New to SW

michelyn

Hello! Just thought I'd make a quick intro before jumping in! I just joined Slimming World less than two weeks ago. Lost four pounds my first week and was quite pleased! I've got a lot of weight to lose but I feel like I'm finally in a good place in my life to really do it this time. :)

hello and welcome to sw and minimins, well done on your weightloss so far.

I to have a lot to lose and there are plenty of us so you are not alone.

Good luck and keep up the good work :D

Hey Michelyn

Great start, and good work finding Minimins - everyone on here is really supportive and helpful. I would be lost without these people!

I've been doing SW for 4 weeks and have lost 11lbs so far, and I have a lot more to go before I hit target, but feel -finally- it really is possible.

Keep going dude!

hello!!! good luck on your journey!!! :D tell us more about you, what plan do you follow, are you going to a meeting or doing it online?

Yes, i am nosey - but its interesting getting to know people on here! :D xxx

How do! Welcome and dont hesistate to ask, vent, rant, share, be proud or just read :D

I love this website!

Hi and welcome to Minimins. :)

Thanks, everyone!

Ellebear asked me to tell more about myself...

I'm 32, married and have a 9 month old son. He was born two months early though so developmentally, he's like a 7 month old. I'm American but I've been living in the UK for the past 5 years and absolutely love it here (after a lot of adjusting).

I've tried WW a few times in the past. Just got into SW now because my mother-in-law and sister-in-law are doing it. I was pleasantly surprised at the program. Gone are the days of worrying about running out of points and not being able to eat!

My husband and I fell into the horrible habit of ready-meals and takeaways. Like, really bad. So these past two weeks I've really enjoyed cooking. I've always hated cooking in the past but I think having a baby and having all these good foods to cook have changed that for me. Either that, or I'm must in the honeymoon period! ;)

Anyway, I'm doing meetings on Wednesdays and right now I'm just sticking to the Extra Easy plan. I haven't even looked at the red/green day thing.

Hey Michelyn! Welcome to Minimins!

A woman joined our SW group tonight having come over from WW, and every time we discussed the sorts of things you could have she just got more and more amazed, her face was a picture. Extra Easy is the plan that SW are really giving lots of hype and credit to because its their most recent plan, and it is, as it says, extra easy. Its basically healthy eating.

If you dont want to confuse yourself too much, stick with the EE plan for now, but if at some stage you find your losses arent going the way you would like, then starting to introduce variations on the plan you use each day can be an excellent way of shaking your body up and reminding it what it is supposed to be doing.

It is so nice to be eating healthy home cooked food, you forget when you do the whole ready meal/takeaway thing just how nice freshly prepared food can be, and there is so much variety in the recipes you can use that there is never any need to get bored!

Good luck and good losses to you, and do shout out if you have any questions.

Welcome!!

Glad you've joined both SW and Minimins :) hope you enjoy both - great first loss !!

I also stick mostly EE and find it great. Home cooking is great and you feel like at the end of the week and you have a loss that 'whoop got there cause I'm cooking good food for myself!'. Plus you'll know that your giving your family a good wholesome meal!!

The take-away trap is so easy to fall into I myseld am bad for that :( - haven't given up on the they are my weakness, but alot less nowadays.

I hope that you enjoy your journey and congratulations on the great loss you had hope it continues !!

FeatherWeight

A big welcome to SW and MiniMins! Well done, that's a fab loss so far. Keep posting your ideas, queries, achievements. whatever on here - always someone around to offer support. Grand to meet you! X

Hello! Just thought I'd make a quick intro before jumping in! I just joined Slimming World less than two weeks ago. Lost four pounds my first week and was quite pleased! I've got a lot of weight to lose but I feel like I'm finally in a good place in my life to really do it this time. :)

Whoohoo well done on your loss honey, and welcome to the site. Some of us have lots to lose don't worry you are in good company. :welcome:

Back