New To Slimming World

Hello

I am new, and I am trying to do Slimming world on my own, I have about 2st to lose.
I need all the help I can get, I am ok in the day when I am at work, but it's when I get home in the evening that I struggle.
I am hoping that I can get some help from here.

Welcome to Minimins and Slimming world!! Everyone on here is so friendly and helpful.

I am exactly the same, fine at work during the day, then as soon as I get home (and on the weekends) I just want to raid the cupboards eat all sorts of bad things. It gets easier to resist once you have been on plan for a while, but I have to admit the first couple of weeks were quite challenging. All worth it though and I'm sure you will see those pounds melt away in no time :D

Good luck on your weightloss journey hun xx

Hi and welcome to Minimins and SW.
Everyone here is great :)
I did SW at home on my own, lost 32lbs in 16 weeks ( 2st 4lbs) The 1st weeks are the hardest, with withdrawal symptoms from any of your previous foods ( for me i had major sugar withdrawal) Get some good recipes and and make substantial meals ( lunch and dinner) so you have filled up on healthy food, then you can use your syns on some treats.
I have found that going cold turkey on sugar and chocolate has worked the best. Because when i have had days where i have allowed myself, say chocolate, the craving for it comes back and its hard to get off all over again. There are lots of SW friendly puddings to satisfy a sweet tooth :)

Good luck

welcome hon, you will find minimins is a fab place to come to, everyone is really lovely and supportive

Thank you all, you all seem very friendly. I hope that I can stick to the plan, but I always seems to give it at night and then I just think "oh stuff it" and when the next morning comes I try again I feel that I am just going round in circles. Hopefully by joing minmins I will be able to be able to finally lose my weight.
I have manged to be good for a day now, one day at a time.

Hiya

I'm new to SW as well. Only joined last week and have my first weigh in on Thursday:rolleyes:
Everyone's been so friendly on here and very very helpful xx

Try to find something to do in the evenings which involves using your hands - knitting, typing, sewing, whatever. Something that means you won't have time to go and eat something.

Back