Extra Easy NEWBIE MEMBER

boedaccia

Evening all!

I finally bit the bullet and joined my local slimming world this morning. I used to be a WW member, went from 17st to 12.11 in 18months for my wedding in 2007 (and from 22/24 to 14/16) I then left WW and decided to do the plan at home, immediately went back up to the 13's, managed to keep myself there until 2010, then went in to 14's and seemed to stick at 14.5 until this year, when from seemingly nowhere, I am in the 15's and 16/18, which I actually think upsets me more than the scales if I am honest.

I tried re doing both the old pts system and the propoints at home in the last month, lost 4lbs and gained it again, so enough is enough. I don't ever want to be 17st me again and I can see my weight going up, my shape changing and I don't like it.

I am hoping that the change to slimming world will assist me in my quest to be back at least at 13st for the interim target.

Just getting my head round the EE plan, seems quite straight forward (although weird not to point lol)

I have also started to SW my hairy Dieters Cookbook and for anyone else using it, the skinny beef mince and potato pies are 9 syns. When i cook more recipes i will post them up for other users - hope this is helpful.

Have to add, not overly impressed with the official SW site, seems a bit 'basic' - maybe that's just me though

B
x:):wave_cry:

Welcome to SW. I was also a WW girl for years and took me a long time to not automatically point everything I put on the plate!!! I find SW much easier as I dont constantly think about food which is what I did with WW. I feel that the SW plan treats you as an adult by allowing you to be control of what you decide to eat. Saying that I rejoined last night....again!!!

This is a fab site - I do go on the official one sometimes (usually to check syn values)

Good luck on your SW journey

Back