Right!! out of bed and off to the gym I go, got some bodypumping to do!!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

4. Trayjkay

Trayjkay Member

Another 3 lb off now thats 9lb now!

5. Trayjkay

Trayjkay Member

Now up to 13lb loss in under 4 weeks yippeeeeeeee

6. Mis-behave

Mis-behave Well-Known Member

Wonderful news !

7. That's brilliant!!! Keep going. You're starting stats are similar to mine ?

8. kirstyb393

kirstyb393 Well-Known Member

Fantastic- what is your daily menu like

9. Rexy99

Rexy99 Member

I lost 7 Ibs in the first week and to be honest I stopped weighing myself after that. I just know my clothes feel a bit loose and a couple of people have commented, whihc is great as that spurs you on. I haven't had chance to do as much exercise though in the last few weeks so not sure if that will make a difference. I feel like I'm not craving biscuits etc as much now too.

10. telly-tots

telly-tots Active Member

Sounds like you have had a great start, well done x