New Year New Start

Well, here I am again. In 2010 I lost 2 stone on the day on day off diet in time for my holiday of a lifetime to Mauritius. Following that I put it back on and a bit more so in June last year I took the plunge and did Exante for just over 2 months losing 33lbs. My reason last year was that my DS was starting school in September but I didn't want to be a fat mum at the school gates. By the time he started school I was one of the thinner ones but I got complacent ans thought I could eat normal food and still maintain.....WRONG!!!!! I have put on 13.8lbs in the last 5 months so time to get back on it.

However this time it's different as my DH is doing it too!! Not sure whether he will manage it but he is desperate to lose 2 stone as well. He had a shake before he left for work this morning and I have packed him off with 2 bars. He is going to have 4 items a day as he will never survive on 3! He will have a soup tonight. As for me, I have had a shake at 11 and will have my soup around 4pm. I work from 7-11pm so will take a bar to eat at work. Had an oxo drink a while ago as feeling cold. Nothing to do with the diet, just absolutely freezing here.

Anyway why is my target on 10/03........well my dad is holding a black tie dinner dance and I have bought an amazing dress. Well it would be amazing if I could actually fit in it. I bought a 14 and am a tight 16 at the moment. This dress cost me a fortune so I have to get into it!!

So, wish me luck and I look forward to reading all your diaries.

Claire

Good Luck Claire!
You have done it before, you can do it again, heads down, blenders on lol!

Thanks everyone! Will be relying on you guys to keep me strong over the first few days.

Claire x

Well day 2 is half way over and all is good so far.

Yesterday I stayed 100% although by 10 last night I was starving with still an hour to go at work. Normally I would hit the vending machine for Mini cheddars but obviously I couldn't. I had taken a flask of veg oxo with me to stave off hunger pangs but had drunk that in the first hour. Had my bar about 8:30 which I really enjoyed. Still I kept strong and went straight to bed when I got in so no raiding the biscuit tin!!!!

Today I woke feeling good but tired. By 9am i had a headache though. I think I lived on ibuprofen yesterday and am again today. I seem to remember the headaches only lasted about 4 days last time i did exante.
Went shopping today and bought myself a pair of size 14 work trousers. I can get into them, just, but my aim is for them to be loose!

As for DH, I only saw him for about 30 minutes last night and not at all this morning. I know he didnt cheat up until 6:30 last night. He didn't mind the bars too much although I cannot stomach them. Will find out later today what he thought of the mushroom soup last night and the vanilla shake this morning. I am really proud of him and it's lovely to have someone else doing it with you. Our son is the only person eating 'real' food at the moment. Luckily he eats hot dinners at school so usually wants sandwiches, fruit and yoghurt for tea. It's funny how I have brought him up to eat really well, he loves fruit and veg and knows that chocolate is a treat once a week! Think I need to feed myself the same way I feed him!

Anyway off to do homework with him, get his tea ready then get ready for work!

Hope everyone is having a good day

Claire x

Oops forgot to mention that I did 10 mins on my power plate yesterday and 17 mns today. Going to try to do it at least 5 times a week. Was planning to take dog out for extra long walks but too cold the last 2 days!

Claire x

I started my diet on 6th jan 2012, been doing it 2weeks tomorrow and nearly lost a stone, i started at 15 stone, im now nearly 14 stone, target to get to 9/10 stone, keep it up and good luck!!

I started my diet on 6th jan 2012, been doing it 2weeks tomorrow and nearly lost a stone, i started at 15 stone, im now nearly 14 stone, target to get to 9/10 stone, keep it up and good luck!!

That's amazing, well done. See its things like this that keep me focused and motivated so thanks :)

Claire x

Well day 3 has started. Both DH and I had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning to help with the motivation. I have lost 3.5lbs and DH has lost an amazing 7lbs.

I am really proud of DH as this is the first time he has done anything like this and he is doing brilliantly. When he got home last night he was complaining about abdominal pains and dizziness so I told him to have an omelette as well as his soup. Bought some more eggs this morning and some lean ham so I thing he may have to give up TS and have a small protein meal each evening.

I have stayed 100% TS and want to stay on it until I get to target. I have DSs birthday party on Sunday, the first of 2. Got about 25 friends and family coming over for party games, party food and cake!!!!! Could be a recipe for disaster. I am making the cake on Friday and if I am too tempted by the party food I am going to eat lean chicken and chunks of cheese. DH says he may have a beer or two! Have advised him not to but he is an adult and makes his own choices.

Busy day today, wrapping DSs presents and the pass the parcel present, putting another paper mâché layer in the alien we are making for his school project, ironing, walking the dog and general housework. Should burn a few calories along with a power plate session.

Hope everyone has a good day. :)

Claire x

Well day 4 is more than half way over. Going to work in 10 mins so a quick post.

Not been 100% day as got the mega munchies this afternoon so nibbled on 2 slices of turkey and a tiny bit of cheese. Hopefully that shouldn't affect my WI too much. Going to WI tomorrow and keep Friday as my official WI day. This is the same day as last time and it worked for me cos if I had a nibble or two at the weekend I still had the rest of the week to lose something. So will WI after 4 days....hoping for 5lbs when another 5 next week. DH has lost 8lbs so far!!!!!!

