Newb says Hi!

Rorah

Mooooooo
Hi everyone,

I joined this site back in the summer when I decided (unsuccessfully) to try and lose some weight. Since then I estimate I have put on about 1 stone. I was always around the 9.5 - 10 stone mark back in my early 20s, but for about 4 years have been unable to weigh myself, the very thought makes me feel physically sick! But I wouldn't be surprised to be tipping the scales at around 13.5 now (but really, have NO idea)!

What I do know is that I can't fit into any of my clothes right now, and as I work primarily from home tend to avoid the issue my staying mostly in PJs and dressing gowns (sad, I know... but I can't face going out and buying monstrous clothes and nor can I face trying to squeeze and squish all my disgusting bulk into my old size 12 clothes!

So I contacted a local Cambridge diet counsellor who I am meeting on Wednesday morning, and I am really, really incredible excited. I wonder if any of you can give me an idea of what to expect? Obviously I am trying to mentally prepare myself for stepping on the scales in case she needs me to, but I think I'll be okay as long as I don't have to look and she can just write it down and keep it to herself!

I would really prefer to SS for the first few weeks if possible, as I am rubbish at sticking to diets where I can eat "a sensible meal in the evenings"... I always tend to overdo it so would prefer to have that option taken away from me to begin with whilst I am learning the plan and also hopefully beginning to see some results!

What usually happens at the meetings with counsellors? Will she provide all the food pack things, or do I have to order them separately and wait for them to arrive? Is there anything I should be aware of before hand? I am a strict vegetarian and haven't really tried many diets in the past.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Laura x

Hi Laura,
Good luck for Wednesday morning, your CDC will get you to fill out a form, weigh you (sorry) and some take measurements if you want them to. With mine she talked me through the diet, explained the different plans, weighed me, measured my waist and then let me choose my packs to take with me.
I'm sure if you don't want to see what the scales say that would be fine.
Xx

good luck! it can be quite exciting getting started! XX

good luck love, cankles is very correct in what she told you. It IS exciting, you can almost see the weight drop off you which is motivational enough, but minimins and those on here that offer great support can be lifelines. I know theyve helped me in many an hour of need!! Look forward to seeing your ticker on your signature, and your happy posts!! xx

Hehe awesome, thank you very much for your responses, this is really extremely exciting for me and I'm glad there are so many of you who can relate to it!!

So I gather from Cankles that the counsellor gives you the foodpacks to take with you? That is good news! It would be rather disappointing to have to wait another week or so for the things.

Thanks again, look forward to giving you all an update x

Your CDC should have a full range of stock (mine sometimes is running low if it's delivery day but always has bits there) so you could start wed depending on your app time. Good luck hun, just remember lots of water, things to distract you and check in on here to keep motivated.xx

Then it is even more exciting! Imagine... being excited by food replacement powders!! Yes she mentioned about the water on the phone, that may be an exercise in discipline for me as I'm used to sugar-free squashes and lemonade, but I will do my best!

Thanks, Laura
x

Hi Laura,

There are also bars and pre-mixed tetra packs. You can probably buy some water flavourings from her to replace your squash. Some people also drink a little Coke Zero as it does not seem to affect ketosis -- but your counsellor can give you advice with regard to that and all else.

And, I hated the thought of weighing myself sooo much -- that I started ssing (sole sourcing... just product no food) for four days before I weighed myself because I knew I weighed more than I had the last time I got on a scale (by clothing tightness). The last time I had weighed myself was October 13th... and (yeah!) I only weighed one pound more than that on Sunday -- which I've since lost.

Thus, my advice to you is that you explain to your CDC that you DO NOT WANT to know your Weight -- only your losses. And, when you feel ready to know you will ask (or give her a number and ask her to tell her when you get there).

MinnieMel

Last edited:
if your on medication, have medical problems or have a bmi over 40 then you will need to get a doctors signature on your forms before you start which can take a little time depending on your gp

if none of those apply but your going onto ss then your consultant will just send your gp a letter informing them that your following cambridge ss

Hi there everyone, I've just got back from my visit to the counsellor which I think went really well! I have my week's supply of packs (how weird is it seeing all your food for an entire week packed into one tiny box!!) and I've just had my first foodpack - I chose the cappuccino shake which was nice though a little runny and really sweet!

She did in the end weigh me and make me take note of my weight, it's ok though and didn't upset me quite as much as I thought because I know I'm going to lose it soon!

I'll be SSing for at least this week, just to see how it goes. I'd really like to SS all the way to my goal because I know I can do it, but my counsellor recommended that I introduce small meals fairly shortly to get used to managing portion sizes etc., and said that I can only do it for a max of 12 weeks anyway =(

Oh well!! Onwards and upwards!

Laura x

Good Luck xX

Good luck! I'm the same...im terrible at sticking to "normal" diets, i end up eating just a little bit more and then getting a take away and starting it again "tomorrow" which, of course, never comes. I was always size 12-14 and now im size 18 after having my little boy. I lost 2 1/2 stone in 10 weeks a couple of years ago on a TFR diet like this one (lipotrim) and i managed to stick to it without cheating. I'm on day 2 of cambridge and hoping I can lose the 2 1/2 stone once again. Good luck xxx

Back