New to slimming world

Hey Pootle, I always make sure I'm wearing the same clothes (the other members will probably think I only have one outfit lol) and I also eat after weighing in. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

x

Hi h-meally, petal and pootle and well done on your loss and awards h-meally :)

Thanks little, I go to group as I need a group to stay on track. I find that if I don't go to group then I tend to kid myself that I'm following sw when really I'm not which resulted in a ridiculous 6st gain last time I tried to follow the plan at home!

I weigh at 7pm. I usually have a good breakfast after I've dropped the kids at school and that keeps me going until after group but like pootle said, as long as you do the same each week then it shouldn't make any difference.

It's funny the things we do for weigh-in. I always have a couple of mugs of peppermint tea on weigh day and the day before, wear roughly the same clothes and there's always a queue for the ladies on the way into group just incase a full bladder could mean the difference between a lb or half lb loss! lmao :-D xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I always wear same clothes and go to ladies as well lol

Had such a bad week, with birthdays, get togethers and then halloween :-( Not looking forward to monday Weigh in.

Lol - I have a routine that absolutely must follow before weigh in! It's funny bit if i didn't do it and gained I'd blame the fact that i hadn't followed what I'd done every other week! Maybe I'm crazy :rolleyes:

Hey Beckymoo!

Just put last week behind you and start over again!

Good luck xx

I'm glad I'm not the only crazy one :-D although I think I might have to start eating a normal breakfast and have lunch on a Tuesday when I go back to work next week.

I agree with little, beckymoo. Just draw a line under your week and start again. We all have bad days/weeks. Good luck for tomorrow xx

I just had a terrible two weeks :-(

Had minor surgery on my abdo area two weeks ago and between bloating, tiredness and no exercise I didn't have a great week! Then my hubby was in hosp for a few days!! Then I had visitors for a week!! Meals out, drinking, desserts, you name it we had it!!

And of course I'm almost 4lbs up as a result!! Bummer!!!! But expected!!

So now it's Sunday night and I'm hoping to get back on track tomo!!! I have exactly 6 weeks left until I fly home for Christmas!! Really need to dig deep and get motivated!!!

Congrats on all your weight losses!! Hopefully Friday morning will bring a good weigh in!! Fingers and toes crossed!!

xx

re I have just joined too

Hey I joined slimming world two days ago on Halloween start weight 13 stone 2 lbs the heaviest ive been even with children . but I have taken the step ye finding it hard cos I have to plan much more but thats good too . I made enough stew for two days and soups as well . trying to work superfoods on all time seems hard but say as I go on i will get easier . my cholesterol is high . I am 42_with 3 kids and hoping to lose just over three stone and reduce my cholesterol but here's to the first pound !!

Hey I joined slimming world two days ago on Halloween start weight 13 stone 2 lbs the heaviest ive been even with children . but I have taken the step ye finding it hard cos I have to plan much more but thats good too . I made enough stew for two days and soups as well . trying to work superfoods on all time seems hard but say as I go on i will get easier . my cholesterol is high . I am 42_with 3 kids and hoping to lose just over three stone and reduce my cholesterol but here's to the first pound !!

Welcome aboard xx we are all here to help support each other xx

Hi Anna!

Well done for taking the plunge and joining, we have all been in the same position :)

I started 8 weeks ago at 12st 12lb and have lost just over a stone in weight, more so I've really enjoyed every group session and met some lovely people. I'm aiming to lose 4st in total and set myself mini goals rather than looking at the bigger end target. I find it helps keep me focused.

Good luck with your first week.

x

Hope you and the hubby are feeling better now ailibop. It sounds like you've had a really rough time :-( . Good luck for this week and fingers crossed for a fab loss on Friday!

Hey Anna and welcome to the forum :) . Soups are great to have in the freezer for a quick meal. I usually batch cook different ones and freeze although I've got a bit lax just lately so need to make more lol. I try to make meals with superfree included (bolognese, curries, chilli) although I do love salad. Good luck on your sw journey xx

Hey guys I just joined slimming world last week just wondered if there was anyone in the same boat I plan to do the ee plan but still trying to get my head around everything I lost 3lbs in the last week I think it's been a fluke really while trying to adjust to it xxxx

I started last Monday and had my first weigh in today too! I've lost 1.5lbs....disappointed it wasn't more but loss is loss :bliss:

Caramel , i try to think of it this way, if i Didnt do sw i Prob would be gaining weight each week, instead im losing. Even if its only half Pound, its half a Pound in the right direction :)
1.5lbs is a good lose, i know How u feel do, i expected to nearly lose half a Stone my first week. But I put the weight on gradually so im going lose it gradually.

Hey Pootle, I always make sure I'm wearing the same clothes (the other members will probably think I only have one outfit lol) and I also eat after weighing in. Glad to hear I'm not the only one! x
I do this too! I also wear no earrings to WI, every lil helps lol!

