Newbie going from WW to SW

thank you jo...and same to you ;)
well, so far so good for me this morning.... i was up early and had a tangerine and a strawberry yog (shape 0%) and once i'd taken my little one to school, i had weetabix with banana (the weetabix and milk being healthy extras)
i've just made the chickpea dahl loaf and its yummy....tastes kinda like mild pakora so will probably have that for dinner i think and there's loads so it might be handy to take a bit to work tomorrow?
i need to pop out but when i come back i'm planning on making sw quiches with lots of added veg cos i reckon tomorrow will be an EE day for me so i'm hoping that it will go towards the 1/3 superfree and i'm going to make individual ones which, again, will be handy for work.
planning is definitely going to be the key for me but i'm feeling up for it and have been like a domestic goddess this morning...i mean, its not even 10.30 am and i have cooked, cleaned up, done the ironing, a washing and hoovered....man points for miss k today me thinks lol
1st class is tonight at 7.30 so tomorrow is day 2 and not day 1 - hoping it goes in my favour :)
how long do the classes usually last...anyone?? x

Last week mine was 1 1/2s its a big class tho about 65 people getting weighed, then i stayed to listen to group.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

was it really?! i feel i should stay so that i can learn properly but i didnt think it would be quite as long. depends on how many attend i guess. will jsut wait and see.
i want to join at this one tonight but then maybe goto different ones depending on work etc - are you allowed to do that or do you need to go to the same one? i know with ww, you can attend any class but not sure if SW is the same? x

aww good to hear it's quite easy to eat out then. i've never been to nandos and to be honest, i'd never pick steak but chicken etc i would.
if we eat out its usually to chinese (buffet) places where i fill up on salad to start anyway so i reckon plain prawns or chicken added to that would help and i'll just by pass the deep fried starter things as much as possible.
to be honest when i started ww, i wasn't eating anywhere near what i used to but really enjoyed the different tastes compared to the dinners i was having thru the week and i find that i tend to pick the veg out of the different dishes so i'm getting a taste of the different sauces and not a whole plate of it.
i know with sw the sauces would need to be syn'd but before i would steer clear of the rice and noodles so when i'm on this, i think i'd maybe pick that more and i noticed, when we were there last night, someone asked for boiled rice and they brought her out (as they had none out to pick from, just fried or whatever) so that gave me the idea that i could do that cos that would be free?
just gonna need to see...to be honest, i might not feel the need to have the weekend meal out as much when i'm on this....going from the meals i'm planning on making!
on ww it really was a treat to have tasty foods and it was what i did every weekend (cos i'd starved all week to save my weeklies just for that treat) but i reckon it'll be totally different on this!
for anyone who eats chinese when out...what do you tend to have? i dont like black bean and its what i've seen in threads that people have said they're ordering x

If I was going to a Chinese buffet I'd fill up on veg, boiled rice and plain noodles as this would all be free. Black bean, oyster and chow mein are all quite low syn options!

Yes you can go to any, you get a little card like s debit card think its got a chip on it so u can take that to any class an they put it in there machine an they will know youve paid..etc if your getting a monthly deal. I changing class too after this week.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

great...thanks. i'm not sure i'm going to get a monthly card just yet so how does it work if i'll be paying every week (to start)
i'm just back from all the to-ing and fro-ing home life has to offer (lol) and all i want to do is have dinner and settle so this 7.30 class might not be ideal for me. there are other ones on at different times/days but its trying to find the best one which will suit.
leaving soon anyway but might need to rethink which one i go to x

thought i'd check back in here...
1st weigh in was last night - 4lbs off :D
i had mentioned in my 1st post that i was worried about eating out and its what i did every weekend as my treat...well, i didnt go for dinner at the weekend, and it wasnt because i wasnt having a treat...it was because after all the good dinners i had had through the week...i didnt feel the need to go for that treat, for that only decent meal - the highlight of my week when i was on ww!
just shows you eh....and long may it continue lol x

Back