New to slimming world, advice appreciated :)

LornaElizabeth

Hello all,
I am new to slimming world and started on Monday. I am not going to the groups and am doing it on my own, this unfortunately leaves me with some questions that the book doesnt always awnser.
The first thing i have noticed is that i am eating more than what i was before and that makes me feel as though it may not be succsesful, however before slimming world i was eating lots of bread, butter, biscuits and crisps. Instead of having breakfast i would have crisps etc.
As yet i havent synd at all, it is only day three though!
A few niggling questions.... on a green day are ricenoodles free?
I have heard that mug shots are free foods on green days is this true?

It confuses me slightly as prior to slimming world i was under the impression that carbohydrates do not aid in weight loss and therefore eating lots of potatos and pasta is so new to me!!

I much prefer the green days, can you do one week green one week red or do you have to daily alternate?
Im of to the cinema tonight and it is going to be difficult not getting lovely popcorn!

Sorry if this seems very bitty but all new to me and a few little questions.
Thanks Lorna x

Hiya, welcome along :)

The dried rice noodles are free on green and ee days, not the 'wet' ones as they have oil in them to keep them moist.

The mugshots that say 1% fat are free, the others have syns but, to be honest, they are not as nice as the free ones but aint that many syns anyway, normally between 0.5 and 2.5 on green and ee days.

You can most certianly do an all green week and an all red week if you like, just do what is easiest for you :)

Hopefully this has answered a few questions for you, enjoy the cinema tonight :)

oops i had wet rice-noodles oh well its all a learning process, do you know how many syns that would be?
Thanks for the advice all, do you know where i find out about syns on the net or would i have to pay?x

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Noodles, pre-prepared/ready to use 28g boiled
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 2½ Syns
green.gif
Green ½ Syn
[/FONT]

Back