New to WW

emwithme

Hi all *waves*

I'm Emma, new to WW but not new to losing weight :rolleyes:

Two years ago I weighed 2 stone more than I do now. Last year (with help from Slimming World) I was 2 stone lighter than now. Basically, I got slack because I knew the plan inside out, the lack of portion control was really hindering me, and I was eating far too much :17729:.

I've got ME and fibromyalgia, so I can't do much exercise, so I need to be really tight on my eating and I'm hoping that WW can help me do that. I went to my first meeting last night and have done a shopping list and am just about to go to the supermarket.

Why do I want to lose weight? Well, one thing is that I got rid of all my fat clothes last year and I really don't want to buy any more! I also am nearly back at the point where I don't want people to take photos of me and as I'm getting married in September :love: :character00250: I really want the photos to look fabulous!

I'm back from shopping - found an app that works out points so that was such a help. Got lots of nice stuff to eat for the week - hopefully DF will like this.

I'll definitely do a diary, basically publicly shaming me into keeping on track!

Hooray! Well done you - I started this week too. Have started a food diary and enjoyed lots of lovely food over the last two days.

I'm back from shopping - found an app that works out points so that was such a help. Got lots of nice stuff to eat for the week - hopefully DF will like this.

I'll definitely do a diary, basically publicly shaming me into keeping on track!

Good Luck, you will do great! I am new to WW pro points too, I did the old system and last year did SW but like you was not exercising any control over my portions of carbs, so want to be more restrictive! First week went well and was down 3lb!

What's the app called I would love to have something like that for handiness!

The app is called WWPP Calculator and it's free! I've also downloaded the WWDiary app (also free). These are both on Android.

I've had such a good day today - eaten loads of nice stuff and really feel positive about the next few days.

They're great. I've managed to point up some of the stuff I have in the cupboards already and think that this plan will really suit my lifestyle. It just wasn't feasible for me to cook from fresh every night - I've got ME and fibromyalgia and so sometimes I need something that will just pop into the oven/microwave and be ready. Plus, what I missed was eating out/snack type food. Especially pizza! On SW for a whole pizza was usually 50 syns - so half your weekly amount, whereas I can have one of the WW ones for 6 PP.

Ww is definitely a lifetime plan,I've lost over 7 st,I still have 5 st to go but happy to keep at it and even when I get to goal, pp make maintaining possible x

Good luck Em! You'll love the control WW gives you and the apps are definitely pound-savers. I had one for the android called WWPoints and it had a food search facility. Basically you put in what you were looking for and it brought back the points value. Very handy when you need to make a decision fast (eg in the supermarket or at a restaurant).

I moved to the iphone at Christmas and have an app but it doesn't have the food search facility. Really miss that.

Looking forward to hearing of your progress :)

Back