New to Slimming world.

Hi, I'm another new SW one! I'm not vegan (strict veggie who hasn't quite taken the plunge yet!) but I do cook vegan a lot. My copy of Veganomicon is very well used! I keep meaning to buy Appitite for Reduction, is it easily adapted for SW?
hiya yeah its a fab book (only came the other day so making my first recipe tom - tofu hosin-mustard lettce wraps) but yes vegan and low fat..few syns here and there of course for the odd drop of sauce and stuff. lot of friends using it on here and a lot are meat eaters too :)

Hi Missy1978, when you are ready to take the plunge it will be the best decision you ever made. I love being vegan, vegan food is so tasty and I feel a lot healthier since I made the switch.

Keldelacoe do you know if any chinese takeaway foor is vegan and slimming world friendly?

hiya errr not had a chinese takeaway since I became vegan, was thinking that myself though..mmmm, ill look into it :)

Hi Missy1978, when you are ready to take the plunge it will be the best decision you ever made. I love being vegan, vegan food is so tasty and I feel a lot healthier since I made the switch.

Keldelacoe do you know if any chinese takeaway foor is vegan and slimming world friendly?

Hi Princess, well done on joining SW and finding support on here. I've been vegan since Easter and agree its the best thing I ever did - most of the recipes in Appetite for Reduction are SW friendly and sooooooooo yummy!

My local Chinese cook with vegetable oil and I only go for things like vegetables in black bean sauce with boiled rice - the rice will be free and you will only need to count the sauce (5syns) - stir fried mix veg is 6½ syns, noodles are free. TBH I find chinese takeaway food too greasy now anyway.

Hi Princess, well done on joining SW and finding support on here. I've been vegan since Easter and agree its the best thing I ever did - most of the recipes in Appetite for Reduction are SW friendly and sooooooooo yummy!

My local Chinese cook with vegetable oil and I only go for things like vegetables in black bean sauce with boiled rice - the rice will be free and you will only need to count the sauce (5syns) - stir fried mix veg is 6½ syns, noodles are free. TBH I find chinese takeaway food too greasy now anyway.

Im the same, last time I just didnt enjoy it. think so many ppl find this once they do sw and start cooking healthy :) chinese doesnt float my boat anymore. I thinking eating out and being a vegan is going to be a challege anyway lol

Thanks Kazgoa65 I will have to ask my local Chinese about the black bean sauce, hopefully it will be vegan friendly.

I have never heard of the appetite for reduction book I will have to have a look out for it.

Hullo again, watch out for the noodles many are egg based at the Chinese. If you eat pre-prepared noodles be careful of those too unless they say specifically vegetarian as many just say 'flavourings'. In addition Disodium 5'-ribonucleotides is another one to watch out for as this can be from an animal source. Always contact the company if you are unsure.

Keldelacoe said:
hiya yeah its a fab book (only came the other day so making my first recipe tom - tofu hosin-mustard lettce wraps) but yes vegan and low fat..few syns here and there of course for the odd drop of sauce and stuff. lot of friends using it on here and a lot are meat eaters too :)

Ah brilliant! Thank you, that's going on my amazon wish list now for sure ;) I've really enjoyed making some of the Veganomicon recipes SW friendly, the samosa baked potatoes being my fave so far :)

Hey Sarah, how is your first week going?????

Hello all, I started the SW plan yesterday (again!!); planning to do it on my own and if I haven't lost half a stone in a month then I'll make myself join a group. I was a group member a couple of years ago but I kinda lapsed after 2 months and now I'm back where I started :cry:

Hiya moodyspark and mumblesmolly, hope you two are doing well. I have went off track the past 2 days because of some problems at home but I am going to get back on track tomorrow and try not to feel to bad about it.

hi tattle, you need to have breakfast, WITH 1/3RD SUPERFREE, snack FRUIT OR YOGURT like (mullerlight) which is free , lunch FRUIT snack, dinner, DONT GO OVER ON syns
do you have the slimming world book? are you doing extra easy , green or original plan ??

you shouldn't miss meals, it can affect your weight loss,

Hi. I'm on swimming world. Been doing it since Feb, I'm trying to find my way around the site still but hope I can help if yout need it x

Back