Newbie needs help!!!

Hi all :wave_cry: I’m new to the site, but unfortunately not new to dieting. For the last 18 months or so I’ve been on and off Weight Watchers more times than I can count. I usually stick to the plan for 4 weeks or 6 pounds, whichever comes first, then I just lose the plot. I tend to get fed up with being hungry a lot-no matter how much filling foods I eat, I just can’t manage on my 18/19 points a day.

I’m 5ft 3” and just under 11 stone. It may not seem like a lot, but my comfort zone was between 8 and 9 stone. So I’m carrying around the best part of an extra 2 stone and that isn’t at all fun.

Every month I buy the new issues of the slimming mags and feel inspired, yet never do anything about my own weight. It’s definitely time to do something. I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been and utterly miserable. I HATE the thought of spending yet another summer covered up, dressed head to toe in black, and just generally feeling uncomfortable 24/7. :cry:

I don’t fancy WW again, even though I could follow it at home and start tomorrow with hardly any planning. There isn’t a Rosemary Conley class near me. I like the idea behind Slimming World but I’m terrified that the lack of portion control would lead to a weight gain!

I’m at a total loss as to what to do eating plan wise. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Hi,

I'm new to the forum too! & new to dieting!
I joined Slimming World just over 2 weeks ago and i've lost 8 and a half pounds so far. I'm amazed to be honest as I haven't felt hungry and I haven't really felt as though i'm on a diet. I have just realised that I was eating the wrong foods. I have had to learn to love veg and fruit as i didn't eat much of it before SW.
On SW's extra easy plan, I have lots of free foods which i can eat as much of as i like in a day, then healthy extras and 5-15 syns a day! I personally think it's fab and i'm very pleased with the result so far!! I love the free food concept, much better than trying to stick to points every day as you can eat whenever you feel hungry!

I really hope you find something that suits you!! :)
Good luck!
x

Hi,

I have had to learn to love veg and fruit as i didn't eat much of it before SW.

I'm not really a huge fan of fruit and veg, so that kind of puts me off Slimming World. I'm also worried about the expense of having to buy so much fresh food instead of the convenience foods that I practically lived on when doing WW. I can't cook to save my life so heaven knows how I'd cope on SW :eek:

Well done on your loss so far Mel, you must be thrilled!

Oh i see! That's a shame!
I can't really cook either but i'm lucky because i'm living at home with my dad and he's a great cook! :)
Well, i hope you do find something that works for you! I'm sure there's plenty of people on here who can suggest lots of diet plans.

Yeah, i'm very happy, wasn't expecting to lose that much in 2 weeks but still got quite a way to go! x

Oh i see! That's a shame!
I can't really cook either but i'm lucky because i'm living at home with my dad and he's a great cook! :)

Ah that's a point, I still live at home (at the grand old age of 27!) and could call on chef dad. He's a brill cook and he could be doing with losing a few lbs himself! :p

Oh that's good then! I'm sure he'd be more than happy to support you! He might enjoy cooking some new meals, and yep it means you can both eat healthily together, bonus!! :)
My dads been great, he always buys me plenty of stuff i can eat when he goes shopping too, which i was surprised about because i didn't think he would remember. I think it would be different if i lived on my own, shopping would be such a temptation!!
x

I'm rubbish with diets, i cheat, i lie about portion size, lie about points i think it is haha.

So I started the Tony Ferguson diet which boots promotes last tuesday, I have already lost 7.5lbs in 6 days! Its meal replacement diet, shake and fruit for breakfast, fruit as snake, soup and veg for lunch, fruit as snake, then a low GI dinner, which you cook yourself just following the rules of the diet or their cook book, which actually has some really nice meals in!

Good luck with your diet!

Hi and welcome. I have also tried most diets and now on SW and go to the class but it is so hard. Good luck

Irene xx

Back