New to Slimming World!

Anan

Hi there,

I'm new to Slimming World and I've found this forum really useful for lots of tips and advice, so thanks to everybody who contributes!

I have a big challenge ahead of me. I want to lose, in total 5 stone.

I've never tried Slimming World before, I've always been a Weight Watchers follower...:rolleyes:

Help with something?

While I'm a new member, I get access to lifeline online on their website, and I'm trying to figure out the Syns calculator. Say for instance something is 10 Syns, if I'm cooking it for me and my partner and we share it, does that mean I only have to count 5 Syns?

Good luck everybody with your weight loss! And if I don't post anymore messages today, have a great weekend! :p

Anna xxx

Hiya! I have a big challenge ahead of me too, but im sure we can do it!! The boards are really good for support and recipes and good little ideas, i've found them so useful.

I'm not sure about the syns calculator but I thought I would just say welcome, good luck, and hope to see you around the boards!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Awh, thanks very much! I really appreciate it. :) I'm sure we can do it too!

I'm just a little worried about my general lack of time in a day. I work long hours and sometimes I think I won't have time to spend cooking and planning my week. :( :confused:

Ahhhh, we will see what happens!

I'm loving your signiture...MUST GET SKINNY!

I must indeed! xxxx

Hi and welcome.
thats what i do for me and my other half
also like when i do a shepards pie and use a beef oxo as its one syn for the lot i dont count it!
hth.
and good luck I have 6 stone to loose!
x

yeahh, time is an issue. have a look on the ready meals thread (it should be near the top, a 'sticky'.) there are loads of low/free syn ready meals that you can just pop into the microwave! The recipe section has loadsa quick meals to make too. Have you thought about making things when you have time (say on a weekend), then freezing them? that could save time! :)

and yes, must get skinny! think thin! haha :)
xxxxxxxxxxx

yeahh, time is an issue. have a look on the ready meals thread (it should be near the top, a 'sticky'.) there are loads of low/free syn ready meals that you can just pop into the microwave! The recipe section has loadsa quick meals to make too. Have you thought about making things when you have time (say on a weekend), then freezing them? that could save time! :)

and yes, must get skinny! think thin! haha :)
xxxxxxxxxxx

Oh, thanks I didn't spot the ready meals thread! I'll go and take a look. :)

I have thought about cooking on a weekend and freezing it as well, and I'll have to get my lunches ready for work the night before I think.

Thanx for the tips!!!! xxxx

Hi and welcome.
thats what i do for me and my other half
also like when i do a shepards pie and use a beef oxo as its one syn for the lot i dont count it!
hth.
and good luck I have 6 stone to loose!
x

Thanks for that I appreciate it! I'm looking at pasta sauces in particular. I was going to see if I can make some of my own, but if it is easy enough to split the Syn value for me and my boyfriend then I'll just buy them I think and save my Syns that day to use on that.

Sounds like a plan!!!! :D

when i started sw i asked that cause at the time i had a lot of packet sauces in the cupboard and my consultant said if you are using it and cooking for 2 just syn the meal and half it if you are using half on yourself

Thanks for that I appreciate it! I'm looking at pasta sauces in particular. I was going to see if I can make some of my own, but if it is easy enough to split the Syn value for me and my boyfriend then I'll just buy them I think and save my Syns that day to use on that.

Sounds like a plan!!!! :D

no probs
have a look in my website http://swrecipestodiefor.blogspot.com/ at the recipes as there is one in there i use ALL the time for pasta. I cook one batch a week and use it throughout i have never tired of it and in fact am having it tonight.
xxx

I would say yes, half it. because if you put half the amount in the calculator on the serving amount i think it would say half.

hi their im laura, and im aiming to loose 5 stoe aswell, only started slimming world last week, goin bk to the weigh in on thursday so im hoping and praying ive lost something hehehe, good luck!!!:jelous:

Hi Anan, and welcome :) Your questions have already been answered so all I can do is wish you the best.....I'm sure you'll love SW, it is a fantastic lifestyle change! :)

K xx

hi their im laura, and im aiming to loose 5 stoe aswell, only started slimming world last week, goin bk to the weigh in on thursday so im hoping and praying ive lost something hehehe, good luck!!!:jelous:

Hi Laura, and welcome also. If you've followed the plan you will see the results on Thursday! Got my fingers and toes crossed for you (not that you'll need it!) :)

K xx

hey anan... welcome to sw and i wish you the best of luck, my goal is also 5 stone and i am 12 pounds away from it at this mo in time.. so almost there myself.. and im sure you will be in no time :)

as for halving syns.. the syn calculator gives you the syn value for the whole lot, because you type in the carbs, protien fat and kcals for 100g, and then type in the whole weight of the jar etc and it calculates it for you yes? .. so say if a whole jar was 50 syns, and you split it between 5, it'd be 10syns.. wouldnt it :) .. see like when i use swartz packets to make my sauces etc.. most of them are 6 syns, so if i make two thats 3 syns.. if i make 3 portions thats 2 syns and .. 4 it's 1.5 etc .. :)

xxxxxxxxxx

Back