Newbie in Merton/Wimbledon saying hi, and wltm other locals for support

Hi there everyone!!
Very pleased to find this website.
I've recently registered, so allow me to introduce myself.

I'm a lady in my 30's living in the Wimbledon region. I'm currently a full time (about to become single) mummy to my beautiful 18 month old boy and girl twins.

I weigh about 16 1/2 stone, which puts me in the "morbidly obese" category I guess.

Mine is the old familiar story...... when I first met my current partner I was a slim, curvy size 12-14. I then put on loads of weight during pregnancy, felt a bit down about it after my twins were born, culminating in a heck of alot of comfort eating, and here I am now at a size 20/22, with a boyfriend who says he no longer likes my figure and doesn't fancy me much anymore!!:cry::cry:

I'm about to embark on a very long dieting journey, with the aim of losing 6-7 stone in however long it takes.:eek:

I can honestly say that every one of my friends - including other mum friends are very slim. Hence, I do feel rather out on a limb....not to mention somewhat ashamed for allowing myself to become this size.

I would dearly love some dieting and exercise buddies (female and male) in and around the Wimbledon, Merton, Morden, SW London areas for mutual friendship and dieting support, and maybe even the odd skinny latte in Starbucks!!!!

Please do get in touch.
Take care,
Mummy super jumbo!! :wave_cry: [email protected]

Hi and welcome to the minimins boards, good luck!

HI there!!
Many thanks for your responses. Wow - so many new people have joined since my last posting that I almost couldn't locate my original message!

My computer has been dreadful for the last week or so, and keep losing my connection whilst typing, so hope this goes through!!

The diet I am on is called (don't laugh!!) "The Stephanie Plan". Ok - so it's actually my own thing, but when I eventually manage to stick to it (and i'm falling off the wagon left right and centre at the moment) it does work really well.

It's nothing extreme or drastic, just low calorie/fat heathy eating and a 1500 cal daily limit to begin with.
I couldn't possibly go without junk/chocolate ad infinitum so do allow myself reward treats when i've lost some weight.

I managed to shed 6 stone some years back by following my own diet plan. I only hope I can do it again..........

I must say, Boots "Shapers" crisps and Shapers chocolate have been a Godsend, as has diet coke and granulated sweetener!! I'm always seeking out new ways to jazz up my diet and give myself variety without the fat!!

I managed to shed 6 stone some years back by following my own diet plan. I only hope I can do it again..........

If it worked for you then it should work for you now Stephanie, good luck. 6 stone is a great loss!

Back