New to Slimming world

slim-my-hips

Hi, I'm new to Slimming world and starting tomorrow :)

Doing it from home, will be writing a diary so feel free to pop in and correct my mess up's!

Does anyone have any tips?

Hi, welcome! :)

The biggest tip I've got is the thing that's helped keep me losing....always, always have a 1/3 superfree with EVERY meal. It's the one thing that's stopped me overeating on pasta/potatoes/rice.

I'm sure there's loads of other tips on this fabulous site :)

Hi, welcome! :)

The biggest tip I've got is the thing that's helped keep me losing....always, always have a 1/3 superfree with EVERY meal. It's the one thing that's stopped me overeating on pasta/potatoes/rice.

I'm sure there's loads of other tips on this fabulous site :)

Just to check superfree is fruit and veg right? lol

Mostly yes, I think peas and sweetcorn are only free, not superfree. Off the top of my head I can't think of any others...but yes, stick to fruit and veg and you're on the right track :)

Hello

I started SW on Monday. I find it easier to plan a day in advance so you can think about the superfree food you need to fit into each meal. Good luck with your weight loss journey!

yeah I do have the most up to date books :)

Thanks hun that's really helpful :D I went shopping last night and I did buy the right stuff! hehe looking forward to a lighter day ahead!!!

Thanks for all the hints and tips!

I was doing slimming world going to meetings but now i wont be able to meet the meeting. What day is going to be your weigh in id like to join you if you dont mind? My tip for slimming world would be making veg soup and snacking on that during the day im a picker so if ive a pot of that in the kitchen ill eat that instead of dirt :)

Hi Sineadsss My WI day will be Thursdays :) just about to go and WI in a sec! a bit nervous I must admit and of course I don't mind :)

I know the feeling im thinking by christmas ill be lighter im hopin for 1lb a week from now until christmas!! Im weighin in at
10 stone 1 lb

Well 1lb a week is a great weight loss! plus a really healthy loss too! I'm thinking I must be around the 21 stone mark :( Looks like I'm going to have to face the music in a little while!

slim-my-hips said:
Well 1lb a week is a great weight loss! plus a really healthy loss too! I'm thinking I must be around the 21 stone mark :( Looks like I'm going to have to face the music in a little while!

If you look in the 'through the stones to your zone' section, there is a 21 stone thread and a 20stone thread if you want to have a nosey and join us all :) i am officially in one and hopeful about getting to the other soon ;) Jo x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

You even starting slimming world is the first step everyday is a bonus make sure and drink at least 2 litres of water that helped me out a lot a glass with every meal. I used to never drink it now i love it.

You even starting slimming world is the first step everyday is a bonus make sure and drink at least 2 litres of water that helped me out a lot a glass with every meal. I used to never drink it now i love it.

I think starting is always the most difficult step and yeah I love my water! already chugging a glass!

slim-my-hips said:

Hello and welcome!
I too am in the 21st range. :-( it's a long journey but you've chosen the right plan to get there. Healthy and not being hungry at all! :) we could buddy up also if you like for motivation and kicks up the bum lol
X

Hello and welcome!
I too am in the 21st range. :-( it's a long journey but you've chosen the right plan to get there. Healthy and not being hungry at all! :) we could buddy up also if you like for motivation and kicks up the bum lol
X

Yeah it's a bit of daunting thought thinking about how much I have to lose but I'm not going to think about! Just take it one day at a time, and would love to have a buddy! I will definately need a kick up the bum through out my journey so get your butt kicking boots out and polished up! haha.

Back