New to WW Forum

Chev13

Glass of wine anyone?
Hi everyone,

Ii must start by saying how amazing you all seem and the support you are giving each other is truely remarkable.

I have done WW once before and did well, but the routine of Uni, (Drink, Takeout, Drink, Sleep, Study, Drink) didn't really lend itself to keeping the weight off.

I am still at Uni but in a different place so not so involved with the Uni "scene", so looking forward to the challange,

I tried a quick fix in the form of Cambridge and that worked but cracked as i am a foody and giving up food 100% is a nightmare for me.

Thus i am back and going to be strong in keeping to it, :)

Are there many men on this sight or am i one of a minority? I was on the Cambridge Forum whilst doing that but not many guys there.

Anyway, long and short of it, I have 4 - 41/2 stone to loose and panicing about how long it will take :confused: i have every confidence that it will go, i have done it once, so i can do it again :)

I want to loose the weight for me, and also it will go wonders to finding a partner :rolleyes: Weight and the gay scene don't go together very well.

Love you loads,

BIG HUGS

Mark

xx

I have just started ww after doing cambridge, good luck with it, i`m sure there are guys on here maybe they are just all shy lol x x

Hey Mark, like you I did Cambridge and cracked as I love my food too much. I know what you mean about the student lifestyle not being conducive to weight loss. I was in the middle of my degree when I found out I was pregnant, and I put even more weight on! Am now on week 2 of weight watchers and am getting on ok.
Still having cravings to ring the local takeaway but am battling with them and managing to stay on track so far! Stick with it, there's loads of support on here, and it's nice to have the male perspective! Am I also right in thinking that men lose weight slightly faster than women? I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the case. Not sure why. AND you get to eat more points just for being a man, grrr!
You'll have that four stone off in no time and will be looking GORGEOUS this summer :)

Hi Bex,

Thanks, i am looking forward to the challange, and hoing that with some food, no matter how limited or small i will be able to stick with it,

It is my aim to look Gorgeous, It is about time this Butterfly spread his wings :D again

My first meeting is tonight at 7pm so i will let you all know how i get on,

Thanks Darling

XX

Hi Mark!!
Lovely to "meet" you! -

First of all well done on taking the plunge and starting weight watchers! - about how long it will take, well there is no way of determining exactly but roughly:

Weight watchers states you should loose 1 - 2lbs per week, my experience from people around here is 2-3 sooooo we'll go for the middle and say that if you loose 2lbs per week, with 4stone to loose, (thats 56lbs) by my calculations you'll be at "goal" by the end of July this year!!!!!

Of course you'll have to allow for the odd hiccup (which Im sure you wont have!;)) or the odd plateau but there or there abouts!! - just imagine Mark, the weight you want to be by the middle of the Summer! that has to be enough to give you loads of motivation!!

There IS men around the site - definately - but they seem to be on other diets (as far as I know there are none on ww)

The very very best of luck and if you want anything just shout!!

Well how did the meeting go then Mark. Hope is was ok.
I know what you mean about the cost of cd but for me it worked out to be the same price as 2 / 3 take outs for the week ( for the family not just me) lol
Just not very practical for a student lifestyle eh

I am still wanting to lose weight but just at a slower pace now and have upped my exercise to get a bit toned.
I want to get to 10 stone and then will see where I want to be from there. SHould be about 9.3 for a healthy bmi but not getting too hung up about it
What are you studying ?

Sazzy, your so right to not have your goal weight determined by that stupid bmi thing. I have heard that they are thinking of doing away with it permanently, as there is no way that giving one "ideal" weight could suit everyone - regardless of height. We are all different builds, shapes etc...

I, for instance am 12 stone 9lbs!!!!! which is heavy and according to the bmi Im understandably, officially overweight (by 1 stone 9 - I should be 11 stone to be on the very end of "healthy") YET (and this is weird) Im a size 12??? BUT my cousin looks so much tinier than I am, is 10stone 7 and also a 12??? - Im trying to point out how different our bodies are.

Having said that I am obsessed with having the "number" be where it should - its ridiculous - I should just be happy when Im happy and satisfied with my figure - not let some number rule me but I am anyway! - I really dont think Ill be happy until I pass that figure and am regarded as a healthy weight - is stupid!!

Hi Mark! :welcome:

Just a wee message to say hello!

I did Lighter Life last summer...started 25th May and lasted until 17th August without cheating but then I went on hols to Greece and decided sod the diet I'll enjoy myself!! :D :party0016:

I'm 26 and was away with my best mate so as you can imagine..2 young single girls want to have fun and a diet was never going to last!!

Then I came back, got back to Lighter Life but couldn't stay on the wagon having had 2 weeks of eating/drinking for Scotland (only put on 4lbs in the 2 weeks in Greece which I was shocked and delighted about!!)...

So I decided that I had lost about 3.5 stone on LL and wanted to go the rest of the way by eating healthily and exercising..that's where WW has come in!!

I've put on about 10lbs purely from the time between finishing LL and joining WW (they do say you can put on a bit as your body re-adjusts to food) and also the festive period has done me no favours :doh:
But I'm back on the wagon now (fingers crossed) and I'm looking to lose another 3-3.5 stone approx which I hope to do before I return to Greece for my next holiday in August!!!

So...just thought I'd say hi, introduce myself and can't wait to hear how you're getting on! :hug99:

Natalie xxx

Having said that I am obsessed with having the "number" be where it should - its ridiculous - I should just be happy when Im happy and satisfied with my figure - not let some number rule me but I am anyway! - I really dont think Ill be happy until I pass that figure and am regarded as a healthy weight - is stupid!![/quote]
(Never get the quote thing right)

I know what you mean Nikki, i`m trying to not get hung up on it but I would really like it to be nearer the 25 but hey ho any bmi has got to be bettter than 40 which is where it started at. omg that shocked me :eek:
Seem to be getting on ok though with the points.
Hows everyone else doing today

Hi Mark and welcome to the wonderful weight watchers forum!

I did CD last year too. I was fine for the first 4 weeks until it came to add a meal where I just kept adding and adding and adding ( you get the picture! )

Anyway I started and restarted weight watchers and without these wonderful guys on here I would be much fatter than I am aleady!

There are quite a few of us on here with the same amount of weight to lose (4 - 5 stone) so come on lets do this!

Good luck to you Mark ... you will be fine Im sure!

xx

Back