Anyway will post in the morning will the results. Off to work now with my flask of oxo and tesco meal bar.

Claire x

Day 5. Not started too good. It was WI day today and have lost 4.5lbs which is no change from yesterday. DH did his official WI today as well and he didn't lose anything overnight so he has officially lost 8lbs. Hopefully will have a better result next week when it will be a full 7 days and not 4!

Made DS's birthday cake this morning and have to admit to tasting the mixture. Its cooling at the moment but at least I wont be able to taste it when I get it out of the tin as it would look a bit strange with a chunk missing :). This afternoon's task it to try to ice it with royal icing which could be fun as I have never done it before. His party of Sunday has a pirate theme so attempting a cake to match. He is having a football party for his friends next weekend so I am making a Ben 10 cake for that one! If there is any cake left on Sunday I will send it home with family although will save a couple of bits for DS to eat on his actual birthday.

Watching Masterchef at the moment then will get a shake when its finished. Why to I love all the cooking programmes...........I think I like to torture myself!

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

Claire x

Well done Claire, 4.5 lbs is a great start!!

Hello, I am still around!!!!!! Sorry not been here for a few days. Spent all of Saturday tidying and sorting things for DSs party, Sunday doing the party and yesterday cleaning up after the party. How can 22 adults and 5 children cause so much mess!?!?!?!? Having a day of rest today, well not really as its DSs birthday today (5) and his best friend is coming back for tea this afternoon and they cause chaos together so all quiet until 3:15pm.

Went on power plate on Saturday not not been on since. At the party I ate 2 king prawns, about 10 chunks of chicken that had been marinated in soy and lime, a mini doughnut and the tiniest slice of birthday cake. Not too bad and didn't put any weight on. DH was not as good, he had about 6 beers, a slice of quiche, 6 mini scotch eggs and a slice of cake. He put on 3lbs overnight so don't think he wil do that again in a hurry!

Had a boiled egg yesterday along with my shakes, soups etc as was starvingt for some reason, period is due I think.........

May try to get off my backside and do 15 mins on the power plate before wrapping the last present.

Hope everyone is doing well

Claire x

Well I have survived to day 10 :)

My new exante order arrived this morning just as I was leaving the house to take DS to school. Not sure whether to have a porridge today or not, feeling a little cold so may have to have one and save my shake for another day.

Didn't do my powerplate yesterday but took DS and his best friend bowling. Does bowling class as exercise???? My arm aches a bit today!!! Took the night off work yesterday so could be ith DS for his birthday so DH and I decided to have a meal. We were very good and has stir fried chicken with chilli and garlic, pak choy, spinach and soy sauce. It was delicious but back to TS for me today although DH wils, continue to have an omelette each night. Sneaky peak WI this morning and have lost 8lbs in total now so quite pleased with that.

Off to use my powerplate now.

Claire x :wavey:

Well I am still here and doing ok. Had a mad few days with visitors staying and sons birthday party with his school friends. Weighed in on Friday and only lost a disappointing 3.5lbs in a full7 days :(. Decided to WI again this morning as today is 2 weeks since started and I weigh 12.4.6 making a total loss of 11.4lbs so really happy with this. Surprising though as I ate a slice of birthday cake in Saturday. Hope the rest of the week goes well and I have a good loss on Friday. Would love to have lost a stone by then but I think that's pushing it.

Off to have my soup now then off to work until 11 tonight :(

Claire x

Just dropping by to update my stats. I have realised that I just don't have the time to post daily like I would like to so just going to update my stats every week. WI day is Friday so last Friday I had lost another 3.5lbs. Not great but not bad either. I seem to be in the habit of snacking on ham and chicken during the day so my loss is not as quick as last time but I will get there. Half way to target now and got another 4 weeks until the party when I have got to make my dress fit for. I think I should make it, not tried it on recently. Going to wait until I hit the 11 stone something when try it. Only another 4.5lbs to go so maybe by this time next week.

Onwards and downwards ( the scales that is)

Another WI is here and only a disappointing 2lbs but then again it is TOTM. Really wanted to lose 2.5lbs so that I hit a stone in 4 weeks but oh well, next week hopefully. Not been 100% at all during the last 4 weeks as have been snacking on ham, chicken, eggs and a bit of cheese occasionally. However the good news is that I can fit into my dress so still have another 4 weeks until party and it fits already. Hopefully lose another half a stone before the party on 10 march.

Claire x

Not posted for ages as really to busy but have been keeping a track of my weight loss on my calendar. WI day again today and now down to 11 stone 9.8lbs which is the lowest I have ever been since 2002 when I got married. Started off as a tight size 16 and during the week managed to fit into a pair of next trousers in a 12!!!!!!!!! Amazing, have been some new size 14 stuff and they are getting lose around the waist now. Got the big black tie party a week tomorrow and my dress fitted perfectly when I got to 12 stone so may have to attach the straps and not wear it strapless if I have another good week next week. Going to reset my target then to 11 stone by 18th may which is my 10th wedding anniversary. I will get back n my weddings dress!!!!!!

Back