New to slimming world and minimins so Hi everyone :D

Hello everyone,

I have never done slimming world and have come away tonight very overwhelmed, i do hope i get the hang of it!

Have been a lurker on minimins in the past so now I am joining hoping this will give me the extra boost I need.

I have had a huge change in my life so thought it was the perfect opportunity to get my health back and get my confidence back. Need to lose 2stone 10lb then I will be a very happy bunny :)

If anyone has any advice for me I would be very grateful and I look forward to getting to know everyone :)

Welcome craftypants,

My advice is to read the getting started threads as they contain lots of useful info, but in a (small) nutshell, my advice is:

1. Plan everything. Less chance of falling off the SW perch
2. Drink plenty
3. Eat plenty of superfree no matter what plan you are on and eat free food until you are full but not stuffed
4. Use your syns - they are there to make the plan sustainable and help you stick to it
5. Choose the plan that most suits you, not what you think will help you lose the fastest. The plan likely to be the most successful is the one that you stick to in the longer term.
6. Enjoy - sounds stupid but actually, losing weight is a great thing and SW allows you to eat good food and still lose weight.

Good luck.

Gail x

good luck newbies, its a fab plan , my advice is:

don't worry if your losses are big or small and don't compare your losses to others

remember its a life time eating plan so don't expect quick fixes, enjoy the journey

make mini goals so you can celebrate each achievement

good luck and welcome xx

Welcome craftypants,

My advice is to read the getting started threads as they contain lots of useful info, but in a (small) nutshell, my advice is:

1. Plan everything. Less chance of falling off the SW perch
2. Drink plenty
3. Eat plenty of superfree no matter what plan you are on and eat free food until you are full but not stuffed
4. Use your syns - they are there to make the plan sustainable and help you stick to it
5. Choose the plan that most suits you, not what you think will help you lose the fastest. The plan likely to be the most successful is the one that you stick to in the longer term.
6. Enjoy - sounds stupid but actually, losing weight is a great thing and SW allows you to eat good food and still lose weight.

Good luck.

Gail x

Couldn't put it better myself!

Minimins is great & everyone is incredibly supportive. Everyday I find more & more tips from all the lovely ladies on here. Keep us posted with how you're getting on :)

Back