Newbie here saying 'hello' - any vegetarians / vegans out there?

Tiggercat

Hello all

I've been lurking on this forum for some time now and have been very inspired by the interesting threads, together with the lovely friendliness and helpfulness shown by everyone. You are all so very generous in giving your time and support to others.

Anyway, having a couple of stone to lose, I've finally bitten the bullet and have just signed up for Slimming World online (it's difficult for me to get to classes). I'm going to get started on Sunday, but am a little apprehensive as I have a HUGE appetite and hate being hungry, so I'm hoping that I'll have enough to eat!! I tried Weight Watchers a few years ago but had to give up after only a few days as I was so hungry. I got to the point where I had to go to bed early as I couldn't bear to be awake with my rumbling tummy! I do hope that I don't have the same experience with Slimming World ......

Also, I'm vegetarian - in fact, practically vegan, as I very rarely eat eggs/dairy, so I'm hoping that Slimming World is veggie friendly. The green plan looks great, so fingers crossed! Are there any other veggies out there?

I know it will be a long haul, as I'm a very slow loser (being the wrong side of the menopause definitely doesn't help!!), but I don't mind too much as I really want to change my eating habits in the long term and don't see this as a quick fix. I've got into some very bad eating habits and I'm hoping that Slimming World can put that right.

Here's wishing us all luck with our weight loss journeys.

Tiggercat xx
:)

I'm not veggie, as lthough I don;t eat meat, I do occasionally eat fish and also some products like Muller yoghurts that aren't suitable for veggies but I do 100% Green days and have lost just under 5.5 stone in a year- so yes, SW is ideal for veggies!

Welcome to SW! I'm a veggie with vegan tendencies and SW is fab for folks like us ;) Green days are brilliant for veggies and vegans and there are lots of us on here who will be happy to help if we can. You will not go hungry either, I did WW in the past and had the same problem but it's nothing like that with SW if you make good choices, promise!

Have a look at the food diary section - you will find lots of veggie and vegan inspiration there. There should be a link to my diary below, feel free to drop by for a chat x

Thank you all so much for your replies - it's great to know that there are fellow veggies out there. It's also reassuring to know that I (hopefully) won't go hungry - I soooooo hate having a rumbling tummy! :)

another life-long veggie here! (not vegan though, I couldn't live without milk and cheese :) ).

I've taken to eating loads of homemade veggie soups, since despite being vegetarian my whole life I was never really a big eater of vegetables, I can pretty much eat anything in a soup after letting it boil down to something a little bit more mushy (I suppose I was more like a pizzatarian when I was growing up.. oops!:rolleyes: ). Also, I love doing homemade curries, for pretty much the same reason.

Its definitely possible, although I find that if I do green days then my weight loss is slower than compared to doing Extra Easy. I know that sounds a bit daft since they should both be identical for vegetarians, but I think doing green days tends to cause me to avoid eating the 1/3 superfree each day, and perhaps the extra HXA/HXB also slows down the weight loss? Everyone's different though, as they say :)

but either way, you should definitely never go hungry. I definitely don't cook small meals ever, and even have days when I just want to devour everything in the fridge - so I just make sure that i'm always really well stocked with good healthy things instead of the usual junky snacks

Mmmmm - I lurrrve homemade soup, so will have to get cooking. Great idea! Just a shame I can't eat it with lots of lovely crusty bread .....

Tiggercat said:
Mmmmm - I lurrrve homemade soup, so will have to get cooking. Great idea! Just a shame I can't eat it with lots of lovely crusty bread .....

Well there's always WW petit pain, all the joy of white crusty bread but a HEXB :D I've been making lots of soup recently and have had pretty good losses for the last couple of weeks so gonna carry on with that.

Hi. I'm not a full vegetarian too. I just don't eat meat. So I make my own veggie soups and stews. And if you add some tube pasta it's very filling...and all free. Since starting the Slimming World eating plan I've stocked up on loads of different spices that add some wonderful flavours to lots of recipes. Nothing needs to be bland then.
All the best,
soapy x

Back