New to Slimming World! Which Plan is Best? Red, Green or Extra Easy?

RaineFalls

Hello there! :D

I'm new to Slimming World (just started today!). I haven't gone to meetings or anything because I just don't have the money to spend on signing up and attending meetings every week at the moment. I know I'm being cheap, but my boyfriend's mother gave me her Slimming World books so I have all the information there so I don't feel I have to attend.

I get the gist of all of these plans. Today I decided to have a 'red' day, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

In your opinion, what is the best (fastest) plan?

Red, Green or Extra Easy?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Prob red because of the limited carbs :)

They all work, you just need to find the one that works best for you and fits with your lifestyle. I never did well on red as I was always starving so I do green all the time and it's working just fine :)

Depends on your body, personally green is a no go too many carbs, ee v slow lb/0.5lb a week red 9lbs in 4 weeks but my body doesn't suit carbs so red is perfect for me, but other people get good losses on the other plans. Bit of experimentation the only way to know for you xx

I'm SW "old skool" so have never really learned EE. I used to be a carboholic so did mostly green days, then read on here how they cause bloating and sluggishness so I decided to try a run of red days and couldn't believe the difference in how flat my tummy was and how much more energetic I felt! But like everyone else says, you have to work out what is good for you. Why not try a few of each types of day and see which one you like the most. Good luck! :)

Thank you for your replies!

I think I'll stick to red this week and see how it works out. I hope having extra carbs (low fat bachelor's noodles) as my syns don't disrupt anything. I still don't really know how this plan works and how one can eat lots of carbs and lose weight, but maybe I've just been programmed that way. Haha.

How exactly does this work? It can't be a calorie restriction?

I'm an extra easy lover. It really is extra easy and it works. But everyone's body is different so give them all a try & see what works for you x

Thank you for your replies!

I think I'll stick to red this week and see how it works out. I hope having extra carbs (low fat bachelor's noodles) as my syns don't disrupt anything. I still don't really know how this plan works and how one can eat lots of carbs and lose weight, but maybe I've just been programmed that way. Haha.

How exactly does this work? It can't be a calorie restriction?

If you are having supernoodles on a red day they are loads of syns! From memory, about 11 a pack at least!!!

I would suggest going to group, the books don't help you lose weight - the support at group does. If you haven't done it before then group is the best place to go. P

in answer to the question, all plans work equally as well, it's about what fits in with your life. The vast majority if members follow extra easy now.

Ahhh! I read somewhere that the low fat ones were free on all plans! :sigh:

Today I lost 2lb which I'm REALLY pleased about, so I'm going to give it a week and if all goes well then I'll probably join a group to get the up to date books and everything I need :D I heard you can get it free off your GP? I know it's not that expensive, but I'm already spending quite a bit more money than I usually do on meat and free foods every week.

Red seems to be going well for me at the moment but I may do Extra Easy during weekends (if you can do that?)

I think it depends on your preferences and how you feel in yourself on the different plans. Personally, I'm an old school slimming worlder and always stick to either red or green days. Never really went for EE as I find the other plans work the best for me. As for which one is better, I find my weight loss is higher when I do red days but I'm not a big fan of meat so I tend to do mostly green days. As an example, so far I've found that I've been losing 2-3lbs per week when I do all green days and about 4lbs a week when I throw one or two red days into the mix (assuming I don't have any off days and cheat! ;) ). 2-3lbs per week is more than fine for me though so I just stick with what I prefer rather than forcing myself to eat meat that I don't really want. I'm a complete carbaholic :)

I do a combination of all 3 plans. Doesn't seem to make any difference to my weight loss - still only 0.5 - lb per week!

I just find mixing them up gives me much more variety in the food I eat.

Denise

Extra easy is the best for me & lose the most on. Biggest loss was 14.5lb in 1 week doing EE plan. ... I lost 8.5lb my first ever week on SW with EE also. Everyone is different x

Back