New to Slimming world.

princess_valium

Hi my name is Sarah and I have just started Slimming world today. I have been doing quite well today but it is usually night times where I struggle so fingers crossed I can keep it together tonight and not pig out.

Hey Sarah. I'm new too and doing the slimming world plan but on my own because I don't live in the UK.

Wishing you the best of luck, stay strong and think about that satisfaction! You may well become my go to for advice out here in Asia :)

Let us know how it goes x

princess_valium said:
Hi tattle, I am doing it on my own too as I think it's too expensive when you go to the groups. How are you managing?

Hi princess. Good to know. We can support each other :) it's early days and not going to be easy. Here in Asia I'm going to have to cook everything from scratch and I'm a manager so will be hard to stay energised and organised but since deciding to actually do it I wake up in a better mood and feel more focused. I need to get fully organised for it so it becomes just part of the routine but perhaps we could share food diaries and weigh under to add more support and pressure like that of the groups? How are you doing? X

Thursday said:
hi guys. i'm doing slimming world as well.

Hi Thursday and welcome :) are you in a group? How's it going? Take a look at my message to princess, that goes for you too :) x

Hi, I've just started slimming world....again! Am doing it at home too. Following the old red plan as, I'm fat because I eat too much so extra easy doesn't work for me!! Also find it difficult to lose on green plan with all the pasta etc. Feeling really motivated ( even though it's only been 3 days)and even cut out my ritual 2 glasses of wine in the evening.

Fairygen1 said:
Hi, I've just started slimming world....again! Am doing it at home too. Following the old red plan as, I'm fat because I eat too much so extra easy doesn't work for me!! Also find it difficult to lose on green plan with all the pasta etc. Feeling really motivated ( even though it's only been 3 days)and even cut out my ritual 2 glasses of wine in the evening.

Good luck fairy! Keep us updated. We are all aiming for the same goal essentially :) x

Hi all, just wanted to say hello! Well I've been at slimming world for 5 weeks now and doing quite well, but felt I had to join this site as I have found most of the delicious recipes on here! Very glad I found this site! Xx

from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi princess. Good to know. We can support each other :) it's early days and not going to be easy. Here in Asia I'm going to have to cook everything from scratch and I'm a manager so will be hard to stay energised and organised but since deciding to actually do it I wake up in a better mood and feel more focused. I need to get fully organised for it so it becomes just part of the routine but perhaps we could share food diaries and weigh under to add more support and pressure like that of the groups? How are you doing? X

Yes we can share food diaries etc. if you want :) I am doing great thanks. My first day went well yesterday and I am doing quite well today. Hope all is going well for you :)

Hi Thursday and fairygen1, how are you two managing? Hope you are doing well. :)

hi there good luck, any help just yell :) me and my husband have lost 8 stone between us since jan (he is at target now) Im vegan but only recently, there is lots of support on here we have a doing it at home thread - I don't go to group either.

Good luck x

Hi all well I'm newish to slimming world been going 6 weeks now! Doing quite well! Loving all the recipes on this site xx

from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi all, fairly new to slimming world been going for 6 weeks now! Love this site simply for all the fantastic recipes!! Yum yum cc

never noticed you were vegan lol, ahhh brill! I cook a lot yeah, something diffirent everyday. I have a diary! couple of other vegans comment on it too!

I have just bought appetite for reduction - fabulous book! I use bbc good food website too and adapt :)

Hi, I'm another new SW one! I'm not vegan (strict veggie who hasn't quite taken the plunge yet!) but I do cook vegan a lot. My copy of Veganomicon is very well used! I keep meaning to buy Appitite for Reduction, is it easily adapted for SW?

Hi Missy1978, when you are ready to take the plunge it will be the best decision you ever made. I love being vegan, vegan food is so tasty and I feel a lot healthier since I made the switch.

Keldelacoe do you know if any chinese takeaway foor is vegan and slimming world friendly?

hi all newbie here, woo69

started slimming world

biggest weight 295lbs 21 stone jan 2012:mad:
tried dieting, every one known to man ,:sigh: atkins, calorie counting, abbs diet , gi diet, and a few other > got down from 21 stone in jan 2012, till 18.6:D end april

started slimming world , LOVE IT LOVE IT !! can eat food and still lose weight down now to 16 stone.13lbs , slimmer of the week twice , slimmer of month for june!!, GOT LOT OF WEIGHT TO LOSE!!:sigh: SO IF theres anyone who wants to talk to someone with a lot of weight to lose , we can support each other!!:)

Wow Woo that's amazing! Congratulations on your loss so far. Brilliant! I'm just starting out so good to know there's someone for advice!

Out of curiosity, on the slimming world plan do they talk about how important missing a meal or meals is? I'm curious to know how badly it affects the process. I don't do it on purpose, its just timings and all that, it sometimes...

Last edited:
Back