New to this and looking advice please

Rfisher35

I started 'dieting' back in March after blowing out my backside pushing my 3 year old on the roundabout, I cut out junk food, fizzy juice and bread and allowed myself one cheat night a week, I managed to loose 3 stone since March 12th this year but have recently hit a brick wall, I'm training 6am Monday to Friday everyday and feel great but I'm just wanting to go that extra bit but have no idea how this works!

I'm 5ft 7 and 16st 8lbs but no idea how to work out my calorie limit, is it a case of just eating below my limit and will the exercise speed up the process?

Can I eat anything within my limit or does it have to be good fats etc?

I'm a pretty simple eater so for talks sake could I have 1 bowl of cornflakes or Rice Krispies for breakfast, 2 rounds of toast with butter for lunch and a low calorie dinner and still loose weight?

Apologies if these seem silly but never really done a diet

The basic principle is you need to burn more calories than you eat in order to lose weight. What you eat shouldn't have a huge effect on your losses but obviously it's better to eat a balanced diet for health reasons.

You can google BMR to calculate the number of calories you need before exercise, and can also google calories burnt exercising to calculate your daily requirements. If you use MFP you can also tell it how active you are and use it to calculate your daily calorie needs.

Good luck with the diet! :)

There's a very good and detailed explanation on here about calculating your calorie needs on myfitnesspal. Let me see if I can find the link.

Hi, the very first post on this forum by fattack (yellow shaded) by is very comprehensive. It tells you how to calculate your calories and the deficit required for guaranteed losses. You could get a lot more food for the calories in rice krispies and buttered toast but if you are satisfied and happy with those within your calorie allowance then work away. Well done on the weight loss!

Back