New to Slimming World

Wozzachops

Hi everyone just starting out this week...started on he extra easy as I've just such a big appetite so feels like I'm not dieting...I do have a night out planned so help with syns and alcoholic drinks would be great x

Hi there. You can definitely have a decent night out and still lose with SW. What do you normally have? What do you like? Lager (10s/pint and more if premium lager) and wine (red is 7.5/250ml glass) soon add up but you can make your daily allowance go quite far if you stick to spirits with a diet mixer - its 2.5s for a pub single 25ml measure of vodka. I track my syns weekly not daily. So allow myself up to 105 over the week. Means I can use extra for weekends and less in the week. It works for me but isn't recommended by SW. You have to be prepared to use less syns the other days and that can leave you feeling deprived and make you more likely to fail.

Interesting I've just asked a similar question - is it OK to have the odd night off, particularly when drinking? My favourite drink is Corona, and Cider, not sure what they are on the syn scale. I did have syn free chips, lean rump steak (no fat) the other night and a bottle of bud. Think that was 4 syns. That felt good considering SW is a diet :)

Id be worried about having nights off - and I don't think you need to. Just takes a bit of advance planning. When I'm losing well I track everything, even if I've gone over. Keeps me focused on what I eat and keeps me accountable (to myself) for my decisions. And I don't feel like I have to get "back on it".

There's "flexible syns" where you allow yourself to go over. I've never used them but I think you're supposed to decide in advance what you'll have and not go over that so you stay in control and be prepared to have a slower loss (or a gain) that week.

I hope you do. Seen your other thread. SW is so good. It takes planning is my main tip but there's loads of info and ideas on here to help. Good luck.

Thanks ladies this site has been brill and just your support alone has helped. I've eaten 15 syns a day and feel guilty! I'm really worried about getting on the scales Saturday particularly after a night out. But hey Ho. ...I will be having 2 syn free days today and tomorrow in advance. Lots of eggs and use my milk allowance to line the old stomac! Also I've not drunk for such a long time having not long had my second that I doubt it will take much! I think I'm going to treat myself to a bottle of bubbly and sip it throughout the evening. This will let me see what I'm drinking and although expensive for a bottle cheaper than rounds and shots! :D

Well I've filled my boots with salad beans rice cous cous and fruit. Blimey....beans beans good for the heart...my other half is starting to complain! Lol! Only 6 syns today in and effort to work hard for drinking night tomorrow night :bolt:

3 lbs off whoop whoop! I've had a bug since sat afternoon so sozza about late reply. Going to try success express for a few days see if I can get into the 12 bracket ;)

Back