New to slimming world

Shauna Newbold

So I'm new to slimming world, currently weigh 9 stone at a height of 5"2 and hoping to lose around a stone to be comfortable with my weight.

I am just curious as to how important it is that you make sure to have all three meals each day? Is it bad to skip breakfast if you're in a rush in the morning, or if you're busy in the evening to skip dinner?

Welcome in! :D

From personal experience, skipping meals while doing SW slows your weight loss. I find I lose a lot more when I'm eating regular, good size meals. :)

Thank you!

Yes I thought that might be the case. Well I missed breakfast this morning :( but i've had a syn free lunch and maybe if i have some speed foods for snacks throughout the day and a good dinner this evening it won't set me back too much?

Yep, that should be fine! :)

Hi and welcome!!

I have started new this week too, when is your first weigh in?

I really struggle to eat in the morning too so I have to make an extra effort to ensure I do. I have found egg on toast to be the easiest thing.

But if I really can't face it, I usually wait till about 10.30, and have a hi fi bar (or an equivalent cereal bar for HEXB). I am usually ready to eat by that time and find it helps reduce any potential snacking in the afternoon!

Looking forward to hearing how you are getting on!

Trina x

Hi!

it is important to maintain a regular eating pattern in terms of main meals :)

if you dont like eating in the mornings so much, why not try an Alpen cereal bar ? but as for skipping dinner, thats one you shouldnt do!

I have an underactive thyroid so i gotta wait 1 1/2 hours to eat, so by the time i get into work get settled and finished my first task, i have 2 alpens as my hexb breakfast at 10:30! its great because im less likely to look for a snack between then and lunch!

im in the same boat! im 5 ft 2, iv lost 2 stone so far and want to lose just another 1/2 stone as im unsure how thin id look at an extra stone, okay more that my bf is worried id be too frail haha

Back