New to Slimming World - I joined online :)

Welcome Caroline!

I am from Ireland as well. County Louth actually. What county are you in?

I was like you - gyming it and eating healthy enough but I just couldn't shift any weight. Since I joined sw and together with the gym I am losing a steady 2-3lbs a week. I limit my syns to around 8 a day. I have 14lbs left to get to my target. I was almost at target last year and then fell off the sw wagon (kicking myself). Now I know sw is the way forward :)

For breakfast why not try a cereal like bran flakes or all bran (heb) with one of the fruit mullerlights poured on top instead of milk. I do this when I don't want to use my hea as I drink lots of tea. Or have a bacon or sausage sandwich using your heb. Mallon's lighter moments low fat and gluten free sausages in Dunnes Stores are now free on sw and are tasty. I also buy the Dunnes stores bacon medallions as all the fat is trimmed of them already.

Good luck with it :)

Siobhan x

ah we dont have ASDA down here :( I had to go up North last year to go shopping there, wish we had one here

Hey Siobhan, that gives me great hope. I will be starting in the morning as i have to go to Aldi now in a few mins to stock up and also try run into tescos to stock up on Muller lights lol I am in Dublin. You are doing brill keep up the good work. I am only online at the weekends so I will be talking to you all nxt week to see how i get on xxxx

Girls, I just want to make sure I am doing this right so if you all could check this please

Breakfast

Banana - free
Mullerlight lemon cheesecake 1 syn
(Unfortunately I picked up these thinking they were free but aren't lol they are nice tho)
2 oranges - free

Latte as I can't live without it
350ml Healthy options A used
100 ml skimmed milk 2 Syns

Lunch
Salad with
Chicken
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Peppers
Red onion
Spring onion
All free
With balsamic vinegar
All free

Mullerlight New York Style Cheesecake 1 syn
Orange free

So far that's 4 syns.

Dinner ;
Cottage pie with turnip topping

Onions - free
Lean mince meat - free
Sweetcorn - free
Mushrooms - free

Ok I put gravy granules in about 2 tablespoons I though it was free but it isn't ?? It's that 5 syns per tablespoon :(

No flake tonight if gravy granules isn't free boooo :(

Last edited:
Breakfast 730 am

Banana - free

1100 break
Mullerlight cheesecake 1 syn
2 oranges

1230 - my cottage pie with turnip topping from last night all free

Its looking good

I had extra lean mince and tins tomatoes and spices and made spag Bol with wholemeal spag but my friend came over I gave her a plate and mine feel on ground ha ha ha so had totake some of hers lol I only used 4 syns today

Hi Caroline! Good Luck wirh your journey x I have just joined Slimming World Online too!! :) I have no idea what i will eat tomorrow but seems frm tomorrow i need to start planning x I have about 4 & half stone to lose! Hope we both get there x

Hi Caroline! Good Luck wirh your journey x I have just joined Slimming World Online too!! :) I have no idea what i will eat tomorrow but seems frm tomorrow i need to start planning x I have about 4 & half stone to lose! Hope we both get there x

Hey deadly I have the same to lose. We will do this together. It's all about planning. Get loads fruit and veg in and MullerLight yogurts and u will b flying. I jumped on scales last night it said I lost 4 pound already ?? I only started Monday and this is coming from the girl who couldn't lose a pound in the gym doing 3/4 days a week from jan to April. Do a big shop and u will start off good. My weigh in online is fri morn cause I joined on the fri but I started Monday as I had nothing in until Sunday eve :) so far so good but I've a long way to go. I will take it day by day best of luck. X x

Breakfast

Skimmed milk latte - HE B
100ml skimmed milk - 2 syns

Hey ladies just to say I have just done my first week although not online.
Weigh in was last night and I lost 3.5lb which totally amazed me as I was eating all the time (carbs too,.... yeeAy) and I was full most of time.

Another lady who joined at the same time as me lost 5 lb last night.

So keep with it, it's amazing.

Weigh in was last night and I lost 3.5lb which totally amazed me as I was eating all the time (carbs too,.... yeeAy) and I was full most of time.

Great Stuff! :)

Oh my god well done :) yahoooo this could be the plan that suits us :) well done

Hi Caroline, I just started online today too, nice to have someone to follow on this.
Just a question with regards to syns, haven't used any so far today but would like something later on, what could I have this evening as a snack instead of chocolate or crisps?? Thanks

Hi Caroline, I just started online today too, nice to have someone to follow on this.
Just a question with regards to syns, haven't used any so far today but would like something later on, what could I have this evening as a snack instead of chocolate or crisps?? Thanks

Download the Slimming World app it's brill. It tells u all syns :) keep me up dated. X x

Back