New year New Start Slimming world

Morning ladies! Sorry I've been absent, I've had limited internet for the past 10 days, you seem very determined again Jo! I hope it works well for you and helps keep you on track.!
Today's my WI day and I felt very disheartened last week with only a 1/4 lb loss but I was more determined this week and I've been very good this week (apart from my usual treat night) and I've lost 3.75lb!! I'm made up!! That takes me to 12.75lb lost total! Fingers crossed I get my stone next week!

Morning ladies! Sorry I've been absent, I've had limited internet for the past 10 days, you seem very determined again Jo! I hope it works well for you and helps keep you on track.!
Today's my WI day and I felt very disheartened last week with only a 1/4 lb loss but I was more determined this week and I've been very good this week (apart from my usual treat night) and I've lost 3.75lb!! I'm made up!! That takes me to 12.75lb lost total! Fingers crossed I get my stone next week!

Well done you!! Yeah I have been very motivated till yesterday when I heard my nan was rushed into hospital. Been soo upset and havent slept a wink. Meant to be travelling to see her but weather is awful. She lives up north and im down south so its a long way to go. Persuaded work to let me go so I could attempt to travel up there but its too mental. So sleep time it is xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm sorry to hear about your nan, hopefully the bad weather does down to allow you to travel to her soon, I know how horrible it can be when a loved one is unwell and the weather is preventing you, my grandad died the weekend we had extremely heavy snow, there was 3ft of snow and it was impossible to even walk to see him :-( I didn't manage to get there on the Sunday afternoon for a quick visit and he died that night :-( where do you live? Xx

I'm sorry to hear about your nan, hopefully the bad weather does down to allow you to travel to her soon, I know how horrible it can be when a loved one is unwell and the weather is preventing you, my grandad died the weekend we had extremely heavy snow, there was 3ft of snow and it was impossible to even walk to see him :-( I didn't manage to get there on the Sunday afternoon for a quick visit and he died that night :-( where do you live? Xx

Thank you. Its horrible but my parents are up there so at least someone has gone to visit. I live in Southampton and she lives in Liscard (Merseyside)

Well its been a weird couple of days. Nan still really poorly in hospital- they think it could be the Noro virus. Just waiting on test results now. Ive been very emotional about it all- I am soo close to my nan. One minute im crying next ive stopped then im crying again. Havent really eaten much which I know isnt good but havent felt like it. Hoping we hear some better news today xx

Weigh in day: -1lb :) better than nothing after the week I have had. Thats put me in a good mood.
Heres today's food diary:
Breakfast : 2 slices of toast ( HEXB) and a banana
Lunch: A bit of a random lunch really but ive got my OH mums homemade curry (free as its a sw one), her homemade samosas (7syns) and some carrots

Dinner: 3 Quorn sausages (1syn each) With potatoes and veg

Snacks: Banana, apple, 2 biscuits, muller light and some grapez

Hex A= 2 extra light cheese triangles
Hex B= 2 slices of wholemeal bread

Syns
20/105

Have a good day everyone :)

Last edited:
Well today had been a good day. Someone told me the sausages were 1 syn each so I had 3syns. I forgot to take enough food with me to work so ended up having 2 biscuits :( now I've been shopping ive got more healthier stuff in for tomorrow. So today ive had 20syns. Not really a good start on a monday but it can only get better!!

Last edited:
I thought id do my food diary for tomorrow now and update it tomorrow as it changes
18/02/14
Breakfast: Banana and a muller light yoghurt
Lunch: spaghetti on 2x small wholemeal bread ( HEXB) and an apple and 2 extra light cheese triangles ( HEXA)
Tea: Mushy pea curry and rice
Snacks: Grapes, kiwi and an orange

HexA: 2 extra light cheese triangles
Hex B = 2 slices of wholemeal bread

Syns: Cream egg biscuits (12syns!!)

Weekly syns:
32/105

Last edited:
I thought id do my food diary for tomorrow now and update it tomorrow as it changes 18/02/14 Breakfast: Banana and a muller light yoghurt Lunch: spaghetti on 2x small wholemeal bread ( HEXB) and an apple and 2 extra light cheese triangles ( HEXA) Tea: Snacks: Grapes, kiwi and an orange HexA: 2 extra light cheese triangles Hex B = 2 slices of wholemeal bread Syns: Weekly syns: 20/105 Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Looking good Jo!! And plenty of super free :) how's your nan? X

Well I made mushy pea curry tonight. Was very sceptical as not a fan of mushy peas but have to say it was amazing! Ive got leftovers for lunch tomorrow it was that nice

Quick food diary for today as about to start work

Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal toast (hexB) and a muller light yoghurt

Lunch : leftover mushy pea curry, banana and apple

Tea: Chicken kiev (6syns) with potatoes
Snacks: alpen light bar (4syns), grapes and an orange

Syns : Alpen light (4syns) chicken kiev (6syns)
Daily Total: 10/15
Weekly syns:
42/105

Last edited:
How you getting on jo?

I've had a good day bad day kind of week :-( parents evening didnt go so well and I've been unwell. Not sure if I'm looking forward to or dreading WI tomorrow :-/ xx

How you getting on jo?

I've had a good day bad day kind of week :-( parents evening didnt go so well and I've been unwell. Not sure if I'm looking forward to or dreading WI tomorrow :-/ xx

Its not going to badly thank you. Sorry to hear yours isnt going so great. Whatever the scales say tomorrow is another day.
Im having a bit of a night off as got some goodies to have but back on tomorrow

Its not going to badly thank you. Sorry to hear yours isnt going so great. Whatever the scales say tomorrow is another day.
Im having a bit of a night off as got some goodies to have but back on tomorrow

I don't think tomorrow will be bad, had a sneak peek before and if it stays the same until tomorrow I will be ecstatic!! Enjoy your treats!! I can't wait till tomorrow so I can have my treat night! Xx

I don't think tomorrow will be bad, had a sneak peek before and if it stays the same until tomorrow I will be ecstatic!! Enjoy your treats!! I can't wait till tomorrow so I can have my treat night! Xx

Let me know how you get on :)

Well last night I had a night off SW. Regret it a bit now as feeling a bit bloated but onwards and upwards. If I hadnt have done it then I would have ended up binging at some point. So let's right off last night and here is my food diary for today:
Breakfast : Banana and a muller light
Lunch: 2 slices of wholemeal toast and spaghetti.
Tea: Sw chips, eggs and beans

Morning Jo, today was WI and I've lost 2lb which gets me my 1 stone, and also takes me down to 14st 13.5lb! Soo happy right now!

Hate the morning after guilt and bloating :-( drink plenty of water and maybe try to have some more super free on you plate for today to relieve the bloating. And as for the guilt, we're only humans, and we all need a break sometimes! Xx

Morning Jo, today was WI and I've lost 2lb which gets me my 1 stone, and also takes me down to 14st 13.5lb! Soo happy right now!

Hate the morning after guilt and bloating :-( drink plenty of water and maybe try to have some more super free on you plate for today to relieve the bloating. And as for the guilt, we're only humans, and we all need a break sometimes! Xx

Yay well done you thats fantastic news! So happy for you!

Back