New year New Start Slimming world

What a morning ive had. Went to town with OH to pick up my swimming costume I ordered for holiday in may. I ordered it in a size 14 to be on the safe side. Well I got it home and as I was putting it on I could hear it stretching. Then I looked at myself in the mirror and I felt awful. Just burst into tears. OH says I look amazing in it but I feel hideous. Now this is the reason I NEED to follow SW. All these days off I keep having arent helping. Ill upload a pic soon. Hope rest of day goes ok

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

May is still a while away jo!! Don't loose heart, I had my treat night last nigh and I'm back n it today, although food wise it was pretty controlled compared to previous treat nights. The bottle of rosé wasn't tho ;-) I don't drink often tho, and can honestly say I haven't drank since new year until last night, and I won't be drinking until end or march when I'm going out to Blackpool with a group of girls for a friends 30th.

What is your aim to lose? Mine is an average of 2lb a week. And my target is sept ( going away on the 19th).

I'm here if you ever want to have a moan or a listening ear, my hubby says I look gorgeous but it doesn't mean nothing if I don't like what I see. They just don't 'get it' if you know what I mean. Xx

May is still a while away jo!! Don't loose heart, I had my treat night last nigh and I'm back n it today, although food wise it was pretty controlled compared to previous treat nights. The bottle of rosé wasn't tho ;-) I don't drink often tho, and can honestly say I haven't drank since new year until last night, and I won't be drinking until end or march when I'm going out to Blackpool with a group of girls for a friends 30th.

What is your aim to lose? Mine is an average of 2lb a week. And my target is sept ( going away on the 19th).

I'm here if you ever want to have a moan or a listening ear, my hubby says I look gorgeous but it doesn't mean nothing if I don't like what I see. They just don't 'get it' if you know what I mean. Xx

Thank you. Yeah I know may is a while away, ive still got the time to do it. Just hurts seeing myself like that. Im hoping to lose 2lb a week too. My target is for 3rd may and then another target for 11.04.15 (wedding)

There is the photo. The blue and white costume is my new one and the other is from the other year x

There is the photo. The blue and white costume is my new one and the other is from the other year x

jo you look gorgeous! But I know what you mean when up you don't see or feel it yourself, if I was you, I would use the photo as a motivator, but also as a 'look what i can achieve' photo for when you do get there (which will be before may!!)
Keep 100% honest food diary either on here, or I use a little diary, I put the good, bad and seriously ugly in there, I also try to write how much drink I've had and also on my WI day I put how much I lost/gain, so I can look back at a good week and see what I did differently. Xxx

jo you look gorgeous! But I know what you mean when up you don't see or feel it yourself, if I was you, I would use the photo as a motivator, but also as a 'look what i can achieve' photo for when you do get there (which will be before may!!)
Keep 100% honest food diary either on here, or I use a little diary, I put the good, bad and seriously ugly in there, I also try to write how much drink I've had and also on my WI day I put how much I lost/gain, so I can look back at a good week and see what I did differently. Xxx

Thank you hun. Yeah im using it as a motivator. Its my background on my phone currently so when I look at it I know what I need to do. Im keeping my diary on here and will be 100% honest with it.

Well lunch today was bacon (FF) egg, slices of wholemeal bread (HEXB) and some spaghetti. OH has gone to football and wont be home till gone 7. So ive done 3 loads of washing, the ironing and some work. Now sitting down chilling. Tonights dinner is quiche (12syns for 1/4 slice) and baby potatoes and mixed veg

Sounds good so far and also good you've been active. Are you on the SW online

Me 2, I'm desperate to find out the syn value for something but can't find it anywhere x

Well ive kept myself busy so I dont binge on rubbish foods. Ive cleaned the living room, bedroom and bathroom. I did have some grapes and an apple as my stomach started to grumble. Ive also gone through the cupboards and written down a list of how many syns the jar sauces are so I am aware of what im having. Just waiting for OH to come home now. He probably wont be back till gone 7

It's stuffed chicken with cheese and ham from Iceland, it's called posh grub.
And also the creamy tikka one too. X

It's stuffed chicken with cheese and ham from Iceland, it's called posh grub.
And also the creamy tikka one too. X

Ah right ok. All I know is 20 calories is 1 syn if that helps lol
Well going on a day out to warwick castle with my OH and my parents tomorrow- should be a lovely day. So Ive made a SW quiche for our picnic :)

Weigh in day: STS
At least its not a gain!!
Breakfast:
2 slices of wholemeal bread ( HEXB) and a muller light yoghurt
Lunch : SW speedy quiche, ham, 2 cheese trianglez (HEXA)
Tea: sw egg, chips and beans
Snacks: Banana and apple

Syns: 2 cadbury dairy milk biscuits (6syns)

Weekly syns:
6/105

Last edited:
Ive done so well today with SW- ive even had an awful day at work and still managed to stick to it. Not gonna let anyone get in the way of my SW. Got told today that I need to 'man up' in my job (room leader) and that im a pushover and let people walk all over me. Well thanks for that! Ill show them the real me if they want and it wont be nice!!

Had a very unsettled night. I think I was subconsciously thinking about what happened at work yesterday and I just kept waking up.
Still feeling positive about SW

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEXB) and a muller light yoghurt

Lunch : tuna pasta with mixed peppers and sweetcorn. 2 cheese triangles (HEXA)

Tea: sweet chilli noodles (homemade using dried noodles) (2syns)

Snacks: Banana, orange, apple
Syns: 2 syns

Weekly syns:
8/105

Last edited:
Well OH had good intentions. Got home and couldnt cook steak as it had to be grilled and we dont have one. So OH went to asda. Came home with sweet chilli noodles and said 'its got all green on it' 16 syns bless him never mind eh.

***EDIT*** it was too spicy so I couldn't eat it. so made my own noodles with chicken, peppers and sweetcorn. put 2 spoons of sweet chilli dipping sauce on it for 2syns.

Last edited:
Back