Newb, saying hello!

xmcnickyx

Hiya :)

I've been an occasional lurker here for a few months but thought I'd say hello now.

Am Nicky, I've been doing CD for 4 months so far and lost just over 5 stone. Love this diet so much and can't believe it's taken me so long to have a go at it :rolleyes:

I'm coming up to target I set myself (12 stone) which still leaves me classed as obese but I'd set it as it seemed achievable. The problem I've got at the moment is that I'm totally skint because of cambridge and with birthdays and xmas coming up I'm trying to decide what to do next - my options are:
* coming off cambridge at the end of Nov and restarting when I have a bit more cash in January
*getting to 12 stone (probably do this mid november) and trying something a bit gentler if I want to lost more weight (SW or WW maybe)
* saying 'feck it' and ploughing on till I get to about 10 stone, maybe with a little bit of debt but telling myself it's cheaper than a gastric band ;)

What would you do? My OH has said he'll help me out with money but I know it's xmas soon, our daughters birthday and his mums birthday as well as us having a holiday to pay off so I feel lousy taking money off him.

Sorry - that was a long 1st post. Hello anyway :eek:

Well done on your losses so far, i had my frist weigh in today and i caved at the weekend so wasn't as good as it could of been, the money is a killer for me too, but i know its worth it in the end when i get closer to my goal, not sure what advice to give you about what you should do, hard choice, maybe speak to your cdc.

Welcome to the forum Nicky. Well done on your weight loss so far - you have done great! And good luck getting to your goal. :)

Hi Nicky,
well done on that 5 stones loss !!!!!
How about researching the internet for cheaper versions of CD? There are other options out there. They wont taste as good as CD but, they will meet your needs, nutrionally. Good luck

I would seriously think about taking your OH's offer up! Tell him it's a loan if need be and you'll pay him back in NY when things ease off and tell him not to buy you a xmas pressie. But he sounds like he really wants to help you do something that's important to you and if you are happier he benefits too.

I sometimes think we have to question why we find it so hard to let our nearest and dearest help us out on things like this. Is it so hard for us to believe someone thinks we are worth that effort?

Imagine waking up on xmas morning at goal ... what a present to you both :D

Gg

Hi well done on losing 5 stone - that's amazing! I agree with GG, I would ask your OH to make CD your christmas present - think everyone on here would love to be at goal by christmas. Don't think there's a better present you could get anyway!

I know I should let my OH help out but cos it's his birthday next month I kind of think it's like him buying his own present. lol.

Just think though... for him it would be the present that would keep on giving because you will be getting more confident and be feeling sexier :p

Gg

there is a cheaper version of what the cd has... its called Exante... not as nice as cambridge and you have 2 bars to chose from, 4 shakes, and 3 soups (well there is four but the tomato and basil one is HORRID!!) lol but thats just my opinion....
it costs (if you buy in a months worth at a time ) £99+ postage of like £5 i think... you buy the products from the company... there isnt any weigh in etc.... and no cdc to speak to for advice...
something to consider if you want to keep going...
my cdc said to me the other day, that next year if i wanted to lose the weight via cd then its going to be super tricky if i stop now...

my cdc

Back