New to SW!!

C_J_23

Hello all!
I have been looking at the slimming books for a while now and have started to do them properly now. I am not someone who is so strict that will take every single grain of salt into account, but i need to know if i'm actually going in the right direction!!
I am getting so confused with the Green and original days?!?! and was aware that you could do one that kinda combines them so you can stick to it daily? I need like a basic menu to know what kind of things i can eat...
what i think is okay so far...
B- 28g Porridge oats with 250ml Skimmed milk and a chopped banana.
L- either a mug shot (1% or less) with loads of fruit (all the free fruits - eg apple, grapes, pineapple etc)
OR
Salad with lots of peppers cucumber celery carrots and tuna/chicken with vingarette dressing or extra light mayo
OR
Pasta with little salad and tuna/chicken and with extra light mayo or fat free dressing

D- (I get stuck on dinners) but lean good meat either chicken, mince, steak, lots of veg, and either jacket potato, roast potatos, pasta or rice.

Snacks - Sugar free sweets (i'm a sweetaholic) i no they are to be syned though, fruit, SW home made crisps, options hot choc.

Now please can someone tell me if i'm drastically going wrong?! :confused:

Thank you!!!

Hi ya,
Have a look at this thread this has lots of advice
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

But your general plan looks ok.
Start to post a food diary of everything you eat and then everyone can have a look as you go along. Any problems will soon be picked up by the minimins peeps.

If you need ideas for meals, have a look at other peoples food diarys and there are lots of recipe and idea threads

72welcome.jpg

It looks o.k. to me. You seem to have it sussed.

This is a great site for advice and recipes, syn values etc.

Honey has a super recipe thread that is worth looking at.

all i would say is check you Healthy Extra A choice is covered as i am not sure that amount of skimmed milk is enough.

Also on Extra Easy you need a fibre choice (Healthy Extra B choice) each day.

x

Why not go along to a group and get the plan explained to you in full? You'll get the up to date books (sounds like you have the old versions if it doesnt include Extra Easy) and you never know - you might like it!

Even if you dont carry on to join up and stay to group, for a tenner you've got the full intro and the up to date materials (officially joining fee is £10 + 1st week fee of £4.95 - but there is pretty much always an offer on - either half price membership or first week free so its pretty much always about £10)

But anyway, your food diary looks okay - just be wary of "slimming world crisps" - there's a big debate over this but official word is that they arent free as they are easy to over-eat if you snack on them and they aren't part of a main meal - probably best to syn them at a similar level to a low fat type crisp/snack.

Back