Newbie alert! Hi y'all

So introducing myself, ahem! I'm a vivacious 37 year old, all be it a chubby one at
11 stones and 1 lb. I'm going to give slimming world a pop, yet again, only want to hit nine and a half stones so not a great deal to lose, just a stone and a half, but this time I fancied doing it along side the thirty day shred dvd, that has sat on my shelf for an extreme amount of time, yes basically just gathering dust. I did try it once, and thought ... Erugh! As I'm obviously so great at exercise! So I'm going to post every day what is new with me and weigh every week. I'm going it alone on the slimming world hence posting and conversing on this wonderful site, I'm not starting until Monday but thought I'd start by saying hello

So without any ado .... Hello everyone, hope you all are well and I'm off now to figure out the wonders of this site and how I'm to go about posting. Hope to meet you all soon.

Hi, I just joined too :)

I don't envy you on the 30 day shred, it was everywhere after I had my first son and it looked truly exhausting.

I'm on Slimming World too, it's my first time joining and only been on it for a week and half but I'm already loving it. Any diet where I can eat chicken all day long is a good one for me!

Hi, I just joined too :)

I don't envy you on the 30 day shred, it was everywhere after I had my first son and it looked truly exhausting.

I'm on Slimming World too, it's my first time joining and only been on it for a week and half but I'm already loving it. Any diet where I can eat chicken all day long is a good one for me!
ha yes the 30 day shred is starting to terrify me ... just sitting there looking all innocent and stuff, on the shelf as if its meaning no harm ... but we know better, don't we? I'm just going to start on level one and hopefully manage the 30 days, well I have to now don't I? that's why I posted my face as my profile pic, no backing out! I'm hoping that by the end of the 30 days I might actually start to enjoy exercise .... I'm hoping!

I'm glad your loving slimming world, and yes any type of all day eating suits me ... which is why I'm in this place! looking forward to seeing your posts so I can steal your slimming world tips

Hi there, Im another newbie. Just started Slimming World and trying my best to get back to the gym but the fact that I hate it is getting in the way! I started slimming world for the first time on Sunday and am only doing online not going to meetings. I was hoping there might be a bit more support for online membership so Im really hoping to pick up some hints and tips from people here. Charlyfarly hope you don't mind me joining your thread rather than starting another, like you I'll take a look around and try and get a sense of whats going on. Good luck with your 30 day shred (it sounds terrifying!) Heiroffire glad to hear you're enjoying the diet too!

Hi and welcome! Good luck on your SW journey!

Right, sorry for the delay in posting. I'm doing well on slimming world have lost 3lb so far, the 30 day shred is excruciating, but I think I have managed to get past the first hurdle. I haven't posted anything as we had a huge thunderstorm and I lost my electric, which took a day to come back on. But shock horror ... No internet!!!! So I have been at my wit's end, I would have hit the internet coffee shop/cafe, but, yes I'm on slimming world so cafe is a no go ... Obviously!
Perhaps I should go into detail about the 30 day shred DVD. Ah okay then!
Day one
So first things first, I cleared a space and got my small hand weights ready. I am starting on level one (just because I look fit, aka: luscious and beautiful I am not physically fit, im more like ... Big lazy mamma)
So level one it's is.
Okay after five minute my face was now a nice shade of purple as I had surpassed every shade of red, thank heavens this DVD is only 20 minutes as I feel like I might die!
With sweat dripping off me like I was in the shower my mind wandered to this thought process .... I never sweat, I just assumed I wasn't a sweaty person ...WRONG!

I NEVER SWEAT BECAUSE I AM A LAZY PERSON AND I DO NOT DO EXERCISE OR ANYTHING THAT WOULD COUNT TOWARDS MAKING ME SWEAT.

mental note ... Must EXERCISE more.
I think the shame of these thoughts has carried me over to today I have had two days where I haven't done the DVD ... I will be honest, but this morning I noticed that when I was doing the fake boxers skipping that I felt slightly lighter and not so out of breath, now I'm not sure that perhaps I am imagining this or just wishful thinking that exercise becomes easier (I surely hope this is true or yes I am going to die) but it felt slightly (a tiny bit easier)

So I'll keep you guys posted now I have internet and go to all the people who replied. Hows everyone doing this week on their diets etc
Just gonna go find out

My final thought for today: well after have a wander around other people's posts I've noticed that no matter what route we take to our losses be them grand or small or even stuck, the motivation that we can give to one another without even realising that we are doing so can be the catalyst that is needed to hurl us towards the week ahead or even the following week pretty much stress free. I'm in envy of those with the huge losses but also in envy of those who have worked hard for the small ones and quite possibly even more in envy of those who have the determination stick to it when the scales don't wanna budge. Well done folks and friends

Back