Caramel , i try to think of it this way, if i Didnt do sw i Prob would be gaining weight each week, instead im losing. Even if its only half Pound, its half a Pound in the right direction :)
1.5lbs is a good lose, i know How u feel do, i expected to nearly lose half a Stone my first week. But I put the weight on gradually so im going lose it gradually.

Thanks Beckymoo! So true, I always have unrealistic expectations but I've never kept to a diet for more than one day before! Anything that isn't challenging isn't worth doing :)

Hi Everyone!

After a fairly good weekend I've not had the best two days, Yesterday was a planned Indian meal out (lamb rogan 6 syns, Mushroom rice 4 syns, popadum 4 syns, mango chutney 2 syns) with friends so I calculated 20 syns for that including the two fish fingers I scoffed whilst I was waiting to leave :( I'm ok with that though, well not the fish fingers buy hey ho) today I was on a course and lunch was provided, this wasn't good, I ended up eating 4 sandwich quarters, a piece of chocolate cake, some lovely fresh fruit and 2 lattes, the downside has been the terrible tummy pains I've suffered after eating the bread, it's been awful and I now look about 7 months pregnant as I'm so bloated, tomorrow I'm going to stick to fruit only and try and have some kind of detox.

Not feeling too hopeful for Thursday's weigh in!

x

Does anyone here save syns? Cos I do and find it works for me! Xx

Hey all! Well done with losses this week. I lost 3.5lbs last week. This week probably hasn't gone as well, first class on Virgin train to London I ate the whole snack pack and half a Pret BLT. Quite a few drinks and then half a 'Cheesemas' burger at Byron with my friend as we had free tickets. I started to get back on track but have been struck down with a throat infection so we'll see how it goes. I'm not sure if I'm going to go to weigh in this week as I may still not be well enough but we'll see. Good luck with the weigh in people!

I started last Monday and had my first weigh in today too! I've lost 1.5lbs....disappointed it wasn't more but loss is loss :bliss:

Hiya caramel and well done on your loss. Don't be disappointed, you're going in the right direction :)
Hello everyone! I'm still running around like headless chicken between working, visiting gran and decorating (not best idea to do 3 rooms at once cos kitchen has been out of bounds storing everything!) actually starting to forget what plan looks like... I have been sticking to porridge for breakfast with banana. Salad or soup for lunch. But then after that it all goes downhill so today I'm off and headed to butchers for meat pack and then shops for fruit veg etc. Gonna sit and read my book before I go to remind me of everything. Think need to switch up breakfast. Getting bot bloated and constipated so feeling yuck. I'm up 2lbs so not too drastic. But can feel my body return to sluggish. Well done on all the loses! I think I should really return to a class. X

I really can't stay on track without a group. I have no self control! Lmao :-D Good luck with staying on track this week.

Hi Everyone! After a fairly good weekend I've not had the best two days, Yesterday was a planned Indian meal out (lamb rogan 6 syns, Mushroom rice 4 syns, popadum 4 syns, mango chutney 2 syns) with friends so I calculated 20 syns for that including the two fish fingers I scoffed whilst I was waiting to leave :( I'm ok with that though, well not the fish fingers buy hey ho) today I was on a course and lunch was provided, this wasn't good, I ended up eating 4 sandwich quarters, a piece of chocolate cake, some lovely fresh fruit and 2 lattes, the downside has been the terrible tummy pains I've suffered after eating the bread, it's been awful and I now look about 7 months pregnant as I'm so bloated, tomorrow I'm going to stick to fruit only and try and have some kind of detox. Not feeling too hopeful for Thursday's weigh in! x

Good luck for weigh-in. 2 meals off plan shouldn't do too much damage.

Does anyone here save syns? Cos I do and find it works for me! Xx

I've tried weekly syns which I'm assuming would be similar but it didn't work for me. I ended up having my first gain :-/

Oh an Indian curry sounds delishhh... Might have one of those later in the week. I will try find myself a low syn version Lol. Weighed in yday and was 11s13 again. I can't get below this!! Happy to be back there after 2lbs gain but really want to drop below :( got all my shopping in yesterday so should be easier to stay on plan. No 'goodies' lol. X

Indian can be sw friendly depending on what you order.

Well done on your loss :) Hope you manage to get below 11.13 next week. Do you keep a food diary? Or do you know what's stopping you getting under it?

Hey all! Well done with losses this week. I lost 3.5lbs last week. This week probably hasn't gone as well, first class on Virgin train to London I ate the whole snack pack and half a Pret BLT. Quite a few drinks and then half a 'Cheesemas' burger at Byron with my friend as we had free tickets. I started to get back on track but have been struck down with a throat infection so we'll see how it goes. I'm not sure if I'm going to go to weigh in this week as I may still not be well enough but we'll see. Good luck with the weigh in people!

Well done on your loss :) hope you're feeling better and manage to make it to weigh-in.

I lost 2.5lbs last night which surprised me after a bad week lol xx

Back