Newbie Alert!

Natty74

Hi all,

I'm not new to dieting, I've been doing it all my adult life I think! Ive lost and gained about 10 stone 3 times now but am determined this will be my last. I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnoea and now have to sleep with a horrible mask up my nose, so losing weight is imperative for my health and sleep! I got my sleep apnea machine in May last year and just from getting some proper sleep I managed to lose 2 stone without actually having to do much, but now I want to speed the process up because I have an operation on my nose booked in for three months time. I am going to Slimming World meetings every Tuesday but I'm not actually following the Slimming World diet I'm on Exante meal replacement as I know this works well for me having lost 9 stone using LighterLife in the past. I am simply going to the Slimming World meetings to be weighed in front of other people which helps with my motivation and my competitive nature. Wishing you all the best on your diets and happy I found this place to keep me going!

Yea I'm pretty pleased, have lost 5 stone 1lb so far. But.... Another 5 stone to go! Damn you hula hoops!

Like I said ... I'm in awe. You have done really well, and how have you found it ... I mean easy or has it been a slog, what have you been eating? Have you kept a diary? I'm really eager to have a look at my food compared to yours as you seem to have this under wraps.

I'm doing two diets at once, I'm doing the meal replacement diet from Exante at only 600 calories a day which puts me in ketosis so I'm not hungry, and at the weekend I have some real food, but only one meal which will keep me in ketosis, such as chicken lettuce and cucumber. I'm also going to slimming world groups, not for the diet as I don't like it that much as a weight loss option..... As much rice and pasta as you like? I don't think so! However, it's a good plan for when I reach my goal.... The slimming world "diet" to me is mostly a weight maintenance plan I shall follow to keep the weight off. I have so much to lose, 1 or 2 pounds a week won't cut it. I aim for 5 to 7 a week,bor at least 1 stone a month.

I get where your coming from, in 2012 I did a high protein diet which relied on ketosis to help you lose lots of weight fast, I lost 3 and a 1/2 stone in three months, but it was difficult but I needed to lose it fast, I understand about the group meeting thing, I miss out on the image therapy you get and the friendships you make from going to a group, although I'm not a great fan of getting weighed in front of others to be honest. Your doing so well. Keep it up chick.

Hope so, I'm just sick of worrying about my weight all the time, wish I could lose it and keep it off, but i always end up bigger than I'd like. Although this time I've only let myself get a stone and a half to lose and hopefully this week I will get a little close to ten and a half stone then it's only a stone to go and that sounds totally doable if you know what I mean.

Back