New To Slimming World

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Going To Be Slim, 4 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Going To Be Slim

Going To Be Slim New Member

Hello

I am new, and I am trying to do Slimming world on my own, I have about 2st to lose.
    I need all the help I can get, I am ok in the day when I am at work, but it's when I get home in the evening that I struggle.
    I am hoping that I can get some help from here.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emily87

emily87 Onwards and downwards!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(29.02%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Welcome to Minimins and Slimming world!! Everyone on here is so friendly and helpful.

I am exactly the same, fine at work during the day, then as soon as I get home (and on the weekends) I just want to raid the cupboards eat all sorts of bad things. It gets easier to resist once you have been on plan for a while, but I have to admit the first couple of weeks were quite challenging. All worth it though and I'm sure you will see those pounds melt away in no time :D

Good luck on your weightloss journey hun xx

4. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    Hi and welcome to Minimins and SW.
    Everyone here is great :)
    I did SW at home on my own, lost 32lbs in 16 weeks ( 2st 4lbs) The 1st weeks are the hardest, with withdrawal symptoms from any of your previous foods ( for me i had major sugar withdrawal) Get some good recipes and and make substantial meals ( lunch and dinner) so you have filled up on healthy food, then you can use your syns on some treats.
    I have found that going cold turkey on sugar and chocolate has worked the best. Because when i have had days where i have allowed myself, say chocolate, the craving for it comes back and its hard to get off all over again. There are lots of SW friendly puddings to satisfy a sweet tooth :)

Good luck

5. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    welcome hon, you will find minimins is a fab place to come to, everyone is really lovely and supportive

6. Going To Be Slim

Going To Be Slim New Member

Thank you all, you all seem very friendly. I hope that I can stick to the plan, but I always seems to give it at night and then I just think "oh stuff it" and when the next morning comes I try again I feel that I am just going round in circles. Hopefully by joing minmins I will be able to be able to finally lose my weight.
    I have manged to be good for a day now, one day at a time.

7. Wendyswoo

Wendyswoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hiya

I'm new to SW as well. Only joined last week and have my first weigh in on Thursday:rolleyes:
    Everyone's been so friendly on here and very very helpful xx

8. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Try to find something to do in the evenings which involves using your hands - knitting, typing, sewing, whatever. Something that means you won't have time to go and eat something.